1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 2/8/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2006.

1. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

Are you kidding? Last time T-Mac had the defensive assignment on Kobe was last season, and he did great...we won that game, too.

Kobe didn't, and won't school McGrady, McGrady may not be a defensive stopper, but when he sets his mind to it, he's a good defender with those long arms to slap the ball away.

Anyways, they won't be guarding eachother most likely. T-Mac should be able to bomb on Odom, oh wait, he's not playing!

Mihm isn't playing either apparently, so that might mean more minutes for Andrew Bynum, and if he dunk on Shaq...

2. Visagial

Visagial Member

That Bynum dunk on Shaq was pretty weak. He just faked Shaq on a spin and had a wide open dunk.

3. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

I was kidding. It's not like Bynum threw it down OVER Shaq, but yeah he did spin on him and then threw down an open one. It was a nice spin though.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Odom is back. Not a gimme anymore.

5. bestgao

bestgao Member

That's just plain stupid statment!

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Member

Odom will play. Mihm won't. I believe DW guarded Kobe the last time we played them and thats not a matchup I want if Kobe is on, we saw how successful Toronto was by not doubling the best player in the NBA so if he is on fire throw everything and the kitchen sink at him.

7. bigdawgtt

bigdawgtt Member

Kobe is having a bad shooting night in Dallas. The Rockets guards better be ready cuz he isn't gonna suck two nights in a row.

8. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Member

i think tommarows game is a must win we can cut it to 4 games back with a win ill be there

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

Lakers will be angry and desperate for a win. Danger Game.

10. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Member

tmac is in no way as athletic as he was last year

11. Uprising

Uprising Member

Lakers lose again, I see the Rockets rolling over the Lakers tomorow night.

12. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

Yeah...or they will be sad and depressed and have no energy on the back-to-back after losing :D .

Oh man i forgot about that.

I guess I just connect Rocket wins w/ a healthy (or playing, for that matter) T-Mac :p .

Oh well he'll show that even though he doesn't (or can't, whatever) score as much as Kobe, he'll get the W.

13. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Member

im sure van gundy will work something heknows how to get the ball out of the hands of the star player im more worried about odom i expect swift to play him

14. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Member

Everyone is saying TMac never bring a team pass the 1st round playoffs.

But we are still waiting for Kobe bringing his team into the playoffs without Shaq.

15. aznboi

aznboi Member

THANK YOU! People complain too much.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

great point, and thats part of what kobe wanted.

17. ergo

ergo Member

Rockets win their 5th in a row!
    T-Mac and Kobe frustrate each other while Yao abuses the Lakers' frontline.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

I feel like this is a pivotal game in terms of confidence. The Lakers are on the upswing and in everyone's rear-view mirror, except the Spurs and, as evidenced last night, the Mavs. I believe we will cream them tonight and continue our confidence upswing!

19. sino

sino Member

Let's win the next two first. Laker and Jazz are 8th and 9th seed. If we shot for the playoff, these two are must wins.

20. Rockets007

Rockets007 Member

Interesting quote from T-Mac. Mcgrady taking charge of the rockets!!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/3643752.html

"As far as myself and Yao, we play well together. The offense runs through myself and through Yao. Know your role. If you're a spot-up shooter, do your role. If you're a ball mover, do that. Just do your role and understand everything runs between us two."

Added Yao: "We had a lot of people hurt so we didn't play very well in the first half. Right now, everybody's back. We need to pick it up and make it up."