1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 1/8/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There is ALOT of hesitation and driving on open threes
    It is not just Harden . . . .

Rocket River

jakedasnake and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

No, Wall dribbles then drives to the rim.

If Wall wants to keep.Harden then what you described should be last thing he should do amirite?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Big ball is better, it helps you get rebs and loose balls. On broken plays that helps a lot you can get layup drill on small ball on big ball not so much. There is also ref bias for big ball, small ball relies on charges and fouls getting called correctly but we all know that doesnt always happen, small ball has tendency to get unfairly officiated esp in the playoffs.

AD and Lebron themselves are part of the "big ball" model, AD is 6'10 and Lebron is 6'8 both are adequate height for traditional C and PF. If you are using them the standard then I fail to see any argument why small ball is better I mean the best is a big ball model.

#783 roslolian, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Well, I think we all needed that. Be Well Rockets fans.

Bo6, clos4life, pr0wler and 4 others like this.
  5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed, everyone made fairly good decisions tonight though so that is good. Got PJ, etc. some open threes. Just thought it was interesting that Wall got upset and even looked at the bench with frustration. Was near the end of the 3rd quarter. Maybe he just wants better assist numbers. :)

#785 jakedasnake, Jan 8, 2021
  6. Garner

Garner Member

The Rockets have 70-90% of Anthony Davis in Wood. Another year of development, he'll be in the all-star game.

Balldon'tlie, pr0wler and PeterKingX like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is the kind of games that is hardest to win

8. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

Thanks brother! Just finished watching second half. Man, this was a good game to get our team back in sync. Hopefully it will continue next game.

jch1911 likes this.
  9. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Best game we've played hands down all year

10. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Man I really hope Cousins can find his offensive game. He is really playing well on defense, rebounding, setting picks and his passing is on point. Not sure if his 3 ball will ever be consistent but I hope his post game, ability to score inside, improves with more conditioning. I know he is much more efficient than this.

11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He’s good but I don’t think his defense will ever get to Anthony Davis’ level.

#791 Little Bit, Jan 8, 2021
    pr0wler likes this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Still better than any other center Harden has ever played with on offense.

pr0wler, PeterKingX and D-rock like this.
  13. Garner

Garner Member

I completely concede that and i still think he is an incredible talent with incredible upside. all-star.

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is BS. Big ball isn’t necessary better it all depends on scheme and fitment. Last years Rockets excelled at small ball they had fantastic team defense and forced a lot of TOs. They had very high IQ defenders on the floor the majority of the time and that’s why they had the best defense in the bubble. Wood or Cousins on that last years team and that defense goes to ****. Neither of those players compare to Roco or PJ in terms of defensive IQ and positioning. With small ball they were also able to switch everything on the defensive end which makes it a lot tougher on the offense and is a great way to create a lot of turnovers.
    AD is a unique player. Even if he was only 6,8 he would be dominant as ****. His basketball IQ is incredibly high and his talent is thru the roof. I will take small/skill ball all day over big ball especially if you are running low IQ defenders out there like Wood and Boogie.

pr0wler, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

On offense yes. Clint is still the best big man Harden has played with. It’s unfortunate we had to trade him because of Westbrook.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They have 50% of Anthony Davis. His offensive game isn’t close to AD. I don’t see why people keep saying this. Is it because they look alike? Davis is an incredibly smart player who can easily stretch the floor. He has the best interior game in the league with a variety of moves and is a very good passer. He’s also one of the top 3 defenders in the league. Wood has interior moves like Davis and can put the ball on the floor but that is where the comparisons stop. He can’t pass, shot is shaky, doesn’t seem to have a variety of offensive moves and his defense and all around IQ is non existent.

IvanLCPM, ashleyem and hakeem94 like this.
  17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

ClutchFans@clutchfans
    Stephen Silas called Ben McLemore a "stone cold shooter" but a reporter just told Ben that Silas called him a "stone cold killer." This can only help his confidence.

10 for 10 on 3s next game for the assassin.

D-rock likes this.
  18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

When Wall starts chucking up bricks again I hope Bmac is a quick sub. I love him playing with James. It actually gives him a legitimate 3 point weapon.

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

As long as he remembers that he is ELITE as 3ball shooter first and foremost.

Not a fan of dribbling BMac.

IvanLCPM, clos4life, pr0wler and 4 others like this.
  20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Just gonna disrespect Chris Clemons' name like that, eh?