1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/21/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2015.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Wow they want to go one on one? Either that or some crazy zone

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Red &amp; Silver t-shirts for everyone tomorrow courtesy of <a href="https://twitter.com/reliantenergy">@reliantenergy</a>. <a href="http://t.co/VenCpEXomK">pic.twitter.com/VenCpEXomK</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/590271020168155136">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Harden in his past 5 games has shot 38% from the field and 24% from beyond the arc, He needs to put up a good shooting performance next game and snap out of this slump, hopefully he does because it makes us much more deadly.

4. AB423

AB423 Member

Woohoo sweet!
    Hope Parsons plays tomorrow so I can boo the **** outta him!

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Have you seen Aminu on offense? Apart from the occasional offensive rebound, he is a complete dud on that side of the ball. And if Dwight, and to a lesser extend Capela, are out there Aminu's offensive rebounding is nulled.

Aminu is pretty good on defense but he won't stop Harden. He will probably be matched up on our power fowards, and I'll take Jones and Smith on Aminu all day.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

You can bet that Carlisle still sticks with this gameplan. I think he'd much rather have James dish the ball than score for himself. He's banking on the inconsistency of the other guys to start missing shots, rather than letting James have the surefire way of scoring.

I don't mean to bring the pessimism back (GROAN), but Game 2 concerns me. IMO, all it takes is for the Mavs to start taking shots. Depending on whether Parsons is ready and if Rondo hits shots, they could go back to playing like the best offense in the league. I think they got punched in the mouth (for you Stein), and are ready to respond. They want to steal one badly here.

I trust the vets to not let a win like this get to their heads, but at the same time, we've always given up big leads. We desperately need James to hit shots. Hopefully, Mchale has tweaked some of his gameplan to surprise Dallas. But who am I kidding? We'll see.

If we got out to a 2-0 start though, that would be very impressive against a top tier offense.

#166 vstexas09, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Game 1 was such a wonderful, wonderful way to get the monkey off our back.

I hope now no one lets up, because Game 2 is even more important. We've stepped on their throats, but we can't let up. That weakness, losing HCA even for a moment, is too much for Dallas to enjoy towards their confidence. If we win Game 2, the only way Mavs could win would be in 7 (because they're not beating us 4 times in a row G3-6).

Yes, as Clutch City we know what it takes to come down from 0-2, on both sides of the coin. This Mavs team doesn't have that I don't think, making it all the more important to shut it down.

I'm so excited. I hope Harden and Smith have better games overall, I think our other guys, which perhaps not quite as effective in G2, will still serve a productive purpose while those 2 flourish more. Smith will (hopefully) be smarter, and James should have more confidence after the win.

I'm not going to get to watch it, I'll be at work and it'll drive me mad lol.

GO ROCKETS!!!!

8. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

This is what I see: Dirk is sideways and in no position to take a charge. Dirk reaches, Harden teaches, Dirk flops. If that is an offensive foul, you reward flopping. Plain and simple.

9. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

You think it's the same print as the ones from game 1?

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Well, you'd pretty much declared Dallas the superior team before the matchup was even determined -- so maybe your pessimism is a good luck charm. Carry on w/ it.

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

or he could go to hack whoever for a half like he did last time. That definitely kept the ball out of James' hand. ha ha.

Dallas is not a top tier defense. They are ranked 25th in points allowed for the 2015 regular season. Did you mean top tiered offense where they are ranked #3 in points scored?

#171 benchmoochie, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  12. vstexas09

:grin:;):grin:;)

13. vstexas09

Apologies. I meant top-tier offense.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Listening to Ben and Skin show. Skin saying he would be shocked if Devin Harris played and surprised if Parsons plays (just from him reading body language).

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Carlisle on Parsons/Harris: &quot;They are listed as questionable and we'll have them listed as questionable and see where they are tomorrow.&quot;</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/590290550810488832">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;They're great at going for steals and gambling, so we have to take care of the ball.&quot; -- <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mavs?src=hash">#Mavs</a> guard J. J. Barea on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/590289070661636097">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mavs?src=hash">#Mavs</a> center Tyson Chandler on Game 1: &quot;I thought we made some things difficult for them, but they did get some open 3-pointers.''</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/590289550414454784">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;We need him to play his game, keep working it, keep pacing our game, guard the heck out of people and make plays.&quot; -- RCarlisle on RRondo</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/590289925125251072">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;We got some good possessions with it, then we got hit a couple of times in the second half with some threes.&quot; -- Carlisle on zone defense</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/590290908999852032">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rockets will have to ramp it up to another level to win this critical game. A win will protect our home court and put us in the driver's seat. A loss would be horrific because we lose home court and the series would be tied going to Dallas. That is unacceptable. Fire up those engines and increase the focus and intensity. Double the margin of victory and we will all be happy.

17. vstexas09

I think this could be my favorite game of the year if we won. It would mean we are executing and responding well to whatever the Mavs throw at us.

This whole season, we've been terribly disappointed because just when we think our team is on a roll, we give one up.

What I'm looking for is that we have the same urgency/mentality entering Game 1.

1 person likes this.
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Parsons will be at the House on Washington tonight. Just saying

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am so tired of people saying adjustment this and that, as if RC would pull a rabbit out of his sleeve. It's the same players. We did not play a perfect game either. Howard was in foul trouble and Harden was sub-par at best. Man, I feel we have two to three more gears from game 1.

Do people think milky hair is that dumb. That's what all these adjustment talk sound to me.