1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 10/16/2013 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 15, 2013.

1. LAC

LAC Member

From past experience, DMo and Lin are always a pair. If Lin weren't starting, DMo wouldn't start either. And for DMo's benefit, he should go on court with Lin.
    An experiment of starting Beverley alongside DMo won't give you much value. It's not like Beverley will be handling the ball and Harden probably wouldn't trust DMo enough to feed him the ball.

2. rokit

rokit Member

Yeah, i'd love to see Casspi alongside Harden and Dwight.
    It probably doesn't mean anything, but in those interviews from today's practice Parsons,Lin and D12 are all wearing the black jerseys.

3. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Uh, interesting. Well if I'm wrong about who's starting it would not be the first time ;) My expectation is to see Beverley in the starting lineup tho.

4. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

So dumb so start Bev. I guess Lin will just have to keep proving himself more if he wants to start. Would think there's enough evidence by now that he should but I guess not

5. rocketblood713

6. rocketblood713

nothing wrong with him rotating players in the preseason ...

7. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

117-92

US

8. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

It's not like he's rotating every spot, it's just pg and pf, the two spots it seems they haven't decided who should start in. W/e, I mean whoever ends up playing the best will prob end up starting in the long run regardless of who starts on the bench

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There has been a lot of Casspi as a stretch 4 talk lately. Don't be surprised if he starts. Though, having him come off the bench is not a bad idea.
    In either case, this team just keeps getting better.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>McHale said in the press conference that Rockets still rotating the starters and that Patrick Beverley will start the next game.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/389300541806747648">October 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. rocketblood713

that's what preseasons for changing up lineups and experimenting and Asik hasn't even played yet so some more change ups coming

12. rocketblood713

Casspi has been awesome during the preseason but I don't fully buy it yet but if hes balling like this throught like the first 2 weeks lol then im buying and he should be starting!

13. rokit

rokit Member

there it is...thank you!

14. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Should be common knowledge that Bev is starting next game. McHale was asked about that multiple times in Taipei. I still don't really like the perception of not starting Lin (i.e. makes it seem like he "lost" the starting spot when he didn't do anything bad, still sort of the 3rd/4th face of the franchise), but I understand the fit for the team.

Anyways, saw the Rockets.com interview with Lin from today and he said he hasn't been able to sleep well yet, so I'm not expecting much from him next game. Hopefully Asik comes back after this game.

15. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

True. Although as much as I like DMo and Lin together, I hate how he's always fumbling and turning the ball over because he can't catch. But I will give Lin credit for not giving up on him and still feeding him even if he TOs a catch or misses a shot.

16. rocketblood713

McHale said the team has to adjust cause of trip so I expect a slow start

17. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Asik is a big part of the Rockets' equation, if he's coming off the bench, that might irritate him enough to demand being traded mid-season. But if Jeremy comes off the bench with him, and sets him up to score enough to keep him happy, then maybe Omer will buy into being a backup for Dwight.... at least for this season.
    We want to keep Omer happy, for the team, and for his trade value.

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I don't think Asik is too concerned with points. That's not his game. I think he legitimately wants to play because he loves playing basketball. His time in chicago was probably like prison, and then Murray saved him ala Andy Dufresne, and now he is cast back down to the sodomites.

I can see why Asik is upset. But, I think he will make-do.

19. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Asik needs to come back healthy already. His role in the Rockets will be one of the main factors in whether or not the Rockets are actually a real contender.

20. rocketblood713

yea well he already demanded a trade when hea heard about the D12 signing and he should be a started but Rockets are not gonna rush to trade there gonna try to make it work and talk to him about and everything they say about Omer is that hes a pro and about the team so he might give it a shot and try it out but it wont last