1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 12/28/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2021.

1. conquistador#11

The Turk, Gordon, Nwaba and KPJ have the sweetest moves to get to the basket not just on the team but across the league. Green with Nwabas Eurostep would be teleporting out there.

snowconeman22 and aaquaa like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Bo6

Bo6 Member

not sure why everyone is so upset. this was the perfect loss. our young guns good played well, kept it close, and increased our draft odds.

Green and KPJ finally both had a good game together.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Seriously! If Scoot/JG would have had a bad game this place would be crawling with vitriol. Instead we have complaints about the team defensive play in another thread and "who is to blame" LOLLL this place always needs scapegoats for a lack of patience.

Zen Tabak, BigShasta and vator like this.
  5. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Awesome game! I agree. We competed, the young guys played together in a line up that actually gave us visions of the future.

Great game overall for JayGup, Jalen and KPJ. Nwaba is a keeper unless someone comes with a 1st rounder.
    Wood and Ego are the veterans that should net us picks. They got to eat and we sub them when we had the prospects in.

Great game to talk about Sengun without groupies jumping in. They are going at him on the defensive end. We should be working hard on how not to let him become Enes Kanter II. And the young guys actually cut too fast for his style. Timing will come, but a couple of possessions where I actually got to see the point of those who criticize him. He as to stop jumping on defense and we should start coaching him on the zebras. They are giving him the Dwight Howard treatment.

aaquaa likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its a habit, just like losing or winning, it almost has nothing to do with talent, roster or 'the objective' situation...

or perhaps some people see the wider picture and the fact that silas is ruining our youth by installing bad habits instead of accountability and not giving them enough PT

clos4life and fattz like this.
  7. MRS_KILLATRON2000

If you can think of a better way to help the Rockets win, then I'd love to hear it. @Killatron 2000

hakeem94, aaquaa and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

honestly why silas and lucas dont work with nwaba on his 3 pt shot?

and why they didnt do it already in the summer?

if he gets his shot straight wed be having an allstar on our hands on a bargain deal....
    cmon its their job to teach people...and nwaba has planty of talent and work ethic...dont tell me its a mission impossible, i think these people are just lazy and dont care(not incentivized)

and dont tell me he cant shoot, NWABA WAS 34% 3pt shooter before landing in houston
    did silas and lucas untaught him to shoot 3s?

aaquaa likes this.
  9. VanityHalfBlack

The Tank rolls on!! Chet welcome to Houston baby!

10. juanming

juanming Member

Hey .. were you watching me through my blinds last night?

11. juanming

juanming Member

You have the best avatar on the board

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  12. juanming

juanming Member

They didn't drink enough carrot juice

hakeem94 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I just wonder why they don’t work with Sengun on his shots. Imagine if Sengun had good shooting...

fattz, hakeem94, aaquaa and 1 other person like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

whoa, whoa, WHOA! Be careful about being critical of Sengun - you'll get snatched right up by the Stans!!

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

And yet literally no one said anything to him lol People love building a good versus narative in this forum.

16. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

I can live with his getting the distance wrong. It's the misses to the side that make me sad.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]
    imho they are not incentivized to do the thighs right way
    it could be a huge simplification but

nba payment structure doesn't reward winning so starting from owners down to GM coaches and other employees and even players basically nobody really cares for winning except just paying lips service...and say all the right things but this is just a smokescreen...
    so everything is left to chance or individual excellence or conscience...
    ie lucas or silas could kill themselves of working on their player improving their shots or game in general and firatata wouldnt have paid them more because he wouldnt get paid more if rockets finish as 3rd seed compared to finishing last...

kinda nba is glorified wwe

#1297 hakeem94, Dec 29, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

As The Commander in Chief of The Sengun Police Force I approve his comment...it was well intentioned and good natured, and not in any way endangering to public perception of Senguns game or character...
    [​IMG]

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Keeping up with the Killatrons.

hakeem94 and MRS_KILLATRON2000 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]