1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 10/16/2013 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 15, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

This. It's disingenuous to say that he is changing line ups and experimenting. He really isn't. Parsons, Harden, Howard are all starting. It's just two positions he is unsure about. Truthfully, there isn't any experimenting going on.

2. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Huh what? I'm pretty sure I've seen Lin & Beverley playing at the same time, and different groupings of starters playing with the bench as well. You want to see at least a minimum number of minutes with each lineup to get some idea how they work together, and there are only so many lineups you can possibly test out. What starting lineup without Parsons, Harden and Howard would you like him to test?

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Can we assume that whatever was going on w/ Harden's wrist at the end of last game is a non-issue?

4. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Should rest Harden just in case, it's preseason and against Orlando. Orlando is going to be one of the worst teams in the NBA, don't need Harden to mop the floor with these dudes.

5. and1phan

and1phan Member

yay normal game time :)

6. rocketblood713

Harden wrist ? ..is he injured ?

7. Unstable

Unstable Member

Update - just did a read up on the injury sustained by Asik (calf strain),
    There are 3 grades of calf strain - Grade 1 (minor) - will take about 6 to 10 days to heal, Grade 2 (moderate and most likely the one Asik is suffering) - can take up to 6 weeks (so that would take until about 7 Nov to heal assuming the injury was sustained on 29 Sep). Grade 3 (severe) - not Asik's injury as those with G3 wouldn't be able to walk.

I am hoping it is a minor (G1) and the coach and the rest just want him to rest more and get his body conditioning right (as the season will be long and the pace that rockets play is punishing).

go rockets!!

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

When he left the game in Taiwan, they said he stopped to talk to the trainer and that it looked like he "tweaked something." Camera panned the bench at the end of the game and his wrist/forearm was wrapped. I haven't seen or heard anything about it since, so hopefully it's nothing major.

Friedman said Dwight's hamstring soreness is no big deal, so hopefully that's true too. Staying healthy is going to be critical.

9. rocketblood713

hmm I wonder if practiced if he practices today then im sure its nothing serious

10. Star

Star Member

Asik 'injured', Harden 'injured'.

Conspiracy?

I smell an incoming Harden+Asik trade for Wade+Battier :grin:?

11. nemac

nemac Member

Heat would be even more unstoppable

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Should rest all the starters. The second and third units could probably still win.

13. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I know it's off topic but is anyone down for a Rockets Road Trip for the Spurs game on October 24th in section 116 at AT&T Center....if so email me timothy_word@yahoo.com or on twitter.com/REUPDADJ or search RocketTim

Tobias Harris is about to go dumb on D-Mo

14. hbomb

hbomb Member

Dwight is gonna dominate

Bev better set him well....or we gonna see 25++ fga by dwight

15. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

I agree, the last thing we want is an injury playing a meaningless preseason game.

16. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

dwight improved my post game... just tonight on the court(street basketball session) i noticed i am doing the post moves which i picked up unconsciously by watching him that i never did before...

stat the game already!

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

so is harden playing?

18. bmd

bmd Member

lol, I just looked it up too and came here to post this.

I'm assuming it's a grade 1 strain, considering soon after he did it he was listed as "day to day". If it was a grade 2, that takes 4-6 weeks to heal... so he wouldn't be day to day.

I'm guessing Asik's calf is pretty much good by now. I'm sure they are just taking extra precaution since it's the preaseason and there is no rush to get back on the court.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What time is the game?

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What?

Coaches experiment by trying different combinations hoping for better results. There is no one behind Parsons, Harden or Howard that could potentially produce a better product in place of their counterpart.

That is not the case with Lin and D-Mo.