1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 1/13/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2005.

1. BigSexy

BigSexy Contributing Member

Why is it that the rockets struggle big time (generally) against the eastern conference teams? For many years it has been considered that if the Rockets were able to beat the western conference teams that they would be close to top 4 in the league.
    They are doing their part in beating western conference foes (12-9) but are 6-8 against east?!?!?! Especially losing to teams that are near the bottom of the league (charlotte twice!! hawks and bucks!!)

Whats going on?!?!?!

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its energy level... they bring it against the top teams, but not against the ones they feel they can beat.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its amazing to see the stark difference between the first quarter of the last two games... but they're within 7, and all of their TO's have been unforced.

They'll be fine.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Mark of a team with zero clue on how to be a winner, which explains its pathetic record

5. hotballa

Geez, does TMac really need a pick? Who the hell is guarding him that he needs a pick to blow by and dunk on??

6. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

yeah, least we climbed back it in

although I never publicly said it on this board, I was worried about t his game (and these games in general).

I mean afterall we beat the mavericks playing at a high energy level , I guess we feel that we don't need to bring the same energy to games that we SHOULD win... sigh

that being said I too think we'll pull this out, just not with much breathing room.

7. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Since the trade they are 2-1 against the east. Geez it's just one quarter, they're not allowed to have a bad quarter..

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The pick has actually become a staple of this offense... they almost always double McGrady, which allows him to be a playmaker.

9. Texas Stoke

Only good ole' Mo could make Jabari Smith look like Dirk Nowitzki.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Actually, he's mirrored Shawn Bradley's performance from last night... and neither of them jumps when they shoot.

11. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Jon Barry to the rescue!

12. BigSexy

Its frustrating to watch thats for sure. I am confident though, that once (who knows when) we start hitting a consistent level that we will be one of the top teams in the league. Even with this current team.

After all, we beat a Mavs team who were on a 6 game winning streak with each win being at least 14 points on their home floor... There is hope.

13. Texas Stoke

Yao just looks horrible.

I've never seen him play so unconfident.

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

We're NOT trading for Nene.

15. BigSexy

Thats not the principle. Its more to do with the fact that if they come out like this against quality opposition, what are the chances they come back. How many of the 17 games that Rockets have lost, have they fallen behind by a large margin?
    This is not the Spurs or Suns we are talking about, but the Nets, who lost their leading scorer!??!?!

Win or lose this again, we cannot afford to be flat against more quality opponents. Simple as that. We are not gonna shoot 61% every game, so we have to find other ways to win games....primarily hitting open shots.

16. hotballa

I knew he would have a bad game tonight, it's another one of those no name Eastern Centers. :D Sigh, 3 PFs and 4 TO ugh What are you seeing Stoke? Gimme a breakdown on Big Bird

17. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

It appears that the Rockets are showcasing Taylor.

18. Texas Stoke

He looks like a big waste of space out there tonight. He's fumbling passes, indecisive with his shot in the paint,
    picking up cheap fouls - man he looks beat, mentally and physically.

But hey, he did the same thing against LA and had a monster second half, i'm expecting he'll do the same tonight.

19. Texas Stoke

:D

20. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Is the chat not working any more?