1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 1/28/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2015.

1. kemah

kemah Member

lol

What I noticed was that no other player came out to get the ball from Rondo when AD had him covered but stood and watched the upcoming for sure steal. Of course I am sure the coach and team was not told to expect it and that the Pels would never try to cover Dirk who was for sure going to get covered by AD. There was 12 seconds left and all and that meant that Dirk had to catch and shoot it right away. :grin:

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Go back to dallasmavs.com or to spurstalk to get roasted. Your takes are terrible tbh.

3. arjun

arjun Member

you know the mavs are going to come out and play hard because of how they lost last night.

if we jump on them early, we got the game in the bag.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Let's not get carried away. The Rockets had them down 17 or 18 points in the 3rd quarter back in November, and still needed a huge comeback in the final 2 minutes to pull out that win.

They need to play well for 48 minutes to get this W.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jason Terry on playing Dallas tonight: &quot;Kick 'em while they're down. They've lost 3. We want to make it 4.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/560481393377943552">January 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jason Terry on rivalry between Daryl Morey and Mark Cuban. Rockets play Dallas tonight: &quot;They're a non-factor. Neither have shot a jumper.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/560482627035987969">January 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Jason is funny, and looks smart too.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Since the game is in Houston, I predict the rockets are going to win the game. The teams depending on three are normally hot at home than road. The game is always a huge for the rockets fans whenever we play the Mavs.

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I feel like Jason Terry must be such a fun guy to have as a teammate. He seems like the rare guy who is super outgoing and positive and at the same time extremely intelligent.

My thoughts mirror his. No mercy tonight. Don't try to beat them by 5, try to beat them by 50 and if you fail, 35 is good enough for me.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There was a -5000% chance of me ever liking Jason Terry prior to this season, but here I am loving Jason Terry!

10. rocketblood713

Good answer from JT lol

11. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

we were favored with a 4.5 pt spread, but it moved to 4, so i'm guessin people are taking the mavs tonight to cover.

12. richardson1952

richardson1952 New Member

13. richardson1952

richardson1952 New Member

Terry makes 5 3's tonight.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

She can dunk on me but ill flagrant foul her.

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Not neccassarliy, sometimes the spread is moved closer such as this case because everyone is on houston and vegas (or equilivent betting agency) don't think we will win and want more people to bet on us

16. AFS

AFS Member

The Rockets have shown an inability to hold a lead without James Harden on the floor. Not sure we have any game in the bag, even if we get a good start.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Luckily Dallas has a sh-tty bench. Until late in yesterday's game, their reserves were getting torched by Memphis'. And keep in mind that the Grizz were without Conley and Allen.

Hopefully the same holds true tonight. Last time we played the Mavs, our bench blew the huge lead, but that was back when we didn't have Brewer or Smith, and Bev reinjured his hammy during that game. Plus we may get T-Jones back for this game which would make us even deeper.

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

stfu with the vegas lines and point spreads etc

the mavs were favorites last night and look what happened.

19. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Parsons after yesterdays game.

On getting another crack at Houston:

Its just another game to me, Im sure they'll make a big deal out of it. Im sure they'll boo me, but its whatever, man. It another game.

Let's boo the hell out of him tonight :p

20. kemah

kemah Member

This is a team even Howard can play well against.