1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 2/8/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2006.

1. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

What should our gamplan on Kobe be? Should we double team him? Deny him the ball? Let him kill us, but shut down the rest of the team? What do u guys think?

2. oschadha

oschadha Member

Not only is Odom out, but so is Mihm! No excuses if we lose this game. Kobe is good, but he is not better than both Mcgrady and Ming combined.

3. stonegate_archer

We are 5.5 games behind now, if lakers lose to Dallas and Rockets, we will be 4 games behind, not 3.5

4. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Member

A must win to battle for the 8th seed.

Rockets 107
    Lakers 100

5. RocketForever

RocketForever Member

May be if you can take off your hater glasses for a moment and try to appreciate all the good things a player has done rather than nitpicking on his only fault of an otherwise perfect game, you will have a more happy life.

5th of a 10 games winning streak which I have predicted. GO ROCKETS!!!

#45 RocketForever, Feb 7, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  6. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

no he looked fine maybe he was stiff a little but the ny game he took over for a brief period then his shot just left but i think hes fine if he isnt complaining he is fine if he is playing hes fine, Tmac isnt going to play with a hurt back he a) Doesnt want to risk a horrible injury he knows his back is a problem i.e. Carter playing 3 games in a row with a really noticable bad back and B) JVG doesnt want Tmac playing with a bad back JVG thinks playing with injuries "hurts" the team no matter who the player may be.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Is DA going to play? We will need him not for scoring purpose, but using him to give Kobe different looks on the defensive end. Double, tripple team Kobe, let the other lakers prove they can beat us.

8. zhao1109

zhao1109 Member

I am not hater. But if you watched closely in the late 3th, YAO missed at least 3-4 easy layup and even he was angry at himself.

He can not let it happen when we face team like SPURS/SUNS/LACS

9. barryxzz

barryxzz Member

Yao is always angry at himself for missing a shot or FT, kind of like JVG is always complaining about the efforts of his players. :)

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

post #50 for the fifth

woohoo!

11. RocketForever

RocketForever Member

Right, that's exactly my point. You have make one comment on his last game and that comment is based on a few missed shots in the 3rd quarter of the whole game.

By the way, I called you a hater not because of that one single post only.

12. bestgao

bestgao Member

If I were JVG, I would not double team Kobe. I would rather limit other players' score. We have enough good defensive players to play KB single coverage. Let him score 50, 60 or even 70 (although I don't believe he would with JVG's defense system) and lose. When he gets tired and wants to share some balls, his teammates should be handcold enough not to score anything. And 81pts won't happen again if any player pays enought attention on him, not mention we have flying Bowen and long arm Tracy.
    It's a must win for Rockets!!!

13. zhao1109

zhao1109 Member

Ha, some people used to call me YOF, now you think I am YOH, :D :D

Well, asking him more doesnt mean I hate him. He certainly can do better and now it's the show time for him and TMAC

14. mmesser

mmesser Member

T-Mac 78
    Kobe 63

Rockets 108
    Fakers 91

15. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Member

Every game is a must win at this point in the season. We need to come out and dominate these jive turkeys. Kobe, Mr. 81? Say hello to #1, T-mac, who will school you...........

16. lyu03

lyu03 Member

Seriously, it will be the other way around if T-Mac plays Kobe straight up. But Kobe cannot do it all. Rox win by 11.

17. Visagial

Visagial Member

No way JVG let's Kobe go off. Kobe will get the Tmac treatment and hopefully the refs won't give him the AI treatment we saw the other day. I say this is a blowout, but Kobe takes 25 free throws.

18. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

The Lakers only worry me because they jack up so many threes and make the against us, since JVG's defensive philosophy challenges players to beat you from the outside...which the Lakers have always taken advantage of.

Hopefully a win, but we need to come out blazin' from the gates and make sure to put away as early as we can and keep on scoring...

19. Freik

Freik Member

Play good perimeter defense and its a lock. I wouldn't double Kobe unless hes just on fire. Between Wesley in his face, and T-Mac and maybe soem flying Ryan he will have decent coverage on him all night.

20. RocketForever

RocketForever Member

I think Kobe and the gang will try to take it inside to put Yao in foul trouble. That's usually what the Lakers do when they play us.