1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 10/21/2013 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Reach

Reach Member

FTFY mate.

2. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

another thing why we must kep him is back to back games...backs to backs last year cost us cca 10 games that we should have won...

3. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~lol~ I hope you're just kidding. Otherwise it's really some moronic reaching!

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You're saying that we have someone like MJ or Hakeem on the roster?

Yeah, the second unit is what we are worried about. We are not worried about the first unit.

You think we have MJ/Hakeem, and you are still worried about the first unit?

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Anyways, Garcia's 5 of 10 from downtown is pretty impressive. The coaching staff has to get him on the floor. Probably small lineup with Parsons at PF and very little PT for Brewer. That also means less pt for DMo and TJ.

I like the Twin Towers, especially in offensive rebounds, pick settings and paint defense. One thing that really worries me is free throw shooting. Every coach is going to tell his player to keep fouling them. How about banking it in Dwight? Why not try it again?

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm really surprised to hear this.

You think we have a good enough roster to trade Asik for a first-round draft pick AND win a championship?

Come on, seriously?

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, that is what I am saying, we are contenders with or without Asik, he doesn't matter that much to the success of this team.

DD

8. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

If the second unit gives up even 4-5 points a game (just guessing - no idea on the actual number), then shoring it up or having a second unit that adds to leads would mean more victories over a long season. Without Asik, the second unit was in the bottom 5-10 defense. With him, we were top 5-10 defense. Having 15 minutes of trash defense will cost you serious games. Switching that bottom level defense for a top level defense even for 15 minutes is significant. That's why Morey basically indicated (on 790, I think) that having Asik as a backup, even in limited minutes, is better than what a normal or even decent power forward can get you.

Jordan's bulls teams were good defensively when he was not on the floor.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Garcia will play a lot, somewhere between 15-20 minutes a game

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Garcia is the best shooter we have. He will get plenty of PT with Dwight and Harden on the floor. He also happens to be a pretty good defender. Who would have thunk it.

11. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Wrong thread.