1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 2/8/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2006.

1. paxil

paxil Member

Actualy 4.5, if we win, Utah is going to be the 8th seed.

2. xiayun78

xiayun78 Member

Let's continue the march for that No. 7 seed. I know I'm looking way way ahead, but I'd love to see us climb that high at the end of the season, and maybe with some luck, we could be playing Clippers in the first round. Yeah, I'm dreaming. :)

3. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Member

omg i hate the games on KNWS the quality of the broadcast is soooo horrificly bad, it hurts to watch it. you can only watch it on a small 5 inch TV to where you already couldn't read the score or know the players numbers.

when will all local games be broadcast in HD. that would be the day.

4. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Well looking at the standings. If Lakers lose they would tie with Utah for the 8th spot. So the Rockets indeed will be 4 games behind the 8th spot not 4.5

5. m_cable

m_cable Member

When the tipoff gets close, go to this website:

http://www.pplive.com/web/html/NewEnglishpCatalog_tPMwOAMQ_subcatalog_UwcAbwcgdAcw0.html

And hit play for the channel with the highest "quality". Those are usually the rocket games.

Personally, I like to use PPstream instead. It's built-in interface always features the rocket games when they come on with a handy picture of the opponents. Like this:

[​IMG]

Just click on the blue button that I circled and the channel will come on automatically. And even without the picture on the side, if you click on the channels with the highest percentage, those are almost always the sporting events.

You can download ppstream here: http://www.ppstream.com/download/ppstreamsetup127.exe

Unfortunately some people haven't gotten PPstream to work. But I'd imagine that if you can get pplive to work you should be able to do ppstream. Good Luck.

6. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

^ ppstream is okay, but buffering takes a long time sometimes. pplive is the way to go if you are impatient...their new version allows you to select cctv-5 and espn directly thru the program.

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I hope tmac will be okay tonight...I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but truthfully, I didn't look too hard :eek: , but tmac had to stay in the trainer's room an extended amount of time on Monday b/c of lightheadness and fatigue after that bad game he had in Philly. Damn, his back, and now he's getting fatigued even with Yao shouldering some of the load. Not good. :( Cmon! Be tough Tmac!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3179

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

So I got the player to work, so it should show the game once tip off gets closer?

9. m_cable

m_cable Member

Yup. I haven't had any of the problems with ppstream that other people have reported. If you've got it to work now, it should be fine when it comes to gametime and more users log on.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Cool deal, thanks man! Should I just keep the sound off, kind of figure it'll probably be in something I don't understand..

11. redeeming

redeeming Member

Nah~~~~~~ just give yourself a chance to learn spoken Mandarin! It will pay off in the future of your life, believe or not ;)

12. Skazo

Skazo Member

Yeah, its in Chinese.

13. thephatp

thephatp Member

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help, m_cable. Man, I LOVE this BBS!!! :D

14. mmesser

mmesser Member

i was at a lecture today and met the ex-ambassador of Mexico to China. Brilliant guy!

Rockets 108
    Lakers 92

15. Uprising

Uprising Member

Thanks for the info M-Cable. I'm attempting to use this ppstream program.
    I believe I got it to work because there is a soccer game on right now.

16. omair

omair Member

So i dl and install the ppstream, then when its running i click in the button with yao and shaq and it should come up?

17. Uprising

Uprising Member

so there isn't a pregame is there? I guess the game feed will start just after tip off.

18. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

For pplive users is it on espn ?

19. jeffjwang

jeffjwang Member

I have testing all those tv streaming software. The most stable and fastest buffer time is TVKOO. It's also very clean, just download and run it (no installation needed). It's far better than PPLive and PPStream.

www.tvkoo.com

20. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

Jon Barry won't be activated for tonights game. This is becoming a head scratcher.