1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 2/27/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Obviously any team in the West would be difficult...

But I'd like our chances against Dallas, San Antonio, Portland, and potentially LAC.

LAC has had our number lately, but they have easily the worst bench in amongst West playoff teams. I think our bench would consistently feast on them, but Harden would have to play well, something he hasn't done against them much.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Gun to my head I probably choose us to lose to everyone except maybe Dallas. Hope I'm wrong, but that's just the way I've been conditioned the last 3 decades.

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Brown got low, but he kept backing up like he was in a Juvenile video. All Harden had to do was just stand there. Rookie mistake. Probably got instructed to pin Harden down. Sometimes tunnel vision makes you overlook the obvious.

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4dBmoCSY0gA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yall see the Markel Brown interview? I gotta say that kid was refreshing to listen to and how sincere and honest you could be in that situation. "I did the best I could do, thats James Harden"

1 person likes this.
  6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Jones continues thriving like skilled 3rd year players do before they turn into stars ;)

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Same thing we said last year about Blazers. Playoffs is totally different story.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

He missed too many games in my opinion to be in the MVP race to win. He will get some votes, but I don't see him winning. If they are using the argument that Curry has a team with a better record when they talk about Harden, then what do they have to say about Westbrook?

9. Hawkeye11

Hawkeye11 Member

Loved that crossover step back jumper from harden at the end...loved the reaction even more.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dude's voice was trembling.

11. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Phew. We escaped.

Defensively we weren't there but turned it on at the end.

Terrence Jones hell of a game. Boy I'm glad to have him back.

13. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

14. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Me too. It's good to have multiple guys who can impact a game. I really wish we had one more perimeter guy. I really like our collection of bigs.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's a collective group of guys that could be that currently on the team. I did not once see Pap or KJ on the floor. Between now and the post season they could easily be that extra perimeter threat. We've seen Pap be a big part of the earlier wins without Dwight maybe he can some get back to that. Prigioni is a pleasant surprise as well.

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This. Thank you for reminding us of the Phil Jackson 40-20 rule. A true championship contender wins 40 before losing 20. Whatchyou got on that, Barkley!?

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The dude was starstruck. Kind of weird considering he's an NBA player.

18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Can't find the interview.

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

"He's the best! He's the best!" Love how passionate Bill still is about the game. Wish that Jim & Gene were calling games, though. Nothing against the current radio guy, it would just be fun to hear their reactions to to what's happened this season.

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suggestions of new design elements for the upcoming Rockets redesign via Clutch? eh, <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans">@clutchfans</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/DreamShakeSBN">@DreamShakeSBN</a>? <a href="http://t.co/5MUnjkkXqp">pic.twitter.com/5MUnjkkXqp</a></p>&mdash; Conrad Burry (@conradburry) <a href="https://twitter.com/conradburry/status/571771313653592064">February 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>