1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 11/24/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2019.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

lol ppl were doubting me when I said we've had the top 3 easiest schedule when we were 10-3,

Prepare for a lot of Ls against playoff teams from now on. This team is just mediocre as currently built, especially since EG is out (even with him back, he's probably still slumping).

BasketMAD likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was hoping to see Boban.....the goofy giant....

3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

RW's missed layup snuffed our momentum

Also what in the **** is up with everyone having Winnie the Pooh avatars? There's like 15 different users I've seen with them. Is it a dig at China? Lmao

4. macan

macan Member

5. payaso

payaso Member

I will concede that coaching has some culpability, particularly when you don't hold your lead dog accountable on every play.
    Show me where Harden is willing to move without the ball in 100% of the offensive sets in a game and I'll believe it's coaching, period.
    Do Curry or Klay ever stand still?
    No- because you don't win chips that way.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

I know...but its like...Dallas JUST recently got good, they werent in the playoffs last year so he had no pressure to win games. Or at least, not as much pressure as Mike.

As for Mcelemore, ...yea you are right he sucks, Gary, Harty or Clemmons should get waaaaay more minutes than him.

jcmoon, Vivi and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I disagree vehemently! This is how good Harden is. Just get guys who are about that life to fill in and let Harden do the rest.

Clemons is not scared to shoot, or create, or dribble, or pass.

Hartenstein is not afraid to throw his body into a wall or hustle until he is taken out.

Harden has made players like GG, House, Luc, Ariza, PJ, etc. who people didn'y think were that good, into contending level role players for goodness sake. 2 more players that fill in, absolutely make the Rockets contenders.

houston19519 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Mavs 17-44 from 3

take out Harden’s 2-15, and the rest of the team still went 8-29 on incredibly wide open threes

McLemore oughta be ashamed of himself not being able to capitalize on all these wide open looks. Does he want to be in the league next year or what?

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, come on now. He shot the ball horribly today, but he still played a really good game. He played great against Denver and LA. Three games in a row that he was double teamed the whole ****ing game and he had 2 great games and one really good game.

He needs to adjust nothing. The adjustment that needs to happen is his teammates hitting ****ing open shots. That's the adjustment. If his teammates can't hit the shots he is getting them, then what in the hell do you want him to do?

I get you guys are mad for losing today's game, but can you all at least display some critical thinking skills and truly see what is actually wrong with the team. Harden is the last guy that is doing anything wrong. He is drawing two ****ing defenders out to mid court and giving his teammates the ability to play 4 on 3. He can't hit open shots for them!!! What would help is our coach getting his head out of his ass and play our one damn good shooter that is sitting on the bench in Clemons.

DreamShook, bro2044 and HP3 like this.
  10. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Ayyyy.

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

to me is was...anýone can see the obvious stuff.

12. JackLordsHair66

So from now on even bad teams will probably try the double team harden D cause it works beautifully ! We've got NO SHOT at the ship this year gang I don't care who Morey brings in here ist not happening with this crappy crew of scrubs

BigggReddd likes this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Imagine if Beard took half of those missed 3s from midrange.

I'm guessing it'd have been a much closer game.

bro2044 likes this.
  14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

If your bench scores six points before garbage time and can't hit wide open threes or attack the rim, that is on the players not coaching. They were given wide open looks which is the right adjustment.

On the other hand, I will say having a better solution if the three's aren't falling and attacking the Harden double is needed. It's what teams are throwing at us the past three games.

Also perhaps setting back picks for Clemons if Harden get's doubled, I just need him better defensively is the thing.

HP3 likes this.
  15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

So we have the Heat next. Good luck winning that.

Wouldn't surprise me if every team starts playing this way now. Double team Harden from the off and clog the paint. They know we have so many average to trash 3pt shooters that they can afford to leave the 3pt shot open. Our season might just be done..... I'd give up now if we didn't have Harden saving our asses pretty much every game.

BasketMAD likes this.
  16. Mr. Space City

All rivers is good for right now is bricking open 3's and excessively fouling.

17. JW86

JW86 Member

If they blame this on not making shots, you can quote me:

We are not going to win a damn thing, end up 5-8 seed, semis or conference beat down with bottom 10 defense

18. HP3

HP3 Member

At this point, im full go on Clemmons and Harty....even Gary. I dont care anymore, this loss was embarrassing and we lost to freaking Dallas...im irritated.

Im also done with not having wing guys who can defende. PLEASE SIGN LUC PAY PLEEEEEASE GET IGGY WHATEVER PLEASE

jcmoon likes this.
  19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

A three point shooting team that’s not good at shooting threes... how stupid is that.

BasketMAD likes this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

see u missed it lol....yes but u usually do it to conserve time. not milk it. that's the part u missing

when cp3 n guys have done it. it's to have more possessions.

I take it u didnt see we was trying to have q longer time of possession