1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 3/24/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Spooner

Spooner Member

Marcus Camby and Derek Fisher(apparently you don't even have to show up to the team you were traded to if you don't feel like it.) No one cares about the Houston Rockets anyway.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

YOU KNOW STERN DOESN'T!!!!!!

3. haydenfisher342

I agree with you. Ive watch alot of NBA over 20 years of it. 2002-2012 is the worst reffing I have ever witnessed and im getting more and more of an aptitude to tell the difference. Dallas Rockets game was definitely fixed. I counted 4 phantom calls. And you can say, houston messed up, but so did dallas, they had mistakes too. Refs > players

4. rocketsmetalspd

Agreed but I am thinking more of players that have been let go by other teams.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Teams can add players but they will not be elligable for the play-off roster.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

tough loss...but i'm optimistic..

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Without a doubt, if he played like Lee did in the 4th everybody would have started a thread about how much he sucks.

8. ThaShark316_28

Who are we? The Browns? No glory at ALL?

OK, but give me something new. same **** gets said over and over. It's sad...but I gotta consider the source (fan base).

9. Mr. Space City

martin would have given up more points than le and been a ghost in the 4th and OT.

10. cod

cod Member

Harden, Mayo, Terry... All season the Rockets have gotten killed by 2-guards putting up high arcing shots. The Rockets need to find a defensive stopper for spot mins against these guys or at least to have another option besides CLee.

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Martin wouldn't have missed all of the wide open shots.

12. Mr. Space City

martin would not even want the ball in those situations.

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

Martin would not have played in the 4th quarter...

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Yes he would. Martin always shrinks in the clutch. Lee sucked today but he's been making them in close games lately.

15. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

And he did make up for it by making a 3 and causing Dirk to miss the game winner, but no, referees..

16. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I wish Odom played overtime

17. hairyme

hairyme Member

This, is bad reasoning.

Sure, players need to tell themselves this so they strive to become better, but we as fans and spectators don't need to try to trick ourselves into accountability. You more or less just said that we need to be a better team and not get in close games. Further, we should be so good so as not to let mistakes from the refs actually matter...

Maybe if we're the Heat and we lose to the Bobcats, then your reasoning is a little more valid -- the Heat would have to severely underperform to be in that position. Even so, every team has good and bad nights -- that's just how it works -- so ref calls are absolutely crucial in crunch time.

And it's not like we're the Heat. Our top two scorers are out and we were up against the defending champs. If you expected us to dominate the Mavs to the point of rendering refs' mistakes irrelevant, then you're in a fantasy world.

18. Eney

Eney Member

The entire 4qt and OT they had Marion guarding Dragic and Kid guarding Parsons, we didnt even try to post up Parsons once evethough he is 6'9 and Kid is 6'4. We should have at least tried.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Just finished the game (thank goodness I set the DVR for 30 mins after!)

PPat is straight garbage... SOOOOO Disappointed... Even when he is a complete failure in the paint rebounding and offensively, which is most nights people, you would think his defense would be his saving grace. How many times did he completely leave Dirk like he was a regular player at the top of the key? This cat frustrates me to no end! Calm down and power through your shots!!Stop flicking that **** up there! The ball didn't just come out of the oven! CALM DOWN!! PPat is charmin soft, man. There. It's out in the universe. I said it... SOFT!

Jason Terry is an assassin I hate to admit...

/rant

20. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Sad, but true. I'm still waiting for him to breakout and show his true self...
    Is the guy still dealing with some kind of lingering injury or something? I mean what could it be that is causing him to suck so much?!