1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/28/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2005.

1. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

I mean, they more than exceeded EVERYBODY'S expectations by taking BOTH games in Dallas.

We had tonight's game, until midway into the 4th.

It's not like we got blown out or anything.

Yes, it would have been nice to go up 3-0, but woulda, coulda, shouldas.

The fact of the matter is, we're still in the driver's seat, being up 2-1.

Just gotta rebound and win Game 4.

2. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Well because we struggle at home, JVG should have told them to play even harder and focused than on the road.

I really do wish the ROCKETS had to play all 7 games in DALLAS.

3. AMS

AMS Member

let deke play his heart out, after yao fouls out, or let them score a few 10 layups coz yao is too scared to get that 4th foul?

4. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Which seems much more difficult now than winning GAMES 1 and 2 of the series.

5. sidshaw

sidshaw Member

Someone here posted that Yao needs more touches. Agreed. But this has been true all year. How often does Yao set picks in a game? Practically every time down the floor. How often does the ball end up in Yao's hands after a pick and roll? Not very often. Nothing new here as this has been pointed out many times on this board. People should realize by now that Yao's role it seems is to set picks and help others find their shot. And Yao has to find his shots given this role. That is why Yao's numbers are erratic - the luck of the draw - some nights are better than others. This is who the Rockets are in this championship run and you are what you are, right?

6. dabien1

dabien1 Member

I mean what's the point of EXCEEDING ALL EXPECTATIONS if you're gonna lose at home and lose the momentum?

7. AMS

AMS Member

I blame it on Van Chancellor. Let the Bull do Commentary and then see who wins :D

8. real_egal

real_egal Member

How many easy dunks for Damp in game 2? How many easy dunks for the Mavs in this game? I don't understand why would we double Dirk at the premieter. He's shooting fade aways anyways, what's the double team for? The other guys didn't box out, once Dirk misses, we couldn't even get the rebound. Look at the Suns game, Yao parked in the paint and wait. But this game, Yao ran to every shooter, and rushed back - didn't defend the premeter and lost rebound on the other end.

9. dabien1

dabien1 Member

So basically JVG and everyone else has no faith in YAO's post up game? I find that hard to believe being YAO's post up game is his bread and butter. DOesn't make any sense that we don't POST UP YAO.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yao had 11 shots, while Sura took 19 and Wes also had 11. That's the story. Yao gotta grow some balls to be that Man Chucky's talking about. Fug the team ball, Yao's head was screwed when he played in CBA. Yao gotta know, he IS the team ball.

11. dabien1

dabien1 Member

You think JVG will recognize this and have his team ready to WIN on sat?

12. judoka739

judoka739 Member

This team will only go as far into the playoffs as Yao takes them. Tracy is going to get his, but if Yao doesn't get enough touches/shots, then we aren't going to get passed Phoenix for sure if close out Dallas (which we will). Most of the time whenever Yao touches the ball, good things happen. He's also not the type to force a bad shot. I just dont understand why he's not getting the ball as much as he should. Sura should not be shooting it almost 10 times more then Yao. Last game Tmac really looked for Yao but he kinda went away from that this game, as did the other players. We need to get his ass the ball.

13. dabien1

dabien1 Member

Anyone have any insight as to what JVG can possibly do as far as Defensive Adjustments go for game 4?

14. redcapital

redcapital Member

hey guys, the better team won. Just hope our guys suck it up and show up in game 4.

In the playoffs, there is no such thing as an off night. This is a duel, either you are ready to kill or be killed.

15. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, no.

Nobody fathomed the Rockets winning BOTH games on the road in Dallas.

Yes, it's a letdown that they lost tonight, but hey, the Rockets win Game 4, and we're up 3-1.

All is not lost with tonight's loss.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Enjoy it while you can. You know this is your best 2 days in the series.

17. dabien1

dabien1 Member

I just felt that JVG would have his team so prepared that the DEFENSE would NEVER lose a game.

18. Molotov Cocktail

In a way, I'm almost happy we lost this game because it *should* serve as a wake-up call for the team and let them know that nothing in the playoffs comes easy. I have a feeling Van Gundy is going to tear them a collective new one for this, and I hope it motivates them for Saturday.

19. dabien1

dabien1 Member

So what kind of defensive adjustments can JVG possibly implement to shut down Dallas?

20. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

i have been to a lot of Rockets games this season and the funny part is that it is always loud where i sit. Whenever i sit at the upper level, i always say wow tonight crowd was off the hook, but when i come to CF.net and hear people say that the crowd was boring i get confuse. Why is that? The fans at upper level feel it was loud as hell and fans watching from TV think it was the worst crowd. I have been to other arenas too and they have fat, old people in the lower level, but there crowd seems to be off the hook. I think it is the TC structure that does not allow, all the cheering from the upper level to reach all the way down to the court. So my conclusion is that if you want to see TC rockin we, die hard rockets fans, will need to buy the lower level seats and open up our wallet to save our city from embarrasment.:(