1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 4/10/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2016.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Didn't watch the game. I was almost shocked LA put up 110.

Those who want Houston to make the playoffs better pray the Mavs win. No way Dallas looses to SAS and Jazz to LA

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL

The game was done a couple hours ago. You watching the replay breh

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I agree as well. Phoenix did us in. Even if the Rockets win out(and I seriously question their chances in Minnesota tomorrow), the odds of us getting in are slim. Either Dallas has to lose twice with their final game being at home against San Antonio who have no incentive to try that night. Or Utah has to lose at least once and they've got the Mavs at home and the hapless Lakers at LA.

And BTW, the Spurs may have some incentive to let Dallas win the last day of the season. If the Mavs have a shot at passing Memphis in the standings, San Antonio would forfeit if they could. The Spurs would much rather get the decimated Grizzlies than the still somewhat intact Mavs in the first round.

Basically it comes down to tomorrow night. The Mavs have to beat Utah and the Rockets have to beat the T'Wolves.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think the Spurs look at any of this standings math. There was some scenario last year where they had to get a result against the Pelicans and laid an egg and wound up playing the Clippers. I wonder if they have learned their lesson or won't care again.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

41 three point attempts? Now that's the Moreyball Rockets I've grown to love

6. rocketsmetalspd

I see the Jazz wining tomorrow night. Rockets must win against the T-Wolves. Mavericks will have a cake walk on Wednesday against the Spurs who will rest all their key players. The only hope will be IF the Rockets are to get in will be for the Lakers to defeat the Jazz on Kobe's last game at the Staples Center. Rockets must win out though.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i think we're screwed. If we're lucky
    :rolleyes:
    we'll face the Warriors.

8. Rocketeer4Life

Damn why the heck did we win!! Grrr...

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't expect the Rockets to win in Minnesota. The T'Wolves have been playing better lately. And to be honest, I don't even know if our guys care about reaching the postseason.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So we can get the worst possible lottery pick/odds.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

What an embarrassing time to be alive!

12. dawesome

dawesome Member

Surely tmrw becomes the biggest game of the season for Rockets. A must win for us. As for my point of view, Dallas will go all out tmrw against Utah, they can't afford to take a chance of losing tmrw and hope they can win easily against Spurs. If Dallas take it for granted, they will be in trouble with lots of pressure on their last game.

13. wny

wny Member

They want that seed.

14. Fiah

Fiah Member

Bring the Warriors.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Damnit, I wanted Kobe to go for 40 not James!! Amazing how easy he makes it look, it was like he was still young and just torched us. Young Kobe could easily have broken his 82 point record here.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

but he never did

17. ibm

ibm Member

didnt catch the game. a rare miss of a rockets game for me. how the hell we let a 55-yrs old kobe score that many points?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

It was basically a YMCA pickup game.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

did the rockets learn how to play defense? of course a great player would exploit it. that's easy for him