1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 2/8/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is happening to everyone with NBALP. There are only 9 LP channels. And since ESPN is taking a late game (9:30 EST Bulls/Nuggets) that means there are too many "early" games and thus LP can't carry all the games. Sucks that the Rockets game gets the short end of the stick! So basically we are left with only watching the 2nd half of the game. NBALP used to be 11 channels and this problem wasnt an issue, but moving it down to 9 really creates problems on nights in which there is a huge slate of games and NBATV or ESPN aren't picking up any of the early matchups.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Thanks for answering my question.

Can't tell you how irritated I am about this. I mean it's freaking pay per view, you'd think they figure out a way actually give the customer the option to watch everything they paid for.

I guess I just better hope the first game is a quick one

3. zhao1109

zhao1109 Member

Lakers is good team with KOBE and ODOM.

KOBE is such great player that he can take over the game and totally unstoppable

4. pirc1

pirc1 Member

TMAC cann't do that when he is on? :confused:

5. arif1127

arif1127 Member
    Supporting Member

Since we league passers can't watch the first half, does anyone know if CCTV is showing tonights game?

6. m_cable

m_cable Member

It's a high for this putrid year, but it doesn't even scratch the kinds of threads we had last year.

Ever since Shaq left, Yao has straight up owned every Laker big man they've thrown at him (seriously, Yao's had some of the best games of his career against the lakers the past couple of years), expect Bynum to continue that proud tradition.

7. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

I thought NBATV was showing this game?

8. thephatp

thephatp Member

Now that Yao is back, any chance this game is on CCTV-5 tonight??

Can't read chinese to check schedules.

Thanks!

- thephatp

9. bestgao

bestgao Member

Lakers is not a good team any more with KOBE and any other star-level player playing together becuase he would make other players look so stupid and useless compared with him.
    And sure KOBE can take over the game and totally unstoppable going down!

10. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

we need to beat the lakers becuase they are the #8 seed right now.
    and..
    WE HATE THE LAKERS!!

BEAT LA

11. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Member

What's all this talk about DA coming back tonight? Did I miss something, or is that just based on the Keith Jones timetable and the Rockets' being at home?

12. stonegate_archer

why is this??? I am pass holder and it is terrible if it is true. Don't understand it though, they never show 2 games on one channel. It only happens on TNT. Please enlighten me.

13. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Member

Ask for your money back, or some kind of reimbursment

14. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

Tonights game is on tv 51 tonight in the Houston area. Also with Tmac and Yao both playing we should get this victory and go to 20-29 on the season. Only 4 games back of the 8th seed if we win. Go Rockets!!!

15. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

Also I know Derek Anderson will be back tonight but will Barry finally suit up for tonights game? Give me some info if you have any. Go Rockets!!!

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

tried that today after I found out I'd miss half of another Rockets game, they pretty much told me tough $&^$ :mad:

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Take a look at Deuce post in response to me....pretty much was Comcast told me ealier

It's crap but it's apparently happening to everyone.

18. joeguo

joeguo Contributing Member

It's Beijing TV and Shandong TV through PPlive

19. thephatp

thephatp Member

I've caught a game on one of these, but that was because someone posted the link on the BBS. Without a link, how do I get to these stations? And are you talking about watching it streaming through a website, or streaming throught the actual PPLive app that you download? One link I tried just took me to a chinese site that I couldn't read, and I couldn't figure out how to watch the game. It looked like streaming through the website.

Is there a way I can find the channel without reading chinese? If not, could you post a link when the game comes on?

Thanks for the info and help!

- thephatp

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Can some one give us the 411 on that, esp. since I'll have to miss the first half due to Comcast