1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 1/4/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Gotcha

2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Who would rather have on the ball more? Harden or Wall?

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Silas had 4 quarters to clean that up, that is his job.

And go back and watch the game again, it was Wall who was the most ball dominant NOT Harden.

And Harden was off from 3 but other Rockets were absolutely abysmal from beyond the arc.

s3ts, rhee and HP3 like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

saleem and HP3 like this.
  5. Rockets4Life13

Leave it to „Rockets fans“ to blame everyone else but Harden when he was clearly the ball-stopper and -24 on the court.

Wall had his fair share of bad iso‘s but it was nowhere near as bad as harden. Everyone refusing to acknowledge this is just looking for excuses for james.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  6. Htown's Finest

Neither, it doesn't have to be just one guy who is ball dominant all the time bro. You really gotta start watching more teams other than the Rockets. Down the stretch is something totally different.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Stop using +/- the wrong way.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I didn’t say he had a good game. He didn’t. I’m just tired of Harden getting blamed for losses like tonight. He had a great deal of company. There’s plenty of blame to go around. The refs were horrific. I don’t understand why Gordon didn’t get more minutes, which would be on Silas. Several players left their shot in the locker room. It was ugly.

D-rock, riko and HP3 like this.
  9. SunsRocketsfan

Luka is so much better than harden. He gets his stats but doesn't have to be a iso ball stopper.

BasketMAD and kumizi like this.
  10. Htown's Finest

My dude I'm currently rewatching the game again on AT&T sports net as I type this. Wall didn't play exceptionally well tonight, but the ball got very sticky tonight when Harden got in the game. It's an obvious assertion. Harden went back to his old ways. The first three games this year he was not holding on to the ball as much but this game it was really bad.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We don't have the team or players to do that. It's been that way for years. There's a reason why Harden has to take over and carry us. Our role players simply can't just pass and move it around and make things happen.

That comes down to the owner and the GM with bad investments. It all went to **** when we traded CP3 for Westbrook. People can hate on CP3 all they want, but he's an amazing playmaker when he's fully healthy.

I'm happy for us to play a lot more pass and move it basketball, but we don't have the team or players to do it.

HP3 likes this.
  12. Htown's Finest

That's exactly right.

13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Here we go again. His game is pretty much similar to Harden's. He either shoots the stepback 3pt shots or he drives to the basket and does a layup. Luka has the advantage because he's taller than Harden, so he can make more shots in the paint than Harden can.

The fact you stated he's so much better than Harden shows you have no clue what you're talking about.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This team has competent role players.

15. riko

riko Member

Harden had no explosion out of his first strep tonight. It was like night and day compared from the first three games. He is still clearly playing with a bum ankle and noway should have been cleared to play. I would rest him for the Indiana game.

Woods also might get his points but he needs to be a better defensive rebounding force. The first quarter was when the tone was set with them totally killing us on the boards

16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden didn't play well tonight. Nobody is saying he played well and doesn't deserve criticism. The problem is, as soon as Harden has a bad game, people are so quick to jump on him. The typical haters on this forum are never here to praise him when he carries us to wins.

He was clearly playing through an injury tonight, so I have no clue why he was playing in the first place. We should have gone with the same lineup as last game and build up the chemistry. We clearly rushed Harden back.

D-rock and Sonicbun8 like this.
  17. Htown's Finest

That's not true but we can agree to disagree. You are making a claim that our guys are just statues out there. Wood, Gordon, Wall, House, Cousins, Nwaba, Tate, Harden, even Brown are all guys that can create their own shot for themselves or others if you give them that chance. Our play style just sucks, like I said before most of the other teams don't play like we do and they have way lesser players on their teams. Send me a PM if you want so I can link you up to some more NBA games besides Rockets. You gotta educate yourself bro, don't take my word for it, watch how other teams play.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I do think it was unfair. I also think there was a level difference between his complaint and others, but whatever. He needs to know. He's like a record holder - refs aren't suddenly going to like him after years of being a jerk. (Is that him? My memory is crap, but it's either him or Sheed that has a reputation of never learning ref names and being a jerk to them for years.)

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. Rockets4Life13

While i do agree with that, let me just say that i have been a Harden cheerleader for years. But contrary to what some posters here do, i don’t act as if this game wasn’t his bad. Every time harden was on the bench, which was 10 minutes in total, we went on a run and had good ball movement + got some stops on D.
    maybe he was still injured, but idc about that. If he’s out there, he himself thinks he’s ready to go. People on here are complaining about curry stans who constantly look for injury excuses but they do the exact same **** when it comes to james.

james was a MAJOR reason why we lost this game. This game. Not Every game, just this one.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

But that's not enough in the west. It's a very tough division. Those role players may do a decent job at times, but they're never going to make you a top team.

That's my whole point. We need the role players to take the load off Harden for when he's not playing well. Take some pressure off him. He's been carrying us for 8 years. You can't expect players like House, Tucker, McLemore, Tate, Brown and Cousins to take over and score a **** load of points. It's not going to happen. Heck, even players like Wall and Gordon are not going to get you 25 plus points on a consistent basis..... even if we play pass and move it basketball. The role players we've had and have are simply not good enough to play that way.