1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 2/8/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2006.

1. dream2franchise

Blame the players for:
    Lack of Effort
    Lack of Smarts
    Lack of Hustle
    Poor Shooting
    Bad decisions

Blame Coach for:
    Poor Substitution
    No Adjustments
    Not realising whats happening in front of his very eyes.

There is only so much coach can be blamed for. Unfortunately all of it hit the fan. We understand that off nights happen, but when some answers are so freaking obvious-it makes you question his ability to coach a professional team.

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Member

No, no, no. Hayes is the savior when you have complete stiffs in Howard and Swift on this team. Swift doesn't even care about basketball, and Howard is just inept in many areas of the game of basketball for a power forward.

Hayes has some issues for sure. The guy is only a rookie, but his issues don't impact the team negatively as much as Juwan's and Swift's issues do.

3. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Member

Why do people go to extremes after a loss? It's just one loss in the Laker's series. The Rockets stil have one more game against them to determine a tie breaker if it is needed. The season is not over.

4. ubigred

ubigred Member

Good news: big crowd ....FINALLY.
    Bad news: they realized why they weren't coming before.

5. richirich

richirich Member

Uh, without Hayes playing, our helpless help defense has been stinking up the joint lately. Van Gundy has been having mental lapses. Teams are sending out their Jon Barrys and Scott Padgetts to nail our stinkin' hides to their trophy room walls. JVG counters with Rybo who just plain sucks. He cannot rebound and he cannot shoot.

JVG was clearly outcoached tonight.

If Barry is healthy then Rybo needs to be on the inactive squad.

Van Gundy you are an IDIOT!! FINALLY HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER.

How to give away a totally winnable game, by JVG. :mad:

6. HeyDude

HeyDude Member

Honestly, we were on the most shaky 4 game winning streak ever, after which we promptly got beaten by a team on a back to back on the road........its close to being over...

7. rwienert

rwienert Member

anyone else notice that wesley is too short to be expected to defend another 2 in the high post?

kobe killed wesley in the 3rd quarter. sure kobe kills lots of people, but...

back in the minnesota game rashad mccants and ricky davis both had field days against wesley and head.

jvg probably didn't need to wait until the 4th quarter to put TMac on kobe....

8. davidwu

davidwu Member

My take is TMAC not fully healthy at all. This one and last one, he was coasting to some extent. Last game, Yao and Alston saved us but no luck this time. TMAC's health is the only thing I worry about right now, a big one though.

9. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Heheh ... the doom and gloom is back already. Dang chill out people -- look at the start and end of this thread and its like ClutchFans is suffering from collective bipolar syndrome or something. It's just one loss. If my gf hadn't called me in the second quarter I would have been around to cheer them on to victory. We'll get them next time. :)

10. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

God thanks you for typing something with sense behind it, not just something that reflects all our feelings about losing. Write with sense guys, come on. Everyone was hating on us last season and we pulled a 50 win season out of no where.

I'm not saying we can do that again, all i'm saying is it's not over until it's over. The losses definately hurt more now than ever, that's for sure, but we're not winning everygame till the end of the season as it is.

We just didn't have anything tonight, no lift, no energy, no hustle. nothing.

Hayes is a beast, but not a savior.

T-Mac is just going through a bad sequence, or maybe he's injured.
    If it's not his back, he's still got knee problems...

The only thing Kobe did that was a difference tonight was take over the game in the end, sort of.

T-Mac didn't/couldn't for whatever reason. I'm wondering why, but he should have.

Usually he does take over the 4th and secure us the win.

People forget that even though he didn't shoot so hott in the knicks game, he had that sweet set up for stro's easy dunk and he iced the game with that dagger jumper. That's the thing he usually does. Not score 81 pts or average 36 ppg.

If you're talking about scoring, tmac is no where near kobe, i'll admit it. (however he DID get 62 pts first and he was the youngest player to avg 30 ppg since bob mcadoo)

BUT I WOULD TAKE EVERY ONE OF THE ROCKETS OVER ANYONE ONE THE LAKERS BECAUSE I BLEED ROCKET RED.

whoever said tmac sucks is a f*cking r****d. i'm sorry i spoke out in anger but god why would you say a thing like that?

all you kobe d*ck lickers and jvg haters shouldn't even call yourselves rockets' fans....

