1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 11/24/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2019.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with Mac is that he is streaky. His defense is in general really bad. Clemons seems to be a damn good shooter. Our offense desperately needs players that can put the hoop in the basket consistently.

HP3 likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

someone on the Rockets should just run at him with a hand up since he shoots better contested.

HP3, fckbandwagons and ElPigto like this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Capela and House are young.........

also you get inconsistency with young players...........so you would hate being a Knicks fan because of the inconsistency....

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Your right, at least he doesn't hesitate like Austin and PJ. He does bring that balance to the line up of jacking up threes. Would be nice if a few went in.

Vivi likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I really hope none of y’all think we’re a real contender.

arabrocket likes this.
  6. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Not by ANY means defending the Rockets D, but my god Mavs are just also kindve hitting EVERYTHING......... and when they got those 3 3pt plays in a row earlier...I mean, cmon.

We suck, but Mavs aren't that good, and I hope theres a little down to earth in 2nd half, but it's quite hole. What a disappointment.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  7. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

He really hasn't put a great team around Harden barring 2017-18. Really hoping this is not like Yao-Tmac. By the time they had a squad around them, it was too late.

8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You can't expect to start a game as badly as we did and win.

So we've literally gone back into old habits. I'm not surprised Harden shoots badly from the 3pt some games, because he literally has to carry the load and make things happen himself..... so he's basically forcing it because other teammates are bricking wide open shots.

ak99999 likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

One thing young guys give you is effort

Sometimes it just takes effort

Rocket River

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Clemons is also eager on defense. I wouldn't call him great, but he isn't falling asleep. Clemons was playing good defense on notable Rockets killer Teague. Please Basketball Jesus find someone to coach Clemons.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

EG cant....well good EG cant come back soon enough haha

Reeko likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

One thing I like about Tillman is he's making Mike earn an extension by letting this season play-out.

Houston fans aren't used to that.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  13. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

Nuggets and Mavs helped us actually. It has never been clearer. Rockets, as currently built and coached, have ZERO CHANCE to win a Championship.

Winning against crappy teams in the regular season is not the goal anymore. At this point, if you coach a team as long as MDA has coached the Rockets, and you still have that kind of performance on the defensive end, you MUST change something. This team WILL not be able to defend at a high level playing like this.

Bearded13 and ak99999 like this.
  14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

We need a better scheme for the Harden double besides a role player three, the defense is predictable and should be an advantage. Defensively we need to get them off the three point line and run, I'd rather give up long two's and take out thier shooter's legs. And rebound, we have to outrebound them badly.

15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He's lucky he's had Harden on his team all those years..... because he would have been fired a long time ago.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Hartenstein is all effort. He will give Harden a pick before he reaches the time line and sprint back and do it all over again for fun.

Rocket River likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wonder what everybody was up to on Saturday night? :D lol.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Personally I don't agree with that strategy. What are we going to do, just have coach turnover season after season. That is no way to run your team.

I absolutely have no faith that Tilman is going to find another good coach for this team. So even though I am mad at Mike D right now, I rather he stick around.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I think this whole system is a joke!
    The question becomes what will James reaction be if Pringle’s man is fired?

Obv James keeps praising Dantoni for letting him do whatever he wanted ( who wouldn’t )

If a new coach comes in and starts telling them to not jack so many threes or hammers them on shot selection....will James be okay with it?

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Bench is also basically just Rivers and McLemore, Tyson played 3 minutes, Thabo 2...we basically played two guys off the bench.