1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 4/25/2004 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2004.

1. sup123

sup123 Member

ill be the negative one today: Rockets 84 La 90.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You must be punished.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Fine I'll do it.

Lakers: 200.
    Rockets: 2.

Matt Bullard comes out of retirement and plays the last minute of the 4th and pulls an "Air" Bull dunk right on Malone's grill and steps on his ankle which snaps and causes Malone to twist his knee.

4. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Rockets 91
    Lakers 86

Big games from Yao and Stevie.

5. Stack24

Steve was on during this game. I think Yao is going to show that he can step up and take some of it and together we will win by 7.

Even after a win we are still the underdog in the Las Vegas Lines....no respect. Oh well gives me a reason to win again =)

6. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

this is a MUST win game...if we can tie..then the series would start all over again....is we lose..it's over

7. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

LOL it's ZRB

:D

8. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

man I'm still pissed at those fags at ESPN.

watched the whole game on 51, but wanted to record it on espn replay at 2 am and idiots after every commercial break or so would say "due to time constraints we will be forwarding the action after this break"

and above all MISSED FRANCIS LAYUPS !!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    '

will be sure to record game from the original start time this time so I don't miss it .. will also watch it of course :)

ahh... btw

Rockets even it up at home :D

2-2 heading back to L.A.

no box score predictions, just a good solid victory.

look for yao to lead the way this time however!:)

9. SRSonic

SRSonic Contributing Member

Rockets win 93-80

Karla breaks his knee and Shaq twists his ankle, setting up for Rockets to win the series in 6 games

10. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Exactly what's in my mind!;)

But seriously, this is the game I expect both team play very hard, and the score will be very close since they knew each other much better know. Defense will be the theme this game.

#30 daoshi, Apr 24, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2004
  11. Stack24

Hey to anyone that went to the game did the rockets have that banner that read Destination Finals with the 16 games on it? Like the one in LA and other cities where they have the number crossed out after each win?

Just going to look nice with that banner and the number one Crossed out here in houston =)

12. rvpals

rvpals Member

There's NO WAY WE're GOING TO LOSE THIS GAME.

We never lost on ABC this season.

Go Rox.

Lakers are on their way to early summer vacation, let's kick them out.

Remember to give special regard to Karl Malone, he's a**hole.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I want to see this picture again, while we're whoopin' the Fakers butt from here to California.

DESTROY THE FAKERS!!!

Rockets 95
    Fakers 88

14. daRox

daRox Member

destroy the lucking fakers!!! Rox win 104 - 90

15. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Anyone Lucky Enough to Go to Game 4: GET LOUD FOR ALL OF US AT HOME!!!!

Home team will FEED off the energy. Game 3 on TV was electric even to us viewers at home. The Rox are an emotional team. A little cheer goes a long way.

Oh yeah, and Kobe DOES suck.

:D

theSAGE

16. vincejas

vincejas Member

The game 3 win was just the tip of the iceberg of what the rockets could do once they r in the playoffs. They havent proven anything yet. The suns beat the spurs in game 1 of last years playoffs too. A victory in game 4, with the whole world watching, with the franchise having a triple double 20 pts, 10 rebs and 10 ast and yao in his best game in the series 28 pts 12 rebs and 3 blks including a huge one against kobe would set the stage for the clutchcity reborn. Its lakers in 6

17. xcharged

xcharged Member

Olajuwon's dropping 45 on those fools...

"And they will know his name is Hakeem, as he lays his vengence
    down upon thee."

after effects of Game 3 may very...please consult your local physician.

18. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

The Lakers age is showing. They look vulnerable. Except for the 3rd Quarter of Game 2, we have been right there with the Lakers the whole series, and been ahead a lot.

I like our chances at home Sunday afternoon. Stevie is stepping up bigtime, and he continues to do so...

Rockets 101
    Lakers 94

CLUTCH CITY FOREVER

19. Rock101

Rock101 Member

My only criticism goes to the fans at the game!!!!! I sat in Section 407, and 80% of the people on that section could care less about the game. They did not get up and they didnt even cheer when we were scoring baskets. It just upsets me that this kind of people go to the game. I yelled my ass of....beat the crap out of the "thunder sticks".....what is wrong with this idiots that cant cheer......if they dont care, then they should just not buy the tickets and let a real fan buy them instead. OHHH, and whats up with the lower level seats!!! There were plenty of emplty seats downstairs......and for the love of something, leave your house early and get to game on time!!!! I also saw people leaving the arena when it was 90-86 and we went to the time-out...how pathetic!! What, trying to beat traffic on a Friday night?? I will be there for game 4, hopefully we will get a better crowd, specially in my section. If you were at the game, please feel free to chime in on your opinions.

20. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

we lost to the Kings 99-94 on abc. ironically we also lost 99-94 to the kings on espn during superbowl week.