1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/21/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2015.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He got us to the playoffs. Now defenses are keyed to stop him at all costs.

I'll give him a break as the rest of the team steps up in the space that Mavs shadowing Harden creates.

The HOU offense is geared to take what the defense gives. finally we have the vets who know how to read and react.

2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Let me tell you what this guy has done...he has CARRIED this team while others missed games galore...40+ on a couple of players. He has played when other liver bellies have sat. I've seen him take shots and keep on keeping on. It is a total lack of appreciation for a guy the put the team on his back and carried them into the playoffs. I believe we wore him out by necessity.If you don't see that I can't help you.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Fxxk, now they are going to point fingers at Rondo.
    WE ******G BEAT THEM. Rondo or not, we beat them.

Their biggest liability ... is Dirk. RCE is overrated, fxxking tool

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Dirk makes Thabeet look like Bill Russell

6. hoopball

hoopball Member

Harden had a pretty good 1st half, then it all went crashing down in the 2nd.... I'm happy we blew out the mavs even without Harden's help, but he really needs to pick up his game sooner than later, or Houston is not going further than the 2nd round...

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Does anyone else notice that when Josh and Cory have great games, TJ and Ariza have sub par games? Am I seeing a trend? Imagine if they all four had great games. Wow, Josh was just fabulous and Howard is a beast. If Harden gets his shot fixed, the Rockets could sweep the Mavs.

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Ethan Strauss
    Josh Smith's passing like prime Bill Walton and Dirk's moving like Bill Walton right now

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

TJ/Ariza was off... Terry didn't get as much open 3's. Josh and Dwight killed it. Harden still have sub-par games. 24 pts is great. But I know he can drop that 35+ game with 60% shooting on the field.

10. trigun333

trigun333 Member

Every Rockets fan after all the dunks in the 4th quarter.

[​IMG]

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I just can't believe the hating on Harden. Carlisle's entire game plan is to take him out of the game and make others beat him. Harden had 24/6/5 on 17 shots (2 of which were garbage time chucks) and got to the line 13 times. He also set up countless wide open shots that were bricked. He had 11 assists in game 1, a playoff career high.

Stop focusing on his shooting percentage and look at his true shooting percentage. Look at how he distributes the ball. He scored 24 in a "bad" game. I'll take it.

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Dallas-Rondo did what everyone expected Detroit-Smith do for Houston. i.e. be a cancer

Rockets-Smith did what everyone expected Celtic-Rondo to do for Dallas. i.e. be a major contributor on a championship-caliber team

Logic :)

13. rocketsmetalspd

True. Harden needs to get going from the field 5 for 17 was not good tonight. I hope he gets his shot going again.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I couldn't stop laughing when he kept it for the dunk. The look on Chandler's face.

1 person likes this.
  15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cuban - "failed again :( "

16. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Any chance JVG on Friday night? ESPN?

17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I really believe this.....Harden will catch fire and win us a game when a Howard, Ariza,Smith falter. In order to go deep or win it all we need to have a team ALL playing with one heart beat.

On another note...I'll take a bad shooting night, a below average defending night. Give me anything but don't give me a quitter...and that is what Barkley is saying about Rondo. The only thing a player can control is EFFORT.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Cuban's biggest flaw is trying to one-up Morey.

That was a terrible, terrible move on his behalf giving up solid contributing role players.

But he needed to prove himself capable of getting 'star power' and get something done that Morey couldn't.

The jackass has shot himself in the foot TWICE now trying to be smarter than Daryl.

Agreed.

This team rode Harden too much during the regular season.

I'm so, SO glad he's had teammates step up the past two games which didn't happen the first two years.

The fact is we can withstand subpar games from James and still walk out with a W... I shudder to think what it means for the rest of the league when James puts it together.

I haven't. But I'll be happy with two role players putting it together any given night to help out James and Dwight.

I remember the days of old when only 2 players would actually get on the scoresheet apart from our superstars.

How sweet it is.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah okay, what's he good for if just carries us to the playoffs and does nothing while in the playoffs

it might be fatigue, but that's not what the conversation is about.

when his shots isn't falling he stagnates our offense. You can tell by his body language that he stops trying and just jacks up bad shots after bad shots.

there was a stretch today where he kept shooting that step back jumper while taking the whole team out of rhythm on offense.

we can't affort 4-5 bricks just so James Harden can heat check

he did this last year too against portland, and the previous year against OKC

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Final box score: <a href="http://t.co/3S82TQ1kF5">pic.twitter.com/3S82TQ1kF5</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/590734678975479810">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>