1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 1/27/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2019.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Full Game Highlights...

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

12/6/5 in 25 minutes after missing like 5 weeks, and some of y'all salty that CP3 didn't play better?

C'mon, man!

jcmoon, jcf, BMoney and 9 others like this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

ABS seems to be working :

Hakeemtheking, saleem, Tfor3 and 8 others like this.
  4. H-Town Rockets Guy

Too close of a game than I expected but we came away with a win. Harden was Harden. CP3 looked little rusty but he took a lot of pressure off Harden tonight. We just didn't get much from the bench tonight. Next up: New Orleans. Go Rockets

Remlap and BeBreezy like this.
  5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Harden is beyond ridiculous .
    Clint is the 2nd most important player on this team
    CP is going to be just fine.
    Faried is going to excel as Clint's backup
    Ennis can not see the floor anymore
    Please sign House ASAP
    Where has Rivers shot gone?

IvanLCPM, jcmoon, Houstunna and 6 others like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Magic are very long and athletic, Rockets struggle against teams like that, e.g. PHI, MIL, OKC and ORL.

Houstunna, Remlap and hakeem94 like this.
  7. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I know I wasnt called out tonight, but I can say 99% of the time during games I'm just f-ing around in here when it comes to posts about players and bad mouthing them in the moment. I just hate dumb mistakes more than anything, which is what I normally gripe about besides refs & MDA never calling TO's when we need one.

Do I think CP3 stinks? hell nah and I'm glad he's back. I will say that he's still making strange TO's I have never seen him make in his career until this season & that was before injury. Im hoping he corrects it. It's frustrating to see considering his high skill level.

Do I think Ennis is like Brewer? hell yah SEWAGE ALL OVER

Erbnwarfare, HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, same recipe as last season.

The advantage this year is an added ball-handler with Rivers. Two-way player too. Faried is two-way considering rebounds and his production should increase off the bench once Clint returns. Maybe House returns to the house. Another two-way.

Rockets are deep and could be better than last season.

Remlap, YallMean and hakeem94 like this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Faried had 12 pts, 10 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 steals for a base salary of $917,272. We pay Paul 40 times that. Crazy.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Didn't deserve to win this one after our defensive effort in the first 3 quarters, but we pulled it out and that's all that really matters.

We are still missing Capela a ton on the boards. Faried has helped with some effort boards, but we're still getting punished overall

11. Roxs-Redemption

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree, should be better but too many bigs clogging paint with AG, Vooch and Isaac. Magic need PG like Wall to increase pace. Augustin is better off bench for change of pace, half court game.

Vooch is closest thing to all star on Magic but would love AG on Rockets.

Morey needs to to trade for AG, Ross and Simmons. Exactly the type of players Rockets need right now. Tucker is not a starter on championship team.

DreamShook, joshuaao and Houstunna like this.
  13. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Yes, this is the main reason why I think the team didn't want to bring Chris back against the Raptors. I think the rustiness between Harden and Paul's tag-team play would have been fatal for us in that game.

saleem and Roomba like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Honestly, I was worried and sad to see him struggling earlier in the game. I was happy to see him playing well later on. Hopefully, he will get into top gear by the playoffs.
    Go Chris! We love you!

jcmoon and Roxs-Redemption like this.
  15. Roxs-Redemption

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, I got you bro, I've seen your posts and you're a pretty sensible guy. I should probably just assume alot more guys think like you I guess haha.

hakeem94 and adw like this.
  17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

With the Thunder, Jazz, Spurs and Clippers all winning today, I think this win was more important than I initially thought.

Next game against the Pelicans will be a great test. Capela's out, but I would say the first game of the season being a blowout loss really set the tone for the craziness that followed. The ship has been righted somewhat, but I'm still hoping we spank them. And get the W, of course.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fair. We’ll see how he looks over the next few weeks. But even before the injury it was looking rough. We shall see what happens.

justtxyank likes this.
  19. jcf

jcf Member

Remember when he was designated our psuedo point guard? The guy gave up his shot consistently and was an assist/passing god.

Every year, that guy comes up with a new look and with a new emphasis. I haven't seen anything like it.

Remember when his go-to move was the Eurostep? It was amazing. The facilitator? The sweep? The pure stepback? The side stepback?

Somewhere along the way, he decided he was going to be a good defender. His rep hasn't caught up yet, but it is getting there.

It is like you can pick a Harden from any given season -- he is going to be great -- but he is also going to be very different.

We are privileged.

saleem, Voltik, Houstunna and 11 others like this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member