1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 12/28/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2021.

1. riko

riko Member

Lebron is a freak of nature. Year 19 and he looks like he is still 32

DeBeards, Roomba, DreamShook and 6 others like this.
  2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Honestly I think he has a very good offensive skill set... He's a "hooper" IMO... I just think he's a 6th man... To me he will get 16/5/5 whether he plays 40 mpg or 25 mpg... If the Rox make him a 6th man, I'd love for him to stay and prosper... But forcing him to play PG ( though he looks capable at times)just to see if he can, IMO , is wasting his value to this particular team... I'd prefer he leave than stay here and "learn to play PG"

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Ignore the guys with an agenda against a certain player they think is taking away shine from their preferred player.....just look at the game overall.

KPJ was efficient tonight - 9 assists only 4 turnovers...better than a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio.

Green was efficient tonight - 50% shooting, and 50% from 3pt.

I thought both of them looked great.

Sengun, once he stopped fouling also looked good, and Josh Christopher is gaining quickly....we really missed Tate tonight.....

Good game overall though...good game.

DD

4. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

OK. One positive to take away from tonight:
    The Chris Wood jock-riding period is officially over.
    The emperor has no clothes on - he's balls-out nekkid.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen is definitely settling down. Despite the losses, it's been fun watching him play. I am liking our young team, just need to move around more pieces. I'm desperate for Garuba to be one of our future wings. I hate that we lack size.

#1165 ElPigto, Dec 28, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    Richie_Rich, DeBeards, xaos and 5 others like this.
  6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

steroids and sucking Adam silvers dick does that.

clutchdabear likes this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Josh Christopher IS a problem because he’s straight up outplaying Green .

Who looked like they had more energy tonight and who played last night and had turned an ankle ?

Dude is a baller out there . Straight up dog

can’t wait to see this dude with Tate .

8. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Now they both have to work on their court vision.
    Those assists will stack up baby!

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Agree. Sengun is always in fouling trouble because he wants playing great D. If he plays air defense, he won’t foul anyone.

DeBeards, hakeem94 and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

did you watch the game ? Or we going off stats

Richie_Rich and javal_lon like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

not all 20 points type player are same. Too bad Wood is more of the westbrick variant than a harden.

12. raining threes

I see KPJ as a high powered 6th man on a championship team. But this is only his 1st year playing the point in the NBA. So KPJ has much room to improve.

I really liked the Rockets effort and wish Wood would rebound better in the last five minutes of the game. It was like he was a bystander as Lebron drove the lane and Wood watching long rebounds bounce off of the rim.

clutchdabear and ElPigto like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yep. Sengun fouls because he doesn't want the ball going in at all despite his athletic handicap. Never have I seen an NBA player throw his whole body into a player to save 2 points in the 2nd qtr, lol.

People getting mad at Sengun because he's trying to save points is weird to me. Let this dude fouls as much as he wants, he will figure out the softness of the league.

Richie_Rich, DeBeards, Roomba and 7 others like this.
  14. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

He was playing decent d up to that point.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ll take games like tonight’s all day…all I want is to be entertained, and this game had me invested from the jump

no abundance of bricks having me dozing off or leaving the game as background noise as I check messages on my phone or do other things…the young guys played well…TC was live

the Hollins hate is forced at this point…ain’t no way somebody can tell me Bull is better with a straight face

DeBeards, xaos, Roomba and 4 others like this.
  16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I still think Sengun needs to play til he fouls out it looks like he was just gonna finish the game. KPJ had 5 fouls and SIlas had no problem keeping him in the game. Sengun only had 1 turnover and got yanked right after he got stuck in the paint.

17. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

THANK YOU!
    Sengun will go up a level when he quits trying so hard to play d by himself.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Another strong game from Green. He competed hard as the whole pack did. They just don't know how to close games (especially Silas) yet but that will come. If Green gets a reliable pull up jumper from the mid-range he's going to be impossible to guard. All the youngins looked good, the Laker old heads just had a few more tricks in the bag.

Richie_Rich, DeBeards, xaos and 6 others like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

if KPJ turned that tunnel vision into a drive and pass, this dude would be deadly.

20. HeyBudLetsParty

Hope Josh gets 28-30 mpg the rest of the season. He’s getting much better the more he plays.

Richie_Rich, xaos, GotGame15 and 6 others like this.