1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 5/8/2009 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gasol16

Gasol16 Member

+2 i think we got it though ;)

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

3. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

THIS IS WAR!!

4 more hours...

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Any word on Deke attending ? I hope he will sit on the bench and cheer the guys on. He's #1 in supporting the team and great at pointing out fouls to the officials. Had Deke been able to be there in LA, whether in uniform or not, he would've let them known how he feels about it. We would've seen the death stare on several occasions and need some of that tonight :)

5. trainwreck

trainwreck Member

"Kobe you need to relax, your hitting the wrong person...don't you know your hitting Ron Artest" - Ron Artest

I Love Ron-Ron!!! Kick Kobes a$$!!! GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!

6. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

7. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

8. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

Okay, we know you don't like Brooks.

They will try to get Yao the ball. Okay? I think they know that their best chance to win goes through him. Brooks has been playing hard, and all the hating is getting really, really old.

9. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

LA Times, 5/8/2009

"Bryant was asked if he expected anything extra out of Artest tonight.

"I don't know," Bryant proclaimed. "Do I look like I care?"

Fightin' words!

10. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

An appropriately childish comment.

11. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Aaron Brooks is the reason why he hasn't been getting the ball. He's been playing hard? So what? What's your point. Chuck Hayes plays hard and he's not a starter. :rolleyes:

12. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

My point is that I disagree with your assumption that he is the reason Yao has not been getting the ball. What do you propose he do? Suddenly learn to pass a lob? Suddenly grow a few inches?

My point, dude, is that everyone can see that our guard play has been spotty at best, and if they could get the ball to Yao they would do that. Adelman understands the issue and I'm sure they are doing their best to correct it. We may just have to accept the fact that Yao will again be marginalized.

Do you think we should play Lowry more? Do you think that would help? Or run Barry at the point? What's your recommendation?

13. Chamillionaire

we need to clamp down on defense and hit our shots, we can win this. they are scared. let's get one tonight!

14. zzc1818

zzc1818 Member

Go Rox!! Let's made histroy

beat LA!! beat LA!! :mad: :mad:

15. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Hahaha..what were you expecting? A classy response? Respect for his opponent?

NAH!! Kobe offers neither of these.

16. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

My take on Kobe and the real champions.. the ROCKETS!

The Difference Between a Champion and a.. Well, a Kobe

Yesterday at 3:45pm | Edit Note | Delete
    What is a champion? Is it simply the person that's left standing when the dust settles? Or is there something more to a champion?

Besides the winning and other quantifiable measures of being a champion, there is the humility, the strength, the ability, and the wisdom. Being a true champion entails not just excelling at what you do, but excelling in a way which inspires. A champion uses his mind to overcome obstacles--he digs deeper than imaginable, and musters up the strength and courage to do what is unthinkable. A champion should be the epitome of a human being, inspiring greatness onto others. A champion should be courageous in his path, able to admit failure, pick himself up, and use wisdom and perseverance to try again.

Kobe Bryant will never be a "champion" in my book. His pettiness on the court is just that, petty. He resorts to outright thuggery. He takes cheap shots when he thinks no one is looking. And worst of all, he plays only for the glory of himself, inspiring others only as a means to an end. He struts pompously about the court with a sense of entitlement, complaining when things do not go his way. When he speaks, it seems as if he expects a championship to be handed to him, while the present is just a way for him to add drama to his fabled story. He shows absolutely no class, and portrays a sense that he expects his opponents to lie down and crumble for him.

Well, Mr. Kobe, I've got news for you. The Houston Rockets, true champions in my book, will not succumb to your thuggery. We may not physically fight back after your cheap elbows, but we will get up stronger and with more determination to succeed. We will not tolerate your miscreant acts, and we will come together as a team, as champions, to wake you from your dreams of a storybook ending.

Kobe Bryant--he may be good on the court, but a real champion shows class and defeats his opponent with ability and wisdom, not thuggery. A real champion respects his opponent and does not look down on him. A real champion must also conquer something Kobe Bryant has not: the becoming of a virtuous human being.

17. Rocketman2002

Rocketman2002 Member

Hope Rockets activate Dorsey for this game and de-activate James White. Cause if it gets dirty and we are losing, we might as well have Dorsey elbow a laker and earn his money.

Even if he dont lay sum1 out, at least he can provide an intimadation factor.

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!! BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

18. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Somebody needs to give Kobe a really, REALLY hard foul tonight, just to send a message.

19. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

We are going to CRUSH the fakers tonight.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

For what it's worth, Farmar is listed as the Lakers' starter in the game notes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.