1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 11/4/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2015.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No joke. At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if he opts in for the final year if more info keeps spilling out, and teams learn he's very high risk.

But I suspect the goal for this year from Dwight, his agent, and to some extent, the Rockets is to find a way to mask what's going on to get through the year and get Dwight back into the free agent market pool. I'm assuming the Rockets want him back in that pool because they probably want one of two things to happen.

A. Get Dwight back on a longish deal (preferably 3 years most likely) at a discounted rate.

or

B. Let Dwight walk to another team that will pay him the max so the Rockets can allocate those funds to either more depth or another younger player that can consistently produce at the 4/5.

It would be great to have a scenario where he opts out, signs long term at the max with the Rockets, and he ends up being 2013/4 Dwight Howard (at the least) for 4 years, but is there anyone here that really thinks that a possibility anymore?

I know everyone here has been piling on Harden, Jones, Lawson, etc. for the bad start, but the glaring 500 pound guerrilla in the room that nobody seems to be discussing is the Dwight Howard situation. Probably another topic for another thread but that's where my head has been lately in trying to figure out where the glaring risks are that keep Morey up at night.

2. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

My sister and her school choir will be performing the national anthem before the game. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the game.

Rep to anyone that is going to the game and is willing to record it on the big screen and email me the video. I will be very thankful if anyone comes through for me and helps me out! PM me if anyone is able to do this. Thanks!

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Where did you hear/read this?

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

I just hope our best 3 point shooter Beverley takes more than 3 of those.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

It's actually Thorton ;)

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

Actually it's Thornton ;)

7. DenisM

DenisM Member

The dunk by Oladipo at the end of the last year's game is still hurting me.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

So dumb we lost that game

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

is VUCCI MANE gonna give dwight that work tonight?

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I'm hear?

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Sure, but have you watched the Rockets for the past 4 games, hell weeks?

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

The thing I remember most about our loss last year at Magic was Payton destroying Bev in the 4th.

13. Victorious

Victorious Member

What time should I be at the TC to make sure I get a bobble head? 530?

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Just win.

15. malakas

malakas Member

It's a win.
    If we start fearing teams like the Magic, then are we seriously thinking of winning the championship? Really? The Magic is NOT a scrub team and should be respected because they have finally started playing defence, but the Rockets should win comfortambly.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Big game tonight in terms of maintaining some momentum from the OKC win . The squad has got to bring it tonight Orlando is no joke . I'm looking for a big game from Brewer. Also I think that this is an opportunity for chuck,montrezl, or Clint to get some burn as a defensive stopper if Harris starts going off on whoever we have guarding him . Looking for Dwight to hopefully be a bit looser and flush some of the drop offs he might get from Ty.

Every game going forward the rockets need to improve the ball movement and off ball movement while keeping up the defensive effort. The season just started but this is the time to work out the kinks and get some chemistry going .

17. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

I will also be at the game and want to make sure I get there in time for a bobble head what time do they allow entry?

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

I think doors open an hour and a half before tip-off. So 7:00pm tip-off = 5:30 doors open. Don't quote me exactly but I believe that is right.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Doors open at 6.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

being 1 and 4 in the win-loss column would suck