1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 11/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2013.

1. trock

trock Member

Can't wait for this game. A familiar foe filled with good matchup challenges. A better gauge of where this lineup is going than the Bobcats matchup.

2. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Monta is a terrible matchup for Harden who was having a tough enough time sticking Gerald Henderson. I would've liked to see a heavy dose of Bev/Lin to guard Calderon/Ellis.

In the Mav offense I'm not worried about Calderon's scoring, though Lin needs to stay close on Nowitzki double teams.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Four Seasons is connected to my office building... my friend just ran into Devin Harris over there.

4. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Pretty simply, just like Deron Williams, he's gotten so sick of watching that replay of the Lin game-winner vs the Raptors he's more motivated. That said this is not the garbage Raptor team, Calderon is not there to score. I'm more worried about Ellis.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Will be at the game tonight I'm predicting a rockets blowout

6. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

so many good matchups today. Some good examples are Timberwolves Vs Thunder and Pistons Vs Grizzlies.

Pistons Vs Grizzlies: 71 to 69, 3OT. lol it will be a defensive slugfest

7. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

So can we start Aaron Brooks? and let Lin off the bench tonight?

8. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

not related to my post, but I'll still reply. Start Lin and have Brooks come off bench as the backup pg

9. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

I have nothing against Lin. Since it works very well for Lin off the bench and he seems doesn't mind to do so. Starting AB will give him a boost to his confidence, you never know what will happen. And since Bev will come back to start, and LIn will be back to the bench. So why don't just let him develop chemistry with the second unit right now?

10. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

really don't care. I will trust Mchale's decision, as long as we win

11. c1utchtim3

c1utchtim3 Member

Clutchtime prediction: 102-97

12. valorita

valorita Member

to fully utilize Dwight, he needs a great post passer that will get him the ball on point at the right time. too many times until now, our guys don't know how, when, or where to throw him the ball. dwight will pin his man right under the rim multiple times during the game for about 1 second and if he can get the ball within that time period, it's game over for the other team's defense for that possession.

also, mchale needs to limit dwight's direct post ups when he has a clear advantage against his defender. too many bad things happen if he tries to post up the hibbert and gasols of the league as their defense > dwight's offense.

if these two things can happen, then i am certain that we will come out of the west and represent in the finals.

13. Deniz

Deniz Member

14. RocketPowerNick

The true starting lineup. :) :)

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>McHale says he expects to play Ronnie Brewer some tonight.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/396400581809422338">November 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does this suggest limited minutes for Harden due to injury?

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

This is what I would do....

Lin - Calderon
    Harden - Marion
    Parsons - Ellis
    Casspi - Dirk
    Dwight - Dalembert

Bench
    Brooks
    Brewer
    Garcia
    Asik

Run Dallas out of the Toyota Center. Pace. Pace. Pace. I'd put Parsons on Ellis or Calderon, have Lin guard the other, and then put Harden on Marion. This is not a game that Dwight/Asik should get a lot of run in. I'd prefer to see Garcia as much as possible, and Brewer with some spot minutes on Ellis/Calderon.

17. Exel

Exel Member

Why would you assume that Beverley will be back as the starting point guard when he comes back from the injury? Is there nothing Lin can do to change that? If the Rockets play well with Lin as the starting point guard, don't you think McHale will stick with the Lin as the starting point guard? I do, and hopefully McHale does.

18. clutz

clutz Member

Brewer active obviously shores up the defense of the second unit. He's an underrated passer, too, and will help keep the ball moving a bit.

19. Exel

Exel Member

I like to see:

Lin - Calderon
    Parsons - Marion
    Harden - Ellis
    Howard - Dirk
    Asik - Dalembert

With Parsons providing aggressive over help on Dirk. Keep Asik near the rim to discourage dribble penetrations and hopefully the rotation will be fast enough to tempt Marion into mid and long range shots.

20. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I don`t think benching Lin had anything to do with Lins play - and I think it had everything to do with Lin running the second unit (while having a PG that is capable of hitting open shots, playing good defense and taking care of the ball). With that said, I expect Lin to come off the bench when Beverly is back.