1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/28/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2005.

1. qrui

qrui Member

totally agree. i noticed this too. sura took too many ill-advised shots. a few times, sure drove in the paint, dallas players collapsed on him, instead gave the ball up to a big, open target, yao, like what tmac does so many times, he just throw up and hope the ball would go in. maybe sura just not a good passer.

oh well, i'm sure they'll study the tape and find ways to improve. i'm not worried. in fact, i'd say the rockets won't lose a game again in this series.

2. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What the heck is wrong here?

I wasn't concerned when the Rockets started their season 6-10 or something like that. That didn't have a negative domino effect that caused them to lose their next 66 games.

Why didn't going down 2-0 cause the mavs to have a negative domino effect that caused them to crumble in game three.

It doesn't work like that. That is especially true with this Rockets team. The poise they played with in game two when down by 7 in the 4th, shows they are capable of handling themselves well during adverse periods.

All the fans have to do is believe.

3. cheshire

cheshire Member

Despite the disrespect from the refs, the Rockets will regroup and take the series in 5.

T-mac is due for a pair of 50+ explosions.

Deke will have a double double that will swing Game 5 to Houston's favour.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Ok, I went to be right away after the game, and slept like a baby.

While NO loss is good, this was a good 'character' building loss for our team. Weather our guys admit it or not, we might have been a little bit over-confident after two straight wins on the Mav's home court. We just didn't have the fire that we would have if we had a tiny bit of pressure, and it showed in the first half and the last quarter. And the funny thing is that it was entirely winnable even without that fire.

This is one of those losses that is definately a positive in every way a loss can be.

I believe- we win Saturday and we win the series.

J

5. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

First the complaints here...

Crowd...until you go out to Toyata Center and start making the noise, it's really stupid to complain of the noise level when you are sitting at home watchign it on TV. For the games I go to, I'm yelling loud, even in my own home. If I could be at the playoff games this year I would, but other factors prevented that this year.

Yao and touches...Dampier man-handled Yao so that Yao could not seal him off. Now the refs also let Dampier get away with a LOT of fouls down there. If Yao didn't pick up silly fouls he could be more aggressive in establishing his position. We have said it all year long, the key to Yao's success is staying out of foul trouble.

All in all, as it's been said, we had this game won, but didn't close the game out. The crowd showed up before the tipoff, and they were energetic when the team played well. It's tough to get hyped when you see the lead slipping away along with the game.

It's a loss, we can't expect sweep, but we can expect as fans for them to come back and play game 4 well. We are STILL UP 2-1. As Mike James said in the postgame interview, the loss changes nothing. They still go into each game and play from tip to buzzer.

Talking to the media, i don't mind it. They never played themselves up, talked about being humble but confident. What else are they to do on a 3 day break, hahaha. To me, nothing has changed, this wasn't going to be an easy series. The first three games have been battles. I have no reason to doubt the rest of the series will be the same.

6. liamrock

liamrock Member

Anybody see what Woody Paige had to say about the Rox?

"The Rockets have got to be one of the most over-rated teams I can remember....the Mavericks will win out and prove it...."

From First and 10.

7. Davidoff

Davidoff Member

SO MAD:mad: :mad: CANNOT POST CORRECTLY!!!!!!!(*&^%(&*%*&$^&%$*&^$%*&^%LKJNC*&DF%&^RFVBB*)!!!

8. MLittle577

MLittle577 Member

Woody Paige is a hack. He wants to be proven right so bad that he'd give his left nut to do it. The ROckets will play better Saturday and pull out a win. Or if not.....

It looks like the first home team to break through will win the series. What irony?:confused:

9. JumpMan

JumpMan Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Rockets had that game! That fourth quarter was stupid. 20-0 run! Not enough passing, not enough defense, not enough effort, too much losing basketball. The pressure now falls on the Rockets to win game 4. Don't see the Mavericks winning 4 out of 5 anyway, but the series will get a lot tougher if they don't win this next one.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Freaking Streak. I don't like our new streak. :mad:

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It was 1 game, they have won 1 game.

The Rockets win the next one and Dallas will choke.

Heck, if it weren't for the referees the Rockets would have blown them out all 3...

DD

12. MadMax

MadMax Member

i like your faith, DD. very measured of you!!! i'm impressed!

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I was mad last night Max, but in reality I think the referees let Dallas stay in the game.

Can you get a more contrasting view of officiating from the difference between how Yao is handled versus Dirk?

Dirk is one flopping machine, and the refs constantly fall for it.

And Yao stands straight up and gets fouls called on him.

Ridiculous.

I just wish JVG would whine in the press about it, so that we get a better shake in game 4, but that is not his style.

DD

14. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

Man 3-0 staring us in the face until that F&*ing run i think 2 shots that really killed us were a mcgrady three that rimmed out with about 3 minutes left in the game and then the last rimmed out shot tmac shot. man oh man what could have been right. Oh and the crowd was not loud on tv last night usually u can hear the sac town crowds and dal. crowds but way 2 go houston we sure know how to cheer a team.

15. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

Oh and to validate my statement earlier about complaining about fans oh i went to game 2 and the dal crowd was so loud way louder than game 3 in houston last year so you get up off your a%^ and go to the games and yes our crowd and fans are bandwagoners that suck. these fans on this forum are about as true as you get.

16. MadMax

MadMax Member

i don't disagree. the fact that dallas played that well defensively...went on a 20-0 run..and the game ended up that close, is encouraging to me. McGrady knocks down one or two threes down the stretch, and we win that game, despite a seemingly uninspired effort.

p.s. i freaking love this team. :)

17. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

I go to games, and I would have bought tickets to playoffs this year like I did last year, but I have a vegas trip I'm saving for. I have NO problems getting loud.

So dallas fans are louder than houston fans, NO big suprise there. You won't change it, but complain all you want. We do have bandwagoners, I won't deny that. But hey, a fan is a fan. Fill up the arena with your play (the players) and give them a reason to cheer, fairweather fan or not...simple as that.

The players lost the game, bottom line. I wish our fans were louder, but that's stupid to complain about. Make more valid complaints like, the damn team missed open shots last night in that 20-0 run...t-mac missed 2 crucial free throws...etc etc...

18. MadMax

MadMax Member

yeah...Dallas' crowds were soooooo awesome that they lost both games.

crowds don't play nearly the impact that you think they do. for the rockets, a loud crowd on the road creates an "us against the world" mentality that galvanizes them.

19. MadMax

MadMax Member

i will say this, though. Toyota Center doesn't lend itself to loud crowds the way the Summit did. you were right up on the action at the Summit...and the suites were at the very top of the stadium. that place freaking rocked.

20. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

I can absolutely agree with that! Not ot mention the food was better hahahah!