1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 5/5/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 3, 2005.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i'm not going to argue with someone who thinks dirk doesn't get enough fouls called for him. gimme a f@#king break. as you said, everyone has calls missed for them, t-mac, dirk, everyone, but there's only one person in this series who gets it made up for him, and that's your boy. he flops and flails his way to the line more than his fair share. if anything is close, he'll get it. if the ref THINKS he may have been fouled he gets it. that is a fact. i will gladly sit down and review every single game of this series to be proven right. i don't ever want to hear little whiny b****es complain about dirk nowitski and fouls. unbelievable.

yeah i guess having the ball and the chance to tie is the same as losing the ball on a bullsh!t no call and having to make up five points. so you think finley was inbounds too?

go back to your mavs board.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I believe Stackhouse and Jon Barry were on the Pistons 3 years ago. COuld be some old locker room feud

3. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Sura: Bend over, I want to do you from behind !

Cuban faints.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I think you just argued with him :D

I'm not complaining though. Preach it.

5. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Refs protect Dirk like he has pictures of them with dead hookers.

Believe me. As a long time Kobe watcher, I know what preferential officiating looks like. ;)

6. 4cwebb

4cwebb Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of either team per se, but at least Dirk to this point has won a playoff series in his career.

And, he's racked up his stats against the Twolves, when a guy named KG *should* be guarding him, but usually doesn't b/c for one reason or another he's not very effective at shutting him down, at least not when Dirk and Nash were running high pick and rolls from the top of the key.

TMac's been huge this series, don't get me wrong, but it's all for naught if the Rox don't win game 7 on Saturday.

7. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

If T-Mac and Dirk traded teams, would this series still be tied 3-3?

What do you guys think?

8. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Dallas would have swept us.

9. entaro

entaro Member

Believe me.... You don't want to know... ;)

GO ROCKETS!!

10. entaro

entaro Member

Actually, I think you knew the answer... damn, i was conned...;)

11. thehkmint

thehkmint Contributing Member

just read an article written by yang yi in sina.com.cn... it's about Yao that he'd never played well in the games of elimination, including some playoff games in CBA and the one against Lakers last year.

but this year is different... because we have T-mac. hope Yao steps up again in game 7 and most importantly, the rockets win!

12. Man

Man Contributing Member

LOL!!!!!!
    Anyways I don't think Howard and Daniels are THAT ugly..but did yo usee the rest of their bench? They've got some pretty ugly creatures

13. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

There is no point in keeping Yao in the game if the Rockets aren't getting him the ball. His greatest strength and contribution is scoring. Period. Deke is a better defender, rebounder, hustler.

If we're not going to get Yao the ball, there's no need to play him long stretches of the game.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

WOW- We finally did everything that this armchair coach has been saying to do- T-Mac shoot more, defend their sick-good permiter shooters, and keep their composure down the stretch.

It felt so good to see the Mavs panicking at the end, with all of their forced, bricked shots.

We really played to our potential last night, even if Yao had a crappy game.

Now on to game 7...

J

15. qrui

qrui Member

it's much more clear than ever, if the officials do a fair job and let the game flow the rockets more likely win the game. otoh, if they have some secret agenda, then we all know what will happen. so this is my plea to the refs in the game 7: act like a ref and be fair, not the 6th man on a team's roster. i don't think that's too much to ask.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved it when Sura took down Howard.It almost looked like he threatened him with a little Brazilian Ju Jitsu...It definitely intimidated that punk.
    Teammates protecting each other..a team.

17. yobod

yobod Member

I just dont understand this constant complaining on how should have 30-40 points to have an impact on the game. For those that watched the beginning, Yao set the tone of the game with those 2 early blocks and showed an intensity that is rarely seen of him. When was the last time you saw Yao try to get up to go whoop someones a$$. He had his worst offensive game of the series, but he instilled a defensive presence which made the mavs think twice about going into the lane. There's a reason the mavs settled for jump shots, and it was because of yao and DM.

The people on this board make it sound like they would rather have yao score 30 in a loss (Game 5), rather than focus on the team winning and how the ENTIRE team played well. I'm just as frustrated on how Yao could have gotten more points, but that doesnt negate the overall joy that we won this freakin game! People have bad games, thats why they have teammates. Does Yao need to play better, Yes. But on the nights he doesn't, he knows he has a team that will pick up his slack for the nite.

18. dragonsnake

dragonsnake Contributing Member

Breaking News:

Job Barry has officially become the MOST HATED Person in DFW.:D :D

Some of my co-workers has completely gone nuts on Jon. What a joy!!!!

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

we should give Bobby a cool wrestling name..

howabout "The Blonde Grappler"

20. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Bob Sura, N.Y.P.D.

(Nock Yo Punk-ass Down)

Did anybody else have a bunch of obnoxious Mavericks fans near them? There were four guys two rows in front of me with their hair and faces painted. They were acting like douches before the game and everybody started giving them crap in the second half (well deserved). One of them started telling the guy in front of them to sit down. They could dish it out, but couldn't take it, I guess. They got a little respect from me, though, because they stayed until the final buzzer.