1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 2/27/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2015.

1. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

KPAP is already ruled out for this game due to an ankle sprain. I agree that Brewer should spark the bench.

If Bev plays and Harden doesn't, I'd expect Terry to start and then quickly get brewer in.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is that Adam Sandler!

Rocket River
    Is that why he is the SandMan?
    in case I missed it . .. .

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A good game and Win Sunday will cement his MVP place in the race

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Only 1 player has managed to drop 30+ on the Nets this season...James Harden...and he did so in less than 30mins as he didn't play the 4th Q</p>&mdash; Craig Ackerman (@ca_rockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/ca_rockets/status/571388864268341249">February 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Nice. Let's go Beard! Is it 7 yet?!

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Wow, so lately the Nets start 3 guards to go with a Joe Johnson - Plumlee front court. So really, 4 guards and a Center.

We should use our size & length to eat them up like bbq chicken.

6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

What? How would losing to the Nets without Harden & Howard be a letdown? People need to get their priorities straight, and that's winning in the playoffs. We don't do that without a healthy team. Having a letdown on February 27th, sorry to say, isn't going to impact us in April/May. I'd love 56 wins but damn 55 sounds good too.

This game means zip in the long run. East fodder. Who cares. Give Prigioni more burn with the second unit, and lets get Harden's ankle some rest.

7. MONON

MONON Member

Damn! Ya beat me to it!! :mad: I guess I'm not crazy after all.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's too bad. I feel that K-Pap can offer us good minutes when needed. He played well against the Suns.

9. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I was assuming Harden would end up playing. If he does, the Rockets should win. Gotta take advantage of games that should be easy wins when we're in the West.

11. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I want to see this team get a W without harden. I bet he sits

12. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Harden needs to play...

He's young, not injury prone, and in the home stretch of his MVP season.

Additionally, his team needs him to win. We need to win. The Rockets need to maintain their top seed and add any cushion in case of a bad stretch toward the end of the season

13. a711

a711 Member

I kind of like the idea of harden playing all 82 games. It's nice for his campaign. Not many people in the modern nba play every night.

14. SemisolidSnake

Adrenaline will do that for you. People play out game on injuries like this ALL the time. I've done it myself many times. It's the day after when you realize the extent of your injuries, but in the moment, a lot of guys can play through unimaginable things. Isiah Thomas famously did this against the Lakers in the 1988 Finals.

What I don't understand, though, is why NBA players do not all universally wear ankle braces. I sprained my ankle playing YMCA volleyball a few years ago. Played for another two hours on it, then was out for three months. Since I've come back, I wear two serious ankle braces that have completely prevented any more rolled ankles. They still fit in my shoes, and while I thought they'd inhibit my mobility, they really don't. They just keep my ankle from twisting horribly if I land funny. A brace would have prevented Harden's injury. I don't think it would affect his mobility either; he's too good. I just don't get why they don't wear braces. High top shoes do nothing for rolled ankles.

15. SemisolidSnake

Me too, and I don't want Harden to make a potentially minor injury into a major one by playing on it too soon. Just because you're young doesn't mean you're invincible. Otherwise, I'd have never spent a day off the baseball fields when I rolled both my ankles in high school. I was almost decade younger than Harden; apparently, that should have made me Wolverine. Youth helps with stamina, but a sprain is a sprain at any age.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Beard (and Bev) is good to go. We're in business.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I hope we close them out early, Lebron and Kyrie are both out for tonight's game vs. the Pacers

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No! Damn it, McHale! Make him sit out and rest(Bev, I mean).

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

No pressure

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard has won his last 13 games against the Nets. Nets haven’t beaten a Dwight team since April 11, 2009.</p>&mdash; devin kharpertian (@uuords) <a href="https://twitter.com/uuords/status/571425797048823808">February 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

With Harden and Beverley a bit shaky tonight, I feel this is the perfect time for McDaniels to get some PT. He's had enough time to understand what we are trying to do on both sides of the floor and him and brewer/ariza on the wings is a scary combination.