1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 1/2/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 1, 2023.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This needs to be said,Tari looks bad with his confidence. Like he's given up asking for the ball along with Ty Ty. They're just watching the ballhog bros.

ThrillaNManilla and hakeem94 like this.
  2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

tyty is older than nix how is it too early?

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said its not about a cure. Its about developing good habits. So far all I see is the whole team developing selfish habits. Everyone is about themselves. Very little team movement, off ball movement. We are very stagnant which makes us easier to guard. I could care less if they missed 25 wide open threes a game as long as they move the ball and get good shots. It just about the culture. I don't care who's running the offense as long as its not ISO KPJ. People just flock to Sengun because it seems when he has the ball good things happen.

Like yesterday is a prime example. Jabari had Tim Hardaway on him and Sengun gets the ball tells him to go down low gives it to him for a quick foul and two free throws. None of our guards ever find that mismatch downlow. And everyone says Jabari is a bust cuz of it. Our Offense need to be simpler and exploit more mismatches instead we just have KPJ isoing on whatever the heck he wants.

maypk, hakeem94 and AlperenSengun like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol he did have it for a second... a good playmaker and a willing passer would have fed hit to him because hed be looking forward to that moment in advance, anticipated it and would hit him with a pass at the right time in the right place...a piece of cake....

5. HP3

HP3 Member

You need more than a second, Sengun needed to get better positioning and that's not an easy pass to make.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thats a very narrow minded view on whats going on out there. You have guys here with very specific agendas. Its all good to root for certain guys, but I want all of these kids to be successful. The idolatry and extent to denigrate some guys on the team and claim stardom for others is BS. Isolating one or two moments from these games to give your example on your worldview is just chasing tails. Everyone could do that for their own specific agendas. Problem is too many people are now trying to demonize the coach and the players they dont like thinking their removal would suddenly create a winner. It wont. This team needs experience and chemistry to be at the forefront of this year and that is what they are getting. Some guys needs more development than others and yet it is viewed as favoritism or even worse these SOFs claim racism! I dont care who runs point either because I've settled in and made peace with the fact that this year was a throwaway. The extent that some of these troglodytes will name call and throw players and fans under the bus screams of a pathetic franchise and fanbase and its a damn shame because we used to be some of the best. Times certainly do change.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I think we all want all the kids to be successful. I think most of us just see that not happening as long as KPJ is point guard. I don't think he's a bad player I just think it's a bad role for him. And developing him in this role hurts the rest of the guys we spent much higher picks on.

Too many times a game he goes on a fastbreak and makes the wrong pass or settles for a terrible shot. Or when Jalen and Jabari get hot he never feeds them and decides it's his turns. He's a terrible free throw shooter but always wants to take the tech and misses. Everytime we are down 2 or 3 you know he's gonna Jack up a shot. Dudes a selfish player and he's rubbing off on the rest of the guys as you see this your turn my turn offense we run. Which usually ends is trash shots. If we want to develop KPJ to be a scorer fine just put the ball in anyone else's hands.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ok so KPJ is your thorn. Do you think removing him from the team would lead to more wins? Do you think force feeding Sengun's baby hook game would lead to more wins since that is the obvious antithesis to your thought. Do you really think the brass WANTS more wins? I was one of the more vocal KPJ guys preseason and he has let me down. Should I just run around making fun of him every chance I get and that will make the season more fun? Pointing out the obvious doesnt shine some sort of illuminating thought process. Its just more division with intent --- "us vs them" within the same fanbase. The sooner some of you guys can make peace with an intentional tank job the sooner you will be able to spot positives instead of living in nightmare that you seem to be able to pin on one or two people associated with the team.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

1 a second is all it takes when you anticipate and look forward to opportunities to pass instead of fancy dribbling and just caring about when and where to chuck up a 3 pointer(eventho you suck at it)

2 it would be an easy pass by now if he ever tried to learn it, make it a habit to practice it, rather than chucking up bad 3s over hands of defenders...

3 sengun would have already be better at positioning if silas were to play him jalen green minutes and didnt have to develop daniel theis instead

Good night nurse!

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Funny I didn't even mention Sengun once in my previous post. You bringing him into this just shows you are a hater of his game. Never said to force feed him. Even if it's TyTy it's probably better than KPJ at point. I also said I don't think KPJ is a bad player, I just think the Rockets need to remove him from being a point guard. I don't care if the Rockets win more games. I just want the team to develop better habits so the future looks brighter. They won't just turn on a switch and magically start winning without some foundation to begin with.

maypk and hakeem94 like this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Age has nothing to do with chemistry.