1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 1/16/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Why dont you coach bro? You seem to have all the answers.

2. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Why is it on Morey that players got injured. It’s called bad luck and it happens. It sucks but it isn’t really anyone’s fault.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

people are actually complaining about drawing plays. What plays are you exactly drawing up against a team playing 1-2-2 or 2-3.

HP3 likes this.
  4. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

At least he should have told him, Mike we too small, we up 10, game is almost over, put a better defender in there, we need rebounding, GG killing our defense, Clark has played great defense and rebounded, nene can rebound etc. maybe he doesn’t have the power to do that, but if he doesn’t then he isn’t as big a deal as we thought

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You can go small ... but you can only go small in stretches .

Small guys don't have the energy to fight bigs on the boards for 48 minutes ... especially not harden and river and PJ who have been playing crazy minutes .

We needed to use nene and hartenstein to establish some size ... and then only go away from it if it wasn't working or if PJ had enough juice to man the 5 . We also needed Clark at the 4 to help with rebounding .

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, idk. Dantoni is the go to scapegoat for these types of things, dont ask me haha.

7. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

And even with starters out, 46 points really?? I mean we did have tucker who is supposed to be a great defender, harden isn’t bad either. No matter who plays u can’t give up 46 in a close game, not like it was garbage time.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

I wonder if Morey is going to talk MDA into retirement. Assuming Morey takes coaching into account into any of his analytics, he has to see that our... lack of in-game coaching is costing us points (and thus, wins).

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Someone had to quite literally sow NUNNALLY on a jersey minutes before the game. What in the actual hell people. Ennis with a mystery in-home accident laceration to the calf. Danuel House going full r-word for the 2nd time in his life. 1st leaving UH for A&M and 2nd rejecting that multi deal offer after no teams picked him up for 2 months! Chriss even had to play tonight for Chrissakes.

lw17, s3ts and Zergling like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Actually you know what, since everyone here thinks Gary is this huge difference maker, I'd like to see him play big minutes and see what happens. Dantoni should play him more just to see if he's that impactful once and for all.

cdrive likes this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Humorous to me that someone always has to be blamed.

Why can't bad luck be blamed?

cdrive and HP3 like this.
  12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I should fix that

Even my Gradma coach us last minute, she might bring us a win.

HP3 likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

the sky's always falling after losses even during some of the worst circumstances your team can have. some of these posts blaming this and that are dramatic as always

HP3 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, hahaha, you know what, I admire the confidence. You will have to fight @kjayp for the position.

You are wrong though :D

15. Mr. Space City

fucc jeff b for not teaching d'antoni common sense on how to foul when up 3.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i'm good with either... i think either of us coulda pulled out a victory tonight... heck, without Brewer on the roster, JBB mighta even had been able to win this one... ;)

PeterKingX and HP3 like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey signing dudes like Melo and MCW instead of addressing actual needs and competent backups is most certainly on Morey. He’s even admitted his off-season was bad.

lw17 likes this.
  18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Let Nets shoot 2 FTs with 3pts leading.

kjayp likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Who should he have signed?

20. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

What excuse is that to not play Clark or nene down the stretch for defense up 10 and 4 minutes left when all we needed was defense and rebounding and both were doing that? Specially since GG had worst defensive game I could remember anyone play, EVER. Oh let me guess, GG was on his couch last season. Your response doesn’t address players we had who were on bench. MDA learned quick chriss didn’t have to play, thus his 6 minutes. Nene on their other hand,,16 minutes? What he being saved for? Lol. How about Clark? Was he just playinng terrible defense to be benched down the stretch. He had more rebounds than anyone else on the team in half the minutes, more blocks, and more lockdown defense. WHEN WE NEEDED exactly rebounding and defense to close the game smh
    Chrissakes 46 points, close game, u don’t need 5 stars for average defense