1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/21/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2015.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah this just easily beat the Harden super saiyan gif

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wild how the Rocks "woke up" and just ran over Dallas at the end. What a game! The second half synergy between Dwight and Davis was insane. I'm pumped. We can sweep Dallas. I've been predicting 5 games, but if we win Friday, I think they're ripe for a sweep. Huge game Friday! Our depth is growing before our eyes as the chemistry improves. Crazy!

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Haven't watched, but I'm guessing Harden isn't on the highlight reel since he played awful. :rolleyes:

4. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

he's dumb that he took a ridiculously overvalued contract and got paid? how will he 'never' win a ring. He's only signed with Dallas for 1 more year + player option (his choice) and he'll still just be 27/28... don't follow your logic at all

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Well...I'm not a Rocket scientist (play on words there)...BUT, you gotta be IN it to WIN it. There's no 2nd step if this 1st step doesn't happen...know what I mean ?

Secondly, this guy hasn't been on a minutes limitation, missed games, etc. He WILL be a difference maker...mark it down. We have about rode our main horse into the ground. Funny, we give him no margin for error while everyone else gets a pass...unreal really. I hope the time doesn't come when 24 points is not considered"contributing". It speaks volumes that we are even having this conversation because he ONLY had 24 pts. BTW, what was Ariza's, Terry's, TJ's shooting % ? If Dwight doesn't drop 24-28 and coral 15 RB's is he a failure ? Ditto the rest. It's a TEAM effort and that's what it'll take to win. JMO.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jRQTiXoiynk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This team is really coming together at the right time. I think our bench has really stepped up, and H&H can definitely get us far this year. I think what's telling is that Harden didn't have to carry us in the 4th, normally when Harden sits at the beginning of the 4th the team falls apart, however tonight Houston got a lead with him sitting (and getting some well deserved rest). Great team win, Go Rockets!

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

So great to get a win here.

The first 2 1/2 quarters was simply terrible, we were just awful, missing easy shots, ball movement was stagnant, and just making dumb plays in general. Despite all of that, we had a slim lead which was amazing. Then Josh finally started playing some great basketball with Dwight Howard just flying all over the place, it was awesome.

Harden's got to get his jumper going though, he needs to hit some more perimeter shots if we want to win a game in Dallas.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rondo's time in Dallas has imploded

12. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

I don't understand the Harden hate. Dude is the focal point of Dallas' defensive scheme and drops 24, all while playing good defense. Bandwagon fans need to shut the **** up.

I had to take a break from having sex to post this.

13. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Amazing game and while the referees were fair in the 2nd half, except for the flagrant, that flop by Barea and 3 seconds on Dirk when he went up twice and might have travelled as well, they tried everything to give the game to Dallas in the 1st half. Those calls on Dwight - moving screen in particular, could've called that all game on Chandler - Josh and no calls on their pushes and shoves, ow man.

We also took every punch by Dallas, retaliated and then some!!! Terry was again in play-off mode, he was ready for the battle with little midget Barrea. Brewer came in red hot with some crazy lay-ups and boy does he love those threes when he has to catch them low :D That 1st one was in and out, but glad that 2nd one went in, that was huge! Then Josh, oh my, he was pissed because of those bs calls in the 1st half. Thank you referees, do it more often haha :D

What can we say about Harden and Dwight other then they played great. Very focused and James came in hot and while he did lose some focus with some TOs, forced drives, but overall he was fine. He got to the line a ton and could've been there more!! Dwight had 28 and 12, isn't that the nonsense Shaq always says he needs to have? Finally some crazy pick and rolls and a lot of dunks by Howard, he was perfect!

Gotta give McHale a lot of credit, for one thing in particular: sticking with both Capela and Prigioni. The latter was great at leading the show, controlling the pace and had some nice shots. Capela looked very solid again, his FT form is great actually with the rainbow shot. Ariza is the final player who just played solid, he did not hoist up threes, but attacked the basket which I loved to see. Defense was also good as always.

I gotta admit, I was a bit scared when the referees tried to take over the game at the beginning. If they had kept calling it like that, the game would've been a lot closer or we might even had lost. We had to overcome that **** in the 1st. We are tough boy, love this team, we are scary good when we get this Dwight Howard, Terry in play-off mode and our bench. Harden hasn't even played his best yet so that is even scarier.

Great to see Rondo be the loser he is.

14. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Capela will low key be our secret weapon this playoffs. DMo getting injured may have been the best thing to happen to us this year.

15. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

4th quarter on Root right now.

watching it again!

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

i was really proud of Josh. First half he got rattled by the fouls and non calls. He could have easily taken himself out mentally. Second half he went to work and dissected the defense. That one dunk he had was sick in the 4thQ

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Capela has been great. But DMO is a big reason why we are #2 in the West.

18. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Record it and share it!!! Though this TNT crew was great, love that guy along with Steve who has high IQ and gives credit to both teams, no hidden agenda.

19. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

People we calling Smoove garbage or worse in the 1st half. Yeah he played a terrible half, but you have to remember that he is inconsistent and you have to live with his bad moments because when he is on he is dynamic. That 2nd half might've been the best baskeball he's played this season. When he makes "the dumbest pass you've ever seen" in the next game just remember that it will even out when we get "good Josh."

20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Yeah Brian Anderson is an awesome announcer. He also does playoff baseball. I believe he is the Brewers PBP guy. One of my favorites. Breen isn't bad either. The one guy I really dislike listening to is Tirico. Can't stand that guy's voice for whatever reason. I also can't take Reggie Miller as an analyst. Steve Smith and CWebb are excellent analysts.