1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 3/8/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'll let Cyber/CH/Others do their thing, but this is what I've gotten from my ears. Our team is going to be fine. Seeding matters, but only to an extent. Losing streaks happen. Also, the rumors of MDA being let go right now are false from person in coaching circles.

Not as much as "what" is going on as what is "not" going on

All I've heard is small echoes of things we already know:
    1. Frustration of certain guys not pulling their weight
    2. Difficult to not have Russ involved each contest
    3. Frustration about shooting from guys that MUST step up (exceptions being Tuck/ATF). Harden is not going to be effective if teams double/triple and our guys are not knocking down the open shot.
    ****4: Players don't have issues with each other. Adjustments and missed shots again. James and Russ are fine, like they've been since kids.

Side Notes (From what I've gotten back)
    -James, Russ/team are in full support of MDA. If anything goes down there, it wasn't a KD/Kyrie thing.
    -EGo's return is expected to help immensely. They're healing him as much as time will allow for the playoffs. No Rush with Covington and Jeff's emergence.
    *Differing responses to the suggestion that James is playing through injury:
    -One: mention left wrist, calf and lingering ankle injury pre-AllStar break.
    -One: James is playing through fatigue and only will take games off if it's absolutely necessary.
    -Suggestion of support to give Jeff some starts at C, placing Tuck at the 4 for "load mgmt" and starting to give Tyson situational minutes.
    -Demarre is another guy who may get more minutes as the season unwinds. Has strong support of the vets.

Again, nothing surprising.

Also, the glue in the locker room (aside from Russ as the vocal leader/James as the "show you" leader): Thabo! (ultimate professional) Tyson,Tuck and J.Green. Yes, Green has become Uncle OG, or the Josh Smith of 2020.

Love ya'll. Stay Healthy. It's scary out there.

-Cod

#761 Codman, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  2. Victorious

Victorious Member

On Sunday I turned on the rockets game and it was 20-0. I thought it was on shrooms! Turns out, I was on shrooms and we were really down 20-0.

I hope this game is different!!!

glimmertwins likes this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Thanks for the update. Tell MDA to play Bruno real minutes. He looks ready to contribute and add a wrinkle especially against these mediocre teams.

Little Bit likes this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

The inside news is assuring.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Really appreciate this post from @Codman. Thanks for the info!