1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/10/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 9, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he is innocent, then whoever made false accusations should be held accountable and that player should pay the price of being disqualified for screwing us over. If that person wore a Lakers jersey then we should be given automatic wins for every game he was out for their so called investigation. Our small ball style play is based on 3 pt shots and to take our best 3 pt shot player out by false statements is inexcusable. That's grounds for us to protest our losses.

If,...........and ONLY if, House did break the bubble rules then I say we made a HUGE mistake even giving that kid (not man) a chance on this team. If he can't be trusted to protect himself, his teammates, and others from following rules set out to protect them from Covid-19 then that doesn't say much for him as a person or a teammate.

We trusted him by signing him for the big league money. If he didn't take his role seriously to step up and give us his all during the playoffs then he doesn't deserve another day in a Rockets uniform. Its actually a slap in the face of his team and fans for giving a selfish immature G-League guy a spot that other guys would have fought tooth and nail to have been given. How can you trust a selfish kid like that to change? Seriously.

BigShasta, Hakeemtheking and jcmoon like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think we should clean 'house' no matter what.

Keep Roco, give Tucker a smaller, 1 year deal.

Ride this out till a rebuild.

I like House but he is not Tyler Herro.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, we need a forward who can make a play and score other than catch and shoot when wide open. I also think that unless we commit to taking 50 three's a game we need a true center.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2 guys are a must no matter if they start.

6'9 Center and 6'10 or 6'11 backup.

Wished we had Butler instead of Brodie but that's a pipedream.

Heat, Celts and Raps showed.

6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Might stop watching after Saturday. The irony is that justice doesn't matter so there's a glaring contrast to the bubble theme and what's going on during this series.

Little Bit and jcmoon like this.
  8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

No. Just pointing out Ive been watching a whack sport.

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he’s still one of the best values in the league we aren’t giving up for nothing

10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

If the Rockets are out, will be rooting for the Raptors or Celtics to beat LA (whichever one of those two mercenary bands emerges from the West) and win it all.

HP3 and BigShasta like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Last nights game made me sad.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fair article. Harden doesn’t care to end the narrative. He deserves it.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

21 points on 20 free throws and 2-11 FG made won't cut it from your superstar.

Little Bit and deb4rockets like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's not that guy. Everyone can see it except the blind homers here who then call them "haters" & "biased" and whatever else.
    Are you even a fan? :D

How many more? How many more chokes, coming up short do you need to see?
    We saw it in OKC in the Finals. 8 playoff runs now with the Rockets.

(LOL And I'm still supposed to believe the Rockets would have "rolled" LeCavs in 2018.)
    ("But but but put Harden on the Raptors in place of Kawhi last year and he would have won too! Kawhi got super-duper lucky!") Oh would he? :rolleyes:

So many with head in the sand, in denial, who want to again tweak around the edges.
    Maybe let's just change the head coach. Maybe that'll work? Maybe let's just change out some veteran minimum role players? Maybe that'll work?
    Stop trying to tweak around the edges.
    Rip the band-aid off. Stop fooling yourselves. James Harden ain't that guy.

They've tried it all. They've changed it all. Owners, coaches, star players, role players, small ball, big ball.
    Two constants: Morey-Harden

"Some people are built for it, some people shy away from it."

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

This just throws more salt into the would that was the 2018 WCF.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

^^^Playoff Harden in peak form.

Does he have another "concussion"? :D

BigShasta likes this.
  18. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

First time in 40 years that all 3 Houston teams play on the same day, and them going 0-3 is the most Houston Sports thing ever.

bro2044 likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

If he's found guilty I would dispute that hands down, but until then I'll agree.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

last night game was very disheartening how much of it was the team being distracted of what is going on with House I am not sure.

At this point what annoys me the most is its been 3-4 days - House is suspended before the NBA gives its ruling on what happened based on its investigation. I dont think I've ever seen that before. Chandler was back with the team. If this was a potential COVID breach then the whole team should have been quarantined prior to the start of game 3. This whole thing seems really fishy and I can't help but feel some sort of retaliation from the NBA towards the Rockets over the china fiasco. This series is being blacked out in china and so the league wants this series over ASAP. The Rockets looked strong after game 1 so of course Foster was assigned to game 2. Despite great adjustments by LA and an amazing hot start the Rockets were able to make game 2 super competitive down the stretch and it was a completely winnable game. So now suspending House for the rest of the series. House isnt a guy most casual fans know about but he is an integral piece to this Rockets team. They could have potentially won game 3 with house just based on he would have played more minutes given guys better rest and Rivers and McLemore wouldn't have been out there getting completely burned on defense. It was too late for the coaching staff to make serious adjustments with the last minute edict from the league. Game 4 everyone just looked like the life was sucked out from them as a team, maybe they know something we dont know. Like even if they would have won game 4 and the series that the league would keep handing out "suspensions" via quarantine in the name of "league safety" until they were out of the bubble. I think this year more so than any year without GS out there the league def does NOT want the Rockets to win after all that happened with the team and China at the start of the season.

If House is "found guilty" then he deserves the suspension and all but that should be determined AFTER he is determined to be guilty with concrete evidence not circumstantial. At least what has been said so far by reporters it seemed Chandler was implicated - yet he was on the bench last night with the team so to me this seems to be a targeted effort by the league to handicap the Rockets.

All that above being said - I am not shocked that MDA did not have the team prepared at all and that is inexcusable from him and his staff. For a guy who is such an offensive genius the team's offense has been abysmal and there has been no changes whatsoever. MDA needs to go - there should have been no excuse to have the team so ill prepared and give such a poor effort in the biggest game of the year. Even guys like RoCO and Tucker who are usually the most focused looked fairly checked out.