1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/24/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 24, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yao wasn't a star that season. he was just a good player. he's a star now. that team was ALL tmac.

this team has yao averaging 22-23 pts and will be more as we go along.

it's not a valid comparison.

2. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

That's your opinion. You have the right to say so.

3. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Let me repost:

Sigh "This year, it's more up and down and playing more at the elbow." This is after our record of 6-2. Do you have logic? You want Yao to spell this out for you in exact words??

Your whole point is we suck because Yao is not playing as much at the low post as he did under JVG. Which is untrue. Even if Yao doesnt play in low post as much, we had a 6-2 record. Its only after TMac was hurt, Yao was in the low post a lot more, just like last year. You disagree with me, with Fran and now with Yao. Are you delusional??

Yes this is both Yao and TMac's team, but the fact of the matter is, we are 13-41 without TMac and we were 20-12 without Yao last year.

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

and he has been this yr if u took out those 2 games after injury ;)

the best player so far is lebron james. dude is killin ppl

5. SmitingPurpleEm

Um, Adelman is remaking the team so that Yao stands at the elbow like a stiff, like his vision of Yao as Vlade Divac.

Yao is certainly CAPABLE of being a superstar but right now Adelman is holding him back. To solve that Adelman needs to put him back in the low post.

6. SmitingPurpleEm

Stop ripping quotes out of context.

And I never said McGrady should stop getting touches. All I want is for Yao's elbow touches to become low post touches. If Yao still fails to produce it is his fault and not Adelman's.

7. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

No, I get your point and you talk nonsense. You were saying TMac should set up others or attack the basket if his jumpshots are not falling, just like Kobe attacks the basket.

I am saying, not everyone can do what Kobe can do, even if you think they are Kobe. It would be the same ridiculous thing for me to say, that Yao should grab 15 rbs and 3 blocks like Dwight is doing.

I know its hard to digest the fact that what you said was ridiculous.

8. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

tmac is more important b/c he can do more things on the court. but our goal is to advance deep in the playoffs and win a championship. we need tmac and yao at their best (along w/ the role players clicking) for us to win.

so it's tmac's and yao's team. the team go where they want to take us. if they're gonna get owned by okur/boozer or fisher, then we go nowhere (along w/ the role players sucking like junior high school players)

9. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

If you want to depend on Yaozer or any other people when TMAC has an off night, TMAC has to make his decisions about shooting more or passing more. That's in fact the most important thing to this team with TMAC playing.

I still think we could win the game against Dallas if TMAC didn't take that many shots on his first return from injury. Scola should have more touches.

10. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

to be a superstar, u gotta do it in the playoffs. though tmac hasn't advanced, he has performed in the playoffs (29, 7, 7).

yao hasn't performed in the playoffs. so even if he dominates the reg. season and fails to dominate again, it's all moot.

and please, don't compare him to divac. check the stats. divac wishes he can even see yao's 1st quarter stats.

11. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

You are barking at the wrong person again, you crazy YOH!

12. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

haha when did I say you wanted TMac to not get touches?

Anyways, it is good to finally see the truth. You made all these stupid "claims" or "facts" which I busted one by one with actual proofs. The fact of the matter is, you just want Yao to score more and dominate regardless of what the records show is good for the team. How is that different from TMac scoring in bunches and we lose? This is the favorite anti-Tmac attacks by YAOFs. You know it takes a lot of effort and TOs to get Yao the ball when he is getting fronted?? I have seen it 100s of times. I will say it one final time, until Yao and the rockets team learns to counter fronting defense, going to Yao in the low post is not as dominating as it could/should be.

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

YOF's dont a rats ass about the team. all the yao's stats.

14. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

You are really insane. TMAC is the best playmaker in the team. Period.

15. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

yea and it wasn't you, so let him tell me lmao.. you seem to be upset that I am owning you guys in the arguments? Trust me when I say that I am YAOFs. I am. But it is really stupid to hate on TMac or to talk about Yao's personal numbers when we actually won the game! This should be about the team, not Yao's personal numbers.

16. JustWannaChill

You have to say that at least once a day to boost your manhood. What a sad story.

17. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

And I was talking about your comparisons to Kobe :rolleyes:
    Maybe you should learn to read.

18. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

He is having Yao at the elbow on some plays allowing other players to make clean cuts to the basket for lay ups. When plays are run for Yao to post up he does so for the most part down on the block. If the play isnt designed for Yao to post up, why put him down there clogging the lane??

This is GOOD for Yao, less wear and tear as a decoy.

19. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Those are not YOFs. They are twisted freaks. Real YAo fans want Yao to win games and be happy. Obviously Yao wouldn't be happy if ROX lost games even though he got great stats. Real YOFs are sad after a ROX loss because they know Yao will be not happy about the loss. Real YOFS care about ROX as much as they care about Yao. Certainly, most of those YOFs will not always support ROX after Yao leaves ROX. Well, don't be so hash on them because most of them don't have roots in Houston or ROX and they did know ROX because of Yao. However, real YOFs support ROX as long as Yao is in the team.

20. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

I know how to read and I know what a kind of person you are.
    That's your opinion and you have the right to say that. Period.