1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/28/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2005.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Member

The worst officiated game I have seen all season long. The refs blew call after call.

The NBA really needs to watch this game again and see what went wrong. The calls were going to the Mavs the entire night, phantom calls and Yao kept him out the entire 1st half.

Can anyone help explain this to me, I was at the upper bowl and couldn't see that well:

How in the hell did we go from a Yao Ming And-1 shot to nothing? I have zero idea how Yao had a quick catch and shoot and ended getting foul before the shot. Unbelievable.

2. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Member

Frankly, I haven't seen a HOME game officiated like this for a team in a long long time. There was no advantage. No no-calls. No borderline calls given to us (maybe the Barry charge, gee thanks). The refs set the tone from the beginning. Give Yao bogus fouls, let Finley maul Tmac. That was the tone. Then, when Mike James comes out in the fourth quarter, he gets whistled for being too agressive on D. Face it, they want this series to go longer. You think they'd call a foul on Spur player if Dirk leaned sideways into a player's chest? Hell no. They wouldn't let us block Dirk's (or KVH's) shot or strip the ball from him. I remember a time when if a player went down the lane, he could expect the ball to get hacked out of his arms with no call. Not anymore.

There used to be a time when they just gave the home team questionable continuations. You can't touch Dirk, and then Devin Harris gets more respect out there than Tmac. Yes, we definately choked at the end. But if we had some semblance of a home-court advantage, we'd have been up by more than 20.

In those first two games of the series, I thought all those weak-ass flops and bailouts were just home-court calls. Apparently they just get those everywhere they go.

3. sidshaw

sidshaw Member

Many have voiced support for your position but this has been going on all year. If it hasn't been addressed by now, it won't be. Win or lose, this is the Rockets style of play.

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Rockets2K, are you going to torrent this game? I was hoping I'd be able to get all the playoff games on my computer. Thanks

5. jscmedia

jscmedia Member

Stop looking for Roks to blame, consider Mavs gunned us to death and we didn't respond as a TEAM> we have to solve the press and t mac wll not be off today, presto, a win.

6. BucMan55

BucMan55 Member

This happens to Yao all the time. :(

7. smp

smp Member

Bump

This game was admittedly rigged by the refs. Look at the comments. People wondering WTF was going on. Others saying you can't blame the refs. Etc.

I had season tickets in 2005 and I gave them up after this series. It seemed fishy and rigged. Years later a whistleblower ref confirmed it. We weren't just cry baby conspiracy theorists after all.

Tonight was also rigged. I feel certain. No way harden doesn't shoot a free throw in the 2nd half.

8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This was the most rigged game I have ever seen and I saw the players reacting that they knew it throughout. I saw the reactions right before Gordon missed the FTs. I guarantee you his mind wasn't at the foul line. I'm shocked he made 1.

RyanB likes this.