1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/28/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2015.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets are still in the 1st round though.

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Hope the Astros win today

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This series if we win it has 0 relevance on the next series. You guys must be new to playoff basketball. We've seen championship teams struggle with 7th-8th seeds before. Stop trying to get ahead of everyone and just take each game as they are because every playoff game is usually different from the last.

4. rocketsmetalspd

Barkley enjoys harping on the Rockets faults. Too many turn overs most he has seen in half of playoff basketball.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This is very reminiscent of Game 1. The Rockets got off to an early double digit lead, but foul trouble and coughing up the ball allowed the Mavs back into it in the 2nd quarter. The good news is the Rockets got things under control in the 2nd half of that game and pulled away. Hopefully they can do the same tonight.

What scares me is that we're shooting 53.5% to the Mavs' 37.5%. Dallas is bound to start making more shots and we're bound to start missing some. So we better take care of the damn ball and make some free throws or else this could get ugly in the 4th.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Anyone else feel like Brewer is forcing it too much on transition?

7. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

No surprise here, thos **** happen every time b****ass Mark Cuben cry about the refs.

Dwight gonna foul out this game, I guarantee it.

Game 6, here we come, and the NBA LOVES IT.

"TOO MANY SWEEPS IN THE FIRST ROUND, WE GOTTA EXTEND SOME SERIES!"

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Charles: Free flowing. No one is playing great defense. Any shot you want any time you want it.

Rockets are not a good defensive team. Both shoot a lot of 3s. It's whoever makes the most shots. These teams are both challenged defensively. Who can make the most 3s?

Kenny: You're getting free-flowing shots. You can't get caught up in taking terrible shots because they're available.

Shaq: [For once not talking about Dwight...rambling about Josh]

Charles: I don't know if I've ever seen a team with 15 turnovers at half time.

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

got eeemmmmmm

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I would like to believe the officiating evens out, but I have no reason to believe it will.

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Can someone tell me what Dallas points/possession is tonight?

12. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Howard smiles one minute, then cries the next, then frowns, and then gets mad lol.
    He's all over the place emotionally.

That's why I believe the smile is just a fake smile only done to give the impression that he is not rattled.

Truth is.....he is a fragile guy. Anybody bum can get in his head and take him out of the game.
    Ask Bogut.

13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

MAVS ONLY HAVE 6 FOULS ALL GAME (-4 intentional). This is UNBELIEVABLE.

Rockets have 17. Mavs have 17 FTs... Houston has 4 apart from the 8 intentional. They are calling NOTHING for us and everything for them. and it is INFURIATING.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

15 Turnovers

FIFTEEN

At the half is inexcusable....of course 3 of them are Dwight offensive fouls...of which 2 were bull****.

DD

15. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Tony Brothers completely took over that qtr... The calls not made and then given to Dirk are a joke... Fouls on Dwight.. End this guy.:mad:

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

looks like ariza sucks. trade his ass this offseason if he keeps this up

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not with Brothers, it will get worse. He will not let us pull away, we are just going to have to win a close game tonight.

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I miss the ball movement ability from Dmo. Fack man, I just want him to be playing in the playoffs and get a sense of what it's like.

19. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

I don't have a great feel about the second half. Dallas shot awful and we're only up 6. You know they aren't going to keep missing that much. Of corse we did turn the ball over like crazy, so if we cut that out it will help our chances.

20. rocketsmetalspd

Howard is being tricked into committing silly fouls. Mavs are getting away with it and Howard better be careful or he will be sitting the 3rd quarter early.