1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 2/8/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2006.

1. solid

solid Member

I though Odom was out; he played in Dallas. This will now be a tougher game. If the Lakers lose they will go below .500, they will not want to do that. The Rocks need it more, will win but it will be close, by 6.

2. lyu03

lyu03 Member

Why stupid? T-Mac is hurt. Kobe is in his prime. I am not a Kobe fan. But the truth is the truth. Are you blind?

3. nappdog

nappdog Member

[​IMG]

4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

Well if one thing we can be assured of after Phil Jackson complaining about the officiating in their last game it's that the Rockets will not only have to play the Lakers but will have to overcome the striped shirts as well. It's going to be a frustrating game from that standpoint but it must end with a win for the Rockets.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

What is the O/U for Kobe?

35?

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

We win...

Rox: 96

Kobe: 91

7. real_egal

real_egal Member

We are used to that anyways. Yao would not get the benefit of doubt facing anyone in the league not named Yao. Facing Lakers? Yao has to set the tone early. My only worry is that they will waive Yao's turn around jumper and call him for an offensive call when he gets smashed on the arm in the second minute. But that's a must win, and we will get it done.

8. m_cable

m_cable Member

Someone's got a man crush. Time to update the "Brokeback Rockets" 'shop with T-mac and Yao?

9. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

Yeah, that and Kobe jumping into him because he now knows after coach buddhas comments that he will get all the calls. I'm just asking that Violet Palmer not be part of the officiating crew for tonights game.

10. real_egal

real_egal Member

Oh God, please don't make my worry affect my work even more. Violet Palmer? That's not equal opportunity, just a frigging joke!

11. KDavis

KDavis Member

Rox 93- Lakers 88

Man i really like the comments by yao and Tmac. All the tracy haters need to calm down he will be just fine, He is not less athlethic, he is streaky and tired he will be fine.

KD

12. bestgao

bestgao Member

You don't know what 'school' means, do u?
    There is no way Kobe could do that do Tracy even Kobe is in his prime and T-Mac is hurt.
    We'll see how stupit the statment is soon!

13. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Ever since the 81 point game Kobe has really been quiet, he isn't even shooting all that much. I guess all the hating got to him and he started passing the ball more, no wonder the Lakers have been on a losing streak! Hopefully the streak will continue. Go Rox.

14. stonegate_archer

Wow, 93 posts BEFORE the game, must be a new high!!!

15. mitbbs

mitbbs Member

Let's kick lakers ass.

16. TIM BREAUX

TIM BREAUX Member

BIG game toinight...Yao and TMAC blow up...Kobe fades without a legit big man. Let that be a lesson to all of you who think TMAC can CARRY this team...that big fella out there changes alot of stuff that goes on...and he draws alot of attention. Kobe is one of the most talented players in the history of the NBA...but without a legit big man (and it doesn't have to be Shaq) he plays for a losing team.

TMac is similar...he is great...or at least damn good...but without a big fella...mostly ordinary results...at least in the W/L's and standings.

Great individual #'s without victories = great individual #'s without victories.

17. TIM BREAUX

TIM BREAUX Member

Oh yeah...GO ROCKETS!!!

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

I just checked my listed for Comcast League pass and it looks like they are going to pull the same crap they did last Wed. The Warriors vs. Wiz are schedule to play on the same channel that the Rockets are being shown on at 6pm.

I'm going to be so freaking pissed if I'm made to miss the first half again because of Comcast jackass scheduling, what the heck am I paying for? Anyone else having this issue??

19. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

People stop saying tmac is hurt if he is hurt you wont see him on the court tonight. His back might be lingering in his mind but dont worry for all the "TMAC's Back" club its getting ridiculous at how much people are scared of his back. The season has been frustrating but his back will not be an issue like legs to penny hardaway, mark my words, tmac has greatness in him for 5 years after that well see. Tmac steps up tonight and Yao plays hard again double digit rebounds for Yao tonight. The winning continues.

20. code9x

code9x Member

Yao needs to take Bynum to school.....after the game which Bynum spin move on shaq and dunked......he seems cocky. says Yao is the next target, Duncan too....

punk a$$ little kid, think he is all bad because he did one good move on Shaq....get real, you haven't done anything.