1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/8/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 7, 2020.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden's been getting double-teamed. What the hell are you talking about? Lebron isn't getting double-teamed, so he has the freedom to do what he wants. And his supporting cast is actually stepping up. Their bench killed our bench tonight. That's the reason why we lost tonight, so stop putting the blame on Harden. Harden and Westbrook scored 63 points tonight, which should have been enough.

You guys are ridiculous for your hate on Harden. How the hell is he supposed to score points in the 4th quarter if they're basically double-teaming him at half court?

jcmoon, Theking, pr0wler and 3 others like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Between crybaby LeBron complaining about fouls when he got away with bulldozing guys, and the lack of calls going our way made me feel a cross between this

giphy (31).gif

And this

giphy (30).gif

I can't stand that man who calls himself King.
    We need to knock them off their high horse next game and show them we mean business!! Time to pump up our defense and stop them from getting the easy shots at the rim. We need to fight more for those rebounds.

I sure hope Covington's OK.

jcmoon, bro2044, Red.Glare and 7 others like this.
  3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I miss that Capela PNR.....sometimes when I look at us being abused in the paint, I think we could put Chandler out there as a human scarecrow and be better on both ends of the court. It's PAINFUL watching us get abused time after time by LBJ and AD. Green, RoCo and Tuck all off their games. I am more worried about Tuck than RoCo...he just didn't look right after the LouBron moving screen on his hip.

bro2044, BasketMAD, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Mike D'Antoni plays a 7 man rotation every year in the playoffs. Every year in the playoffs they grind down and fade at the end. It's happening again. At some point, they need a different coach. This can't go on.

Deuce, gatsby, ICEibuPROfen and 8 others like this.
  5. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

If true, that's really ****ing good news. Hope that's the case.

pr0wler likes this.
  6. Mr. Space City

James Harden is having one of his most efficient playoff series ever.

pr0wler likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

constant Harden double teams are able to neuter him in the 2nd half

we always lack creators and have a sh*tty bench

Lakers had 42 bench points, we had 16 which were all from Jeff Green

with no House this game, and Rivers having been swapped with a body double before the playoffs, Rockets only had 6 guys that can be dependable

pr0wler, BMoney and everyday eddie like this.
  8. riko

riko Member

No bench production out of green and got murderd on the offensive glass. The lakers or Davis was getting lots of easy points off the offensive rebounds he was feasting on.

Austin Rivers has been awful on the last two games. McLemor is scared to shoot as D’Antoni has sucked the life out him with his 7 man rotation and benching him. His confidence is shot to pieces

jcmoon and apollo33 like this.
  9. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I am a big Harden fan...check my posts history. However, I call them as I see them. Your last question is SPECIFICALLY to my point. You going to tell me that Jimmy played with the same passion and energy as LBJ ? I really like Jimmy...I said last game (2) that he needs to score 32-35 pts. or more which he did BUT I didn't see that energy in the 4th the last 2 games . Trust me when i tell you that the Lakers will continue to double Jimmy. So, back to your last question...how is supposed to score points if they basically double team him at half court ? Fact, usually as Jimmy goes, so go we.That's JMO.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rondo getting a plethora of buckets was almost too aggravating to take

Bron took super soldier serum before the game...only indication that he’s 35 is his fcked up hairline...he moves like he’s 25

11. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

And it'll all be for naught unless this team can figure out a way to win game 4. If RoCo & House are out next game then.. RIP

AuburnRocket likes this.
  12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets just got outclassed on the defensive end tonight, in the 2nd half LA turned up their defense to a level the Rockets did not come close to matching.

Offensively the Rockets seemed really easy to guard, Lakers overplayed them at the 3 point line and had their shot blockers waiting at the rim.

Only chance they have this series is if they regain the defensive intensity of Game 1 (and the 3rd quarter of Game 2), and Russ gets his head out of his ass smh.

Also, they need to guard Rondo, he's not that bad a 3 point shooter.

daywalker02 and Ramo$e like this.
  13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Is there anything sadder in playoff basketball than a coach telling his team "You've got to want it more! Get all those 50-50 balls!" only for the team to show no discernible change in effort and lose every single 50-50 ball?

That said, for all the hype about the Rockets - "They're SMALL...but FAST! And they play DEFENSE!" - the Lakers are significantly faster despite being bigger and they play much more stifling defense. The Rockets aren't necessarily playing badly, but by the time they swing the ball around, the defenders are already set in good position, so any intended function of ball movement is nullified. Unless it's Westbrook, in which case the Lakers are happy to dare him to shoot. The series isn't unwinnable, but it's probably going to take D'Antoni doing some serious gameplanning to figure out how to make the Lakers feel what the Rockets are doing instead of dictating and getting everything they want.

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

We simply cant guard lebron the way the lakers guard james. With his size we can try to send a double and he can easily pass right over the top the defense and completely pick us apart. We have no answer for him and he knows it. We have to live with it. Our best chance to win is to do better on the role players and hope lebrons jumper cools off.

15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Dantoni bringing up the tired legs excuse again yet he won’t change his ways. What happen to expanding the rotation? If Rivers and McLemore aren’t cutting it, guess what, you have Carroll. You have Luc. At least you know they will defend and grab some f**** rebounds.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

If our hopes are residing on carroll and luc we are in big trouble. 8 man rotation is fine especially considering there is no travel but we were missing house which is actually a big deal for us.

17. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Here's an easy answer: do something off-ball instead of standing around in the back.

DaDakota and bro2044 like this.
  18. adoo

adoo Member

there is no D in Antoni

19. HardenVolumeOne

most efficient for any player in HISTORY giving 70% TS while averaging 30 is basically 2016 regular season steph curry

pr0wler likes this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

Luc could do better on Lebron than what Eric Gordon is doing