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

im concerned for the fans. this is abuse. we have 2 all stars and we're at the bottom of the league? there's something wrong here.

12. mogrod

mogrod Member

I'm constantly amazed at how under-rated Howard is to many fans. Is he a great rebounder? No. Is he a shot blocker? Of course not. Is he a great one-on-one defender? He is not good but is solid.

The guy brings professionalism, leadership, good passing, great midrange shooting, high basketball IQ, good help defense and a nice post up game. Have y'all forgot how he stepped his game up while Yao was out? He brings A LOT more to this team than the numbers in the box score.

The impact between Swift and Hayes is debatable. But, until Hayes gets better at making his rotations on defense, he is not going to see more of the court. And, ya'll dog Bowen and JVG's liking of him, but he is real good at making those rotations as well as executing traps and presses. He is not in there to be a difference maker. He is in there to fill a specific role and he fills that role pretty well most of the time.

Also remember, because Deke looks like he has fallen completely off the other side of the hill and they are trying to spare his minutes, Swift is the the main backup center and doesn't really effect Hayes' minutes at all.

13. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

ok man you're right none of those games were sure fire wins. i understand that. but just because we JUST got yao back doesn't mean this team is anywhere near it's potential yet.

Yao is still not full strength yet, hell, neither is T-Mac...they need to get their chemistry back. anyone could tell that.

us on the board of all people should realize we're still missing a starting pg, and 2 backup sg's. our center isn't at full strength and neither is our leader.

this is not the end of the world.

this season might not be our time, but it doesn't mean we'll give up, we're not out of it yet.

T-Mac and Yao are entering their primes as basketball players, we've gotten a lot younger than a season ago, i think we're in for a big season next season.

As tigermission1 posted, we are VERY LUCKY to have these 2 players entering their primes.

This team is built around mcgrady and yao, not around hayes, baxter, howard, or anyone else.

the western conference is still ours for the taking. or maybe just that 8th spot. :D

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

The real scary thing is we've had two "all stars" on this team ever since Yao arrived and we're back to where we started.

Injuries aside - it's still mind boggling...

15. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

Yeah i'll admit jvg get's under my skin so much. he's stubborn and he doesn't exactly survey the playing field.

but anyone can tell this season is totally ... well there is no word for it cept f*cked up.

injuries.

are you going to argue against all the experts that had us ranked 2nd in the west coming into this season?

if this season can't work out, next season willl.

JVG, as most of you have forgotten, or choose to ignore, led us to a 50 win season last season.

But in the wake of injuries to star players thats conveniently forgotten.

16. mogrod

mogrod Member

In the words of Rich Bucher: "A basketball team is not a microwaveable burrito. You can't just throw it in there and expect it to be good right off the bat."

This team, because of a ton of injuries, is just now being semi-thrown together. We've squeeked some out against lesser competition, but WE DID squeek them out while trying to find ourselves.

It will come together. It may be too late to make the playoffs, but it will. Rafer is playing AWESOME, Yao is showing great strides, hopefully TMac will get healthier, and the 8-9 man rotation should get more and more set to where players know and excel in their roles.

17. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

Just got back from the game, I dont even know what to say. I could babble on and on but I just dont feel like it. Oh well, 19-30 lets just hope they get back on track saturday night against the team I hate most in professional sports- the Utah Jazz

18. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Alright guys, I am now calm, so what were all of you losers saying again? :p

19. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

9 more loses and the season will be.

jvg didn't necessarily get us 50 wins...tmac did. hell i know for sure 1 game he did (13pts).

tmac goes out with an injury and what do we get..0-13.

tmac stinked it up tonight..what we get..yes a loss.

to me tmac is the one saving jvgs job night in and night out. ;)

20. jlwee

jlwee Member

The only good news is warriors, sonics, wolves, trailblazers and grizzlies all lost today!!!

Some how i got a strange feeling, the rockets gonna finish the season at the 9th spot and barely miss the playoffs by 1 or 2 games.......