1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 1/16/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

There are many coaches who dont do that, not just Dantoni.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If they make 2 threes in a row, and we still dont do that, then we are stupid.

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Youre not wrong but the buck stops at MDA not Jeff. That’s the context. And why not foul with seconds left and up 3?

snowconeman22 and shvedsucks like this.
  4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Because the loss couldve been avoided in so many ways by making adjustment in the 4th quarter and ot and changing the lineup in the last 3 minutes could easily gave us w, same scenario from the magic game.

j3i, shvedsucks and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

I know I just thought maybe Jeff B should have more power in that situation since he was made as such a big deal

lw17 likes this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

who ? we had no one left

7. HP3

HP3 Member

He make lucky shots, they were bad shot with good defense, it happens. Things like this dont usually happen, what if we fouled them, and someone makes a turnover on the in bounds??? Than youd be blaming MDA for fouling.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Really all he had to do was keep what was working, not asking for much

ryano2009 likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well...clearly anybody else?

MCW was obviously never going to work out. Signing him day 1 of free agency was always going to be dumb. He’s been one of the worst players in the league for years.

Melo...I get the risk. But there were better options out there that didn’t come with the baggage. Hell...House and Nunnally are two options right there in front of us. I like them over Melo any day. Much better fits.

lw17 likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So you are upset they didn't sign the guys they signed?

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

drive to the basket for the last shot of regulation and either pull up or take it to the rim...
    harden 5-19 from 3... 26%
    harden 11-15 from 2... 73%

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well in that hypothetical, we would have House or Nunnally on a regular contract playing for us rather than Melo sitting at home wasting a roster spot, so...yes, actually!

Please tell me we’re not still defending the Melo and MCW signings. Please tell me we’re not doing that. Are you happy with how those turned out? Were you expecting those to be solid moves? If so...my condolences.

#1332 J Sizzle, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  13. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Not to be a dick but mentioned 100 times by me and everyone else lol Clark, he was our best defender and rebounder. He had more rebounds than anyone else in half the minutes. Nene could have helped too. One of those guys in there and we keep the lead. I posted this already but it was something like 7 minutes left Clark comes in for nene we have a 12 point lead, then at 4 minutes we are still up 10 and nunaley or GG comes in for Clark, the rest is history

hakeem94 and PeterKingX like this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

They were all reasonable gambles. House and Clark sorta worked out, Nunally is TBD, Melo and MCW didn't.

Not sure why you think House and Nunnally would be on regular contracts. They aren't now, why would they have been earlier?

15. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Ok guys, when was last time
    MDA did something as far as Xs and Os that u said wow MDA just won us that game? I feel like every game won has been harden just taking ball and saying get out the way. What I do remember is magic game, heat game, and this game MDA losing the game by changing something that was working well and going supersmall down the stretch. I even remember Mchale drawing plays and making adjustments to win a game and even series, Dwight, Josh Smith pick and roll in Mavericks series, harden post up same or next series, benching harden in 4th quarter of clippers game. I don’t remember MDA ever doing anything similar. I mean I see he has a system (which is now mostly gone), but as far as in game adjustments I honestly don’t know of any

PeterKingX and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What happen to Harteinstein? Would have expected a few min from him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lots of ifs and buts..buttttttttttttttttttttttttttt if we make our free throws we win the game, we should have closed it out. Dinwiddie also was clutch as heck, so that didn't help either

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

You never understand why Chriss is over Harteninstein...

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Ansolutely, players had their own share of mistakes, if GG didn’t foul, if tucker didn’t foul, if GG made another 3, if harden made another 3, etc, those are gonna happen. But a coach is supposed to put them in better position to win, not worse, or at very least to not negatively affect the game. Made no sense what he did tonight and he couldn’t even explain it, he pretty much said that’s what we do

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

Inexcusable to lose like this, we won’t win a thing this year. Where did our defense go? Sure Harden is on a great streak but this all out offense isn’t working. Ow and another thing: pay House and get a big man Morey. If I were Harden, I’d be pissed.