1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 11/19/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2014.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

You shouldn't post so often. Will be better for your reputation lol.
    Dmo hasn't gotten worse every year, that is just bull****. He is one of the only guys who will move without the ball, and will keep the ball moving. He is better in the post, and better on the defensive end.

His defense and rebounding are not good enough yet but that is why he is better suited as the back-up 4.

Tarik Black struggles to even catch the ball, he actually makes Asik look like a professional juggler or some ****.

There isn't one problem, there is a collective problem. The team just is not as good as most people are acting. People are ignoring how easy the schedule has been so far.

Anyway, I'm just sick of dumb posts blaming one person for something. To say Dmo has gotten worse every year is just flat out wrong.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

It's not just one loss. It's the way we've been playing the last 4 games--with or without Dwight.

This team is not coached to play after our option 1-2-3 fails. Option 1: Harden. Option 2: Howard. Option 3: 3pt shooting. Take them all away. The guys have no clue how to play.

Are they not professional ballers? Have they not played in college or other pro teams? They don't know how to draw up a play by themselves. Pathetic team. Pathetic GM taking so long to make necessary moves.

3. chandlerbang21

Tyson Chandler is gonna have a career night on Saturday if Dwight is out

4. chandlerbang21

Freelance offense

5. sergio

sergio Member

Something seems off with the team, like a trade is about to happen. Harden gave up at the end. I think he's mad about something.

6. gambingo

gambingo Member

wtf, how did we lose to the Lakers?

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I can see that. I'm also getting fed up with his laughing, smiling and joking around on and off the court. F'that. You gotta get a mean streak Howard. For f's sake. I'm tired of him talking about needing to be dominant and then doing the opposite.

We can't expect to do much without a dominant Howard and a decent back up center. While we're at it - we suck at power forward spot - with our w.out TJ hurt.

8. calcium

calcium Member

Damn! I could have made lots of money on this.

That's what you get for having faith.

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i think beverley gets traded

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No Howard. No depth. No coaching.

11. calcium

calcium Member

Silly minded person.

I'd rather if Lin had a monster game and the Lakers lose.

Keep your eye on the big picture, man.

From a personnel and depth point of view, how did this loss happen?

Inconceivable.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Trevor Ariza on loss to Lakers: &quot;They wanted it more than we did. They outplayed us.They played harder than we did down the stretch.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/535311655996243968">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pat Beverley on loss to the Lakers: &quot;We gave this game away. Simply gave it away.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/535312337641943041">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin on video tribute to him at Toyota Center:&quot;Very classy.They took a lot of heat for the whole jersey thing, the number thing(more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/535315366592126977">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Jeremy Lin: &quot;I feel like Daryl Morey tried to make up for that.I had a great conversation with him after it all happened.I don't(more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/535315396103266304">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Jeremy Lin on video tribute2him <a href="https://twitter.com/Toyota">@Toyota</a> Center:&quot;know if that's the reason why or whatever.I don't think it was malicious on their end&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/535315513501835264">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

#1492 J.R., Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  13. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Ummm... you are the one who responded to me, my good sir. What's irrelevant is arguing about what another person is thinking.

Go Rockets!

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Tarik Black needs to play in the D league for about 5 years he is trash.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's been the same in the post at best. He actually almost shot 30% from 3 his rookie year too..

His defense is overrated on this board. He plays much smaller than 7 feet and gave up many easy layups tonight. He's so bad he got benched for rookies Papanikolaou and Black at the end of the game.

DMo is who he is, he ain't getting better. He will probably not be in the league in a couple of seasons.

Black is a better rebounder than DMo and is a better post defender. That's all we need from a backup C spot as long as Howard is healthy.

I should have phrased my post differently. DMo isn't the only problem obviously, but as far as our lack of big man depth goes, he is a big problem. There is a HUGE drop off from Jones to DMo, and his lack of offensive game is one of the main reasons we are having problems offensively in the last few games.

You're right, maybe he hasn't gotten worse every year. He's been awful since day 1. He certainly hasn't gotten better. His FG% and 3FG% have steadily declined every year, along with his PPG. The guy is literally shooting 18% from 3 this season, and continues to hoist 'em up there for some inexplicable reason. And the crazy thing is, guys like Matt Bullard on the commentary team encourage him to shoot it! Frustrating as ****. He's a turnstile in the post, letting people go right by him, and he only gets rebounds if they fall right to him.

Sorry for ranting but DMo has been frustrating me for three years. The dude simply doesn't get it. And don't get me started on Garcia, shooting freaking 22% from three this season. Canaan should be getting PT.

16. GMNot

GMNot Member

I can't believe I've waited 2 years for ... the Rockets of 2 years ago... inability to close out close games. Boring and disappointing. And who would expect LeBron James and James Harden to blow a close game the same night on turnovers at the end. Turnovers have been the trademark of the Rockets for far too long -- along with mediocre free-throw shooting.

If Howard was thinking to save himself for Dallas, that the Rockets could handle poor little Lakers without him, he misjudged. They'll also probably lose to Dallas with or without Howard the way they are playing, if the current trajectory continues, Barkley's estimate of a 6-8 seed doesn't seem so outlandish anymore. If a strained knee was really a bruised ego due to the investigation, it's a loss that is critical, as we know, in the tough Western Conference.

Is this what they show in practice? Is this why McHale said he might not have a rotation until some time in December? If Jones is out for another month, the Rockets will struggle. They have no real depth and the rotation is hard to set with a key starter missing. If someone could step in and finish around the basket it would be different. But they struggle with that. As big as Black is, he doesn't dunk; too much early Yao.

I think the exclusion of a mid-range game is a mistake. The few they took tonight were more desperation, not in a flow of any kind.

At least I'm not paying extra to watch them (or not) now. I don't feel bad switching to other programming and just checking back to see how the game is going.

They are lulling themselves to sleep chanting the mantra, "Hey, it's a long season."

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I want to know why Dwight wasn't at the game. He was suited and booted minutes before warmups. If you're injured, why leave? Why not sit on the bench & support your squad? I don't like that at all.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

said it was a knee sprain. maybe he can't sit down in the folding chair.

19. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

YOU did.

20. solodolo

solodolo Member