1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/28/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Pat

Pat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. On one hand winning two games on the road seems like an insurmountable lead. History yada yada yada.

On the other hand, IF the Mavs win game three. they are just one game four win from tying it up and having ALL the momentum. So one win puts them in position to be one game away.

But I agree. I think the Rox proved themselves better than the Mavs. Mavs played pretty well, ungodly on threes, Dirk finally breaks free in the fourth quarter, they have a fourth quarter lead in a must win game, and they lose.

I thought Dallas would win, and know that they are in trouble. Thaat is they would be saying, we played our very bset and barley won - what next? But now I think they did play their best, and it just wan't good enough.

BTW, not enough credit is going to our defense in my opinion.

2. meh

meh Member

Every single playoff game is of the same importance as another. Game 3 is not more important than game 2. Win either one, and lose the other, will get you the same 2-1 record going into game 4.

If anything, games earlier are more important because they give you room for error(like an unusually bad shooting night) later on.

3. TigerBait

TigerBait Member

Yea good point. People were saying the exact same thing about Game 2...

4. Stack24

Stack24 Member

I understand that point but the way the playoff games have been played out till now...for us and our playoff run with a 2-0 lead i think it's the most important game we have to play.

We weren't slated to win either game 1 or 2...now we did...teams that don't make it far usually end up slacking off...and i think for us to show that we have the hunger we have to prove the most in game 3.

5. rvpals

rvpals Member

I'm not worry about the Rockets. We won't lose to the Dallas by some miracle performance by Dallas.

The only thing I worry about is by some phantom calls against the Rockets like the previous two games, especially in a closely contested game.

The more I think about the last two games, the more I am sick and worry about the refs. We won by two points in game 2, we could have easily been screwed by the refs and ended up losing in game 2. The number of times Dallas get to the line is sickening. Dirk was the biggest flopper of all time.

6. Stack24

Stack24 Member

The worst phanton foul would have to be on Yao when he was on the floor first to the ball and Jason Terry dives for it after Yao and they both are going for it and they call a foul on Yao....just give me a break.

We know that Dallas is going to get calls regardless and they have been for both games. We game out victorious and we have to just keep going at it as we have and not let them get into our heads.

The one thing that is different from last year is if we had steve and cuttino getting the calls on them they would be whining all night and causing the refs to hate on us more. We have done a decent job of keeping our mouths shut.

7. McMingDynasty

McMingDynasty Member

I'm sure most of you saw game 2 or atleast watched it on R2K's highlight video. When Bowen got called for a shooting foul on Dirk's baseline jumper that hit the side of the board, I wanted to murder that ref who was standing right next to Bowen.

Anywho, I hope the rockets are prepared and ready to battle in game 3. It's probably gonna be a tougher game than 1 or 2. I just hope all our players play well and I hope Wesley gets out of his game 2 slump.

Go Rockets! Save a horse, Ride a Mav!

8. Stack24

Stack24 Member

That has to be the best Quote that is going to come out of this Series.

9. kwc

kwc Member

Someone should make a sign of it and take it to the game!

10. Stack24

Stack24 Member

Should make a sign and have a picture of him, Malone and Stockton all together....

Or we could get the pictures of him and his buddy Nash all drunk blown up to poster size lol...anyone work at Kinkos wanna hook it up lol

11. rocketsmetalspd

Rockets 115

Mavs 95

12. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH HEL YEAHHHHHHH

13. Miguel

Miguel Member

[​IMG]
    Let the preparations commence.

14. across110thstreet

15. tiger0330

tiger0330 Member

I agree its the most important game of the year, not for us but for the Mavs. If they don't get this game Thursday, you can stick a fork in them. As important as this game is to them, I don't think they are going to get it done at the TC, I just heard Dirk and he just didn't seem to take it seriously enough saying that its a game and games should be fun. Listening to Dirk, I was wondering if he might not be the reason that the Mavs have never met expectations in the playoffs.

16. wizardball

wizardball Member

the Rockets have the beast by the throat...i think a game 3 win will be the kill.... i don't think the Mavs have a chance of coming back after that…. Its going to be a great game… my final exams are finally over….and I get to watch my first game…from all the threads it seems like I missed a hell of a lot….time to make up for it….:D

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

i dont think this team will come out flat tomorrow. from all that i have seen with t-mac and his interviews he wants to win this series badly. he has been even closer to finishing off a series (up 3-1) and didnt because of overconfidence. mikes james was on a detriot team last year that was up 2-0 on the nets and went on the to lose the next 3 games before winning the series in 7. and of course i am sure JVG has mentioned the 95 wcf and the 94 semis where teams have come back to win 2 games on the road.

so i think houston will come out strong, the only problem is will they come out as strong as the mavs? i hope not. they have to come out stronger to win this game.

18. ClutchCityReturns

Whoever said that each game is of equal importance is wrong, for the most part anyway.

Going down 3-0 is incredibly demoralizing, and could pretty much break Dallas' back. Not to mention the confidence it would give the Rockets, knowing they could close out the series on their home floor and rest up for the second round.

Numerically speaking, yes they are equal and each counts for one win. Psychologically, the situation that Dallas is facing makes this the most important game of their season, and the Rockets' as well.

It's all psychological.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

I see two scenarios. We win in both.

The crowd carries us. We win big.

or

A tale of two halves. The Mavs come out smoking hot in the first half, and in typical Rox fashion, we battle back for the win in the second half.

Although I think the crowd will be better than any before at TC, I am leaning towards the second prediction.

Regardless, we win either way.

J

20. gowithwind22

gowithwind22 Member

I read this from MAV fans age, it is amazing.
    "aww...the foxsheets has a star on the rockets 100-94!? I sure hope it isnt right again. last game the projected score was tied and it had a star on the rockets which usually means that team ends up winning if it is a favorite or slight underdog. I didnt wanna believe it last time because I was sure the mavs would win, but sure enough the game was almost tied after regulation and the rockets won. of course, I have seen star edges be wrong. they are based on 250 simulated games, and if one team covers about 150+ times it gets the edge and a star. "