1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 2/8/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

by that of course, i meant to caption this pic.. :eek:

2. Rob English

Rob English Member

"Hmm", here's a couple more pics for you to caption:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. barryxzz

barryxzz Member

You are so cold. Don't you feel anything for Tmac? :(

EDIT: Geez, does Kobe have to emulate MJ that much? Look at his tongue.

4. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill, seriously.

So it was a bad loss. We know. We know our guys didn't come to play. They didn't bring their game and they got beat. But I don't think it warrants all this weeping and gnashing of teeth. Just read the first three pages of this thread and you'd be amazed at how fickle some of our fans are. Unfortunately we're not going undefeated in February after all. Fine. We pick up the pieces on Saturday and carry on. Now stop crying, you babies. It's not the end of the world.

There might even be a silver lining here -- Chris Paul and Speedy Claxton both got injured last night. So maybe the Hornets will fall out of the playoff picture. That can't hurt our chances.

5. oschadha

oschadha Member

It's not just one game!!! This team lays an egg every damn week.

6. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

So? Plenty of NBA teams lay eggs every week. We're not the Pistons. At least not yet. We're just starting to get our act together.

7. real_egal

real_egal Member

I agree. The effort was simply not there. Besides, recalling TMac words from the day before yesterday, when he talked about "know your role". I think there is something behind the closed door. The guys didn't hustle enough, unlike Hayes, who played every single minute like it was a gift from heaven, appreciated it so much with his 100% energy. Same thing can be said for Bowen, but not guys like Swift.

8. noize

noize Member

Just looking at those T-Mac pic just make wanna cry :( Look at all them, you could tell just by looking at his eyes and body languge that he is hurt mentally and physically. He's not the same T-Mac we saw in the Detroit,Bulls and Bucks game where he dominated. Its like, he's just goin through the motion and waiting for the game to end. No fire,no hussel...nothing. I really hope that its a one time thing and that its just a bad night for him and that he will redeem himself in the next game.

9. qrui

qrui Member

i seriously think there is something wrong with the toyota centre. otherwise how can you explain neither of our 2 star players could shoot at the same game, not even the ft's. ;)

10. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

this team is going crazy last night did anyone notice head was put in then he immediatly made a bad play on the inbounds play and jvg pulled him right out i think a foul or loose ball out of bounds happend. Head glanced over with a real "questionable" look to jvg as to question him, that is not good.

11. Alirules

Alirules Member

Van Gundy and T-Mac cost us the game

Last nights lost to the Lakers only has two blaming parties. Jeff and T-Mac. In the 3rd quarter Kobe scored like 10 points in a row over Wesly.
    Why didn't Van Gundy put Mcgrady on Kobe, or why didn't Mcgrady say screw this, let me go ahed and guard him. When he started to guard him late in the 3rd quarted we had come back from a second double digit comenack which was to much to overcome.

PS. We have to start fast breaking a little more. Last year scond half fast break team needs to come back

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

your not the real Ali are you?

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

tmac looked tired as it is.. i was at the game and the times he decided to guard kobe by himself, u could tell it was taking alot of energy out of him, although it was very tight defense... we needed to comeback from the deficit, that means we needed good offensive possessions.. probably trying to save him some energy.. defending like that takes alot out of u

14. mmesser

mmesser Member

lets quit thinking about the past, and focus on the future! ;)

15. Uprising

Uprising Member

I would say KOBE won the game, instead of TMAC losing it. Give Kudos where they belong. I hate Kobe, but....

Kobe is a hell of a player. TMAC is in a slump, and Yao seems to be joining him.

The other guys seem to be getting out of the slump, like Rafer.

oh well, back to the drawing board.

16. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Brian Cook shooting out of his mind had something to do with us losing.

17. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Member

Tmac played daddy role the night before the game and man i know what it's like having an infant, you have to wake up every two hours and feed the baby! I think that's why he is too tired!

My advise to you tracy is just simply get yourself a freakin nanny, coz' you just gave away a game!!! :eek: Honey will you check my blood pressure!! :D

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I must say the biggest difference between Kobe and T-mac
    is Kobe's Defense. . . Kobe does play both ends with intensity
    If t-mac is overly intense on Defense. . his offense seems to suffer

Rocket River

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Goodness . . .I hope we are not relegated to WISHING for players to get injured

Rocket River