1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 1/13/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2005.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Being at the game tonight, yes I'm home already - only live a couple of miles away - the refs SUCK. Yao sucked, to be sure, but three offensive fouls.

Why is it a foul on Sura or Wesley everytime Jason F'ing Kidd (he, he's a real banger :rolleyes: ) posts up, but Yao can't get a call with Jason Collins draped all over his back??

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You don't understand. He didn't have a bad game; he had a pathetic game. I almost think that 2 Sandwiches Hamilton could have done better than Yao in this game.

But despite his ****ty play and T-Mac playing okay (even though with injury), as well as terrible officiating and playing the 2nd night of a back to back, I am just glad we got a win.

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We tried soooooo hard to lose that game, and still couldn't do it. Which just goes to show how bad the Nets suck.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I dont think Yao is good on back-2-backs.
    I predict Yao will drop the hammer down next game against the Spurs on Saturday.

5. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

lolz

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He better... I think the Yao Ming stock is at a all-time low right now, and its gonna be torture to be on this BBS the next few days.

The O/U on 'trade Yao/Yao isn't a max contract player' threads is already at 14.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I would love to see a full strength, healthy Kidd, Carter & Jefferson running the floor together.

8. Manny Ramirez

YallMean,

The quad is the long muscle in your upper leg or thigh that is on top or front side. The hamstring is the same thing but is on the bottom or back side.

9. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Yao was playing like a POS tonight. It seems that whenver he got two offensive fouls called on him within the first 5 min of the game, he is 90% done for the game. The only credit I will give him is his rebounding effort in the second half.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Let's allow Yao to have a pathetic game. I

I guess I wont be watching the game on Tivo tonight. All I know so far, we blew out Dallas, got a win tonight. No depression.

Saturday is a big game. Hope Tmac's "quad" can heal up by then.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, but what is a quad injury? ;)

12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I don't mind refs randomly blowing calls. But when you go up and down the court two times, and one team gets called for ticky tack stuff at one end twice, and the other team doesn't get called for ticky tack stuff twice, that's inexcusable.

In the refs' defense, they did sort of a make-up job at the end, fouling out Collins and Carter. It was like they had finally looked up and realized, "Oh, s*** -- we're in Houston."

13. Manny Ramirez

Something that makes your quadriceps not at a 100%.:p

I tore my left quad, playing softball, about 4 and a half years ago. Believe me, it is not a fun thing to have happen to you.

14. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

I'll take the over. ;)

15. littlefish_220

this is the worst Yao we can imagine. the officiating is horrible, too.

but hey, we are 2 games above .500 first time this year. that is the reason to cheer up.

16. fa7999

fa7999 Member

They called the same foul 3 times in the first quarter. The first two took Yao totally out of the game, and the third caught Deke by surprise.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

I know. It could take weeks. Man I would rather choose a bad toe. Kobe and Mac has lot of this kind of injury.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Sura is "true grit," the guy won the game almost by himself. Ming is moving up in the standings for the Woosey of the Year Award, and TMac is injured. Rockets win, but so much for the consistency theory. Somebody give Ming a book on basketball fundamentals; he seemed energized at times but was "cluelessly" ineffective. Wow, he sucked sooo bad, I feel embarassment for him.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Let me repeat

Yao is under-sexed, that's all.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He wasn't doing anything fundamentally wrong. He got taken out of his game seriously because of (a) bad refereeing, (b) Collins playing physical and (c) bad refereeing.

He still sucked, for sure, as an NBA player you have to adjust your game to whatever works, but there is a serious inequity in the way fouls are called today - see my post above about Jason Kidd posting up vs. Yao.

As an aside, what happened to the Yao/T-Mac pick-n-roll on the corner? Mad props to Juwan for starting to play well, but Yao is just a better screen setter?