1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 5/5/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 3, 2005.

1. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

its just that this stats thingy seems to h ave jinxed us in the past. they dont mean jack anyways

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

I cannot believe all we gave up for MJ was Gaines and trash picks. :D :D :D :D

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

everytime someone gets near dirk, he flops and a foul gets called..

there was obvious contact on tmacs dunk on diaper and no foul..

4. judoka739

judoka739 Member

oh yeah.... tmac stood by a ref and looked pissed after that no-call

5. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

or maybe he just hates Howard's U-G-L-Y ass. Is it me or do the mavs have two of the ugliest players in the nba in Josh Howard and Marquis Daniels? :eek:

6. Valio!

Valio! Member

Great photo of Sura making an open field tackle. Even though it was still close at that point (and knew that he would get a T), I was cheering when sura did that. You know, there's only so much crap a person should have to take. Sura just felt it was time to take out the trash. Hopefully that will bring this team even closer together.

7. pchan

pchan Member

this series has made me lost all respect for Dirk.

I used to think he's tough.. but I guess he wants to win so badly that he just become a big flopper.

And I don't know how those TNt people keep saying Dirk hasn't had a good game so far. and how it sounds like if he just plays to his usual standard, mavs gonna win easy..

Dirk been sucking because he is so focus on flopping instead of playing ball... and because the rocket D has put the lock on him.

8. Valio!

Valio! Member

haha...I was thinking that tonight too. I keep thinking I'm seeing Marquis Daniels through a fish tank.

9. lhphpl

lhphpl Contributing Member

Dirk is a superstar in regular season but just an average star in playoff.

10. ced

ced Contributing Member

Man, God is good! I was praying that this team step up and play up to their potential and they did. What a game!!!! ;)

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i don't see the point in bashing yao tonight. he wasn't a liability out there, he played good defense, and i definitely saw some intensity even though most all of that was in the 1st quarter.

i mean when was the last time you saw yao get angry enough to almost go at someone? NEVER. that **** was awesome!!! i personally wouldn't wouldn't f@#k with yao.

more people should change their negative attitude about yao's performance tonight into positve posts about how GREAT deke was. yao has been delivering in the 4th quarter but tonight he didn't play cause he wasn't needed, simple as that. it doesn't make him less of a player, it just shows how lucky we are to have such a good backup.

as for saying the refs had ANY kind of factor in the rockets win tonight, that's a freakin joke. that pisses me off actually.

12. ocelot_ark

ocelot_ark Member

Facts please? Coming into this series Dirk was the 8th leading scorer in playoff HISTORY. H-I-S-T-O-R-Y. Now, he's playing like absolute butthole offensively this series. However, historiically he's been incredible.

13. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

what's with the yao bashing?

YAO 27 mins 8pts 5rb 2ast 2blks
    DEKE 18 mins 2pts 10rb 4blks

And now Deke is a god and Yao is a scrub with like +20pts +70% shooting percentage in the playoffs?

Granted, Deke done a great job and deserves mucho credits tonight; but starting him over yao? based on what? This one game performance? What have you guys been smoking in celebration for our win? I want some of these.

14. doyouever

doyouever Contributing Member

If you day that the NBA does not have a conspiracy on this series, I just would not believe you. NBA want the world see this series to go to game 7. We will only need the referee to be fair to win the game.

15. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

You forgot Dirk.

[img src="http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050503/i/r1109136057.jpg"]

16. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

17. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Odds? 50/50 - its anyones game.

As far as the historic records go, NFI?

18. ocelot_ark

ocelot_ark Member

Welcome to the life of a Mavs fan. I stopped posting over here after the Mavs won game 3. There's been nothing but complaining since that point. The mavs never won any games versus Houston. The refs just gave them away. Refs make mistakes. Get over it. I guarantee you there is a handful of mavericks fans out there who believe that Dirk was fouled on a couple of his drives when no call was made. However, go over to dallas-mavs and check out the response to the idiot who started blaming the loss on refs.

19. Valio!

Valio! Member

originally posted by BigM

Amen, brother.

Still, I dont mind seeing a deadly Mutumbo either. MAybe when the rockets win game 7, they'll let him roll around on the ground with the ball in his hands like he did in Denver

20. Smashingworth

Smashingworth Member

Well, you guys lost by 18 points, so yeah, you can't blame this on the refs. You would be an idiot to do that.
    When you lose by 2,3, or 4, and it comes down to the last possession and the refs COMPLETELY BLOW IT, well, you got beef. But not when you lose by nearly 20 points because you stone cold collapse in the 4th, fall in love with the 3-point line, and clang everything you throw up there. Not much the refs can do about that.