1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 12/23/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 22, 2022.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I agree with that.

I think Sengun at minimum needs to add a consistent middy if he is going to be a star level player. I’ve been saying that since before we drafted him.

He’s always going to be a bit limited on defense (although I think he can be good there) so his offense needs to be extremely good if he wants to be a star.

All that said, he’s pretty far down my list of concerns with this team. I think he’s going to be good enough to be a starter on a contender which is all that matters to me.

Alpifan, aaquaa and Dobbizzle like this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lol like I would waste time searching your post history. It's clear for anybody that can read and is interested.

aaquaa likes this.
  3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Giving a bias breakdown absolving Sengun of any accountability is pointless. He did turn the ball over TWICE against Orlando, then missed 2 layups the following game. His defense has NEVER been good

4. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

fair assessment. I think kpj was okay, most importantly he did not dominate the game and the offense looked much better. With green I am more worried about him getting lost within 3 defenders when he drives to the rim. He needs good coaching there.

5. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Still twisting and turning...
    You shameless worm.

Who's your daddy?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Whoever my daddy is, he defends better than Alperen Sengun

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. ThrillaNManilla

A Keto diet is a terrible idea for a high level athlete. For peak performance, the body needs carbohydrates. Also, there is nothing wrong with carbohydrates. Remember when fat was evil? Now the industry has people believe carbs are innately bad.

He just needs to get a nutritionist, if he doesn't already have one. These fad diets don't do anything special.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, no hardcore keto, just something that helps him get more defined muscle and power.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

fify

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Everyone seems to like ripping into Alpi for defense on PnR but the perimeter defense has been far worse. I have no idea what KPJ and Green are doing or reading out there at times defensively. Tough to defend the interior if Luka is doing whatever he wants to get by them.

LeDakota, aaquaa and duluth111222 like this.
  11. Alpifan

Alpifan Member

We talked about this in the previous game's thread; it's another challenge to keep a team of top 5 picks as they graduate from their rookie contracts because they all will be looking to get paid big bucks. The winning team would include both stars as well as solid players who support the stars. If Sengun becomes that star despite his deficiencies, then great; if he doesnt become a star, then, he can at least be a solid facilitator.

If we draft wemby, I agree, I don't see how wemby would work out with Sengun.

Also, with his current effiency, I wouldn't give JG a max contract. KPJ's contract is team optional, so, rockets can walk away from it anytime they want.

12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So you can't then? And you think that wins you the argument? Interesting, if you ACTUALLY searched my post history, you'd find I've been a fan of Sengun since we drafted him, you'd just also find I can be honest about his limitations too. Nice try though, I bet I own more Sengun jerseys than you do.

13. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Seriously, what is the matter with you Americans??
    Why more than one jersey, if any, ever?
    What am I missing here?
    Tell me, how many do you own and why??