1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 1/16/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wow! I'm so glad I passed on watching this game because I might have broken my computer monitor. From what I'm reading about it, it reminds me of the McGrady thumping of San Antonio in about 30 seconds that one time when he scored all those points to win the game except, this time, we were on the receiving end of the barrage. I didn't like PJ much before (primarily, his lame offense) but if he missed two FTs to seal the win...then f him.

BasketMAD likes this.
  2. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

3. Remlap

Remlap Member

Look, gotta give them credit. They were knocking down shots. Especially when they needed them.
    That's what they do.

The fact that we were even in this game with the rag-tag group we have cobbled together is impressive.
    If we had even played SMARTER instead of HARDER down the stretch we could have won.
    If we had avoided a few mental lapses here and there it would not have been a tie in regulation.

We're missing 2 (arguably 3 in Gordon, AGAIN) of our biggest weapons and still took one
    of the hottest teams in the East to OT. Everyone is pointing fingers and blaming the Coach
    or the GM, or the ballboy, or the ticket taker. But, injuries have decimated us.
    ALL AT ONE TIME. What are you gonna do?

How many of us in the 1st Q thought we were going to get blown out?
    But we showed some grit and came fighting back
    GREAT effort boys

[​IMG]

4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden surely has to be questioning his future here. Since he's been here he's pretty had no major help. And when he does get a little bit of help, the players get injured often.

Now I'm not saying trade Harden or anything.... because I obviously want him here. I just feel bad for the guy. He's played amazing pretty much since he's been here, he just doesn't catch any breaks and he may not win a championship.... and that's criminal for a guy with his talent.

BasketMAD likes this.
  5. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I disagree. They tried to offer him a worse deal than Gary Clark. It's not greed to ask for more than the minimum especially when you have demonstrated your value during a time of great need for the team. A player like House who hasn't made any real money yet in the league has to secure his future when given the opportunity. He will likely need to make enough money to take care of himself and his loved ones for the next 50 years of his life.

Management should have had the framework of a deal already in place once it was clear that House was an NBA-level contributor. It seems like all the negotiations happened a the last minute. I'm optimistic it will get figured out eventually but we can't keep running PJ, Tuck, and Rivers out there for 40 mins a night. We are putting ourselves at risk unnecessarily.

ak99999 likes this.
  6. Zergling

Zergling Member

And how the hell is Hartenstein getting a DNP-CD in this situation of being so badly undermanned? Just ridiculous decisions by MDA

BasketMAD, ak99999 and shvedsucks like this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Where was he playing bad d. From were i was setting he was ok.

8. riko

riko Member

I can’t deal defend him anymore. Just plain aweful right now

BasketMAD likes this.
  9. Remlap

Remlap Member

LOL. We have a guy named Clint. Remember HIM?
    Maybe not because apparently Morey took him out by breaking his thumb
    Is that correct or just rumor?

shvedsucks likes this.
  10. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Can someone ask they idiot what about Gary Clark? Or that it doesn’t matter playing nene only 16 minutes in a game missing 6 rotational players when u need rebounding. If he can’t help u this game wtf u saving him for? His next mad contract?

BasketMAD and PeterKingX like this.
  11. Zergling

Zergling Member

Or even Hartenstein

12. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

His response after the game for going super small “we had no choice” like do u not know Clark and nene played great defense and rebounded, and hartstein got 0 minutes?? I hate hartstain but come one man. It’s like playing your offensive lineman as QB when u need to score a last minute touchdown because u don’t like your back up QB

ak99999 likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

For an "offensive genius" D'Antoni doesn't draw up many good plays in the clutch time

BasketMAD, shvedsucks and PeterKingX like this.
  14. Remlap

Remlap Member

We DO need to replace Nene and get someone who can play real minutes and regularly

D-rock, ak99999 and shvedsucks like this.
  15. SORF

SORF Member

This is why I don't criticize Harden when he allows the opposing team a layup. Harden knows he is beaten, so why give then the "and 1". Let them have the two, but not make it three.
    That is what Green and Tucker should have done...and then we would have won because Brooklyn never would have rebounded the missed free thrown in for another basket + 1.

Remlap likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

ask everyone else

17. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

It's only accurate when it's positive, right? Again not going to make any crazy statements about Tucker, but let's just say there's been a LITTLE bit of regression. Do you want to blame D'Antoni for riding this old dude into the ground from the start instead of using guys like Clark or House? I don't know.

18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Yep, he's pretty terrible. House has been bigger for the Rockets than him this season, but I'm not going to get into that. I don't think Morey should cave into those negotiations, no matter what.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This is a good and mature take. The Rockets probably shouldn't have been in the game anyway, but Harden and Gordon's heroics gave us a really good shot...which we then blew. I think that's where a lot of the anger comes from, the fact that Harden really did his absolute best and was let down by his team (and then by extension the coaching staff, the front office, etc etc)

I think a little venting can be healthy--lord knows I was just doing it--but after a certain point the cacophony of negativity can drown out the fact that there are still a few positives to be had, even from a game like this. Gordon looked awesome, and I hope his re-injury isn't anything serious. Nunnally looked like a good spot-up shooter, when he's taking the shot and not driving into Jarrett Allen, and Austin Rivers overcame a terrible start before missing that wide-open three in OT. edit: yes i'm still salty about it, and I will be til we murder the lakers

Every team needs a Tracy Mcgrady moment...the Nets got their's but we have the MVP. A fair trade, in my books.

D-rock likes this.
  20. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

"Just make a crazy shot, Harden or Chris Paul." Am I misrepresenting D'Antoni's "coaching prowess," @HP3?

Remlap likes this.