1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/10/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2021.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The point is...once the greatest ISO player ever is gone, your system can't just be isolation. I'm cool with him implementing some different stuff offensively and letting role players have a more active role. That doesn't mean guys like Ben McLemore and David Nwaba are the right guys to do that, but it's just an eye towards the future. If we wanted to keep the offense that maximized Harden, we would have just kept D'Antoni.

The problem with Silas is he clearly brings nothing defensively. That's a big problem. The talent isn't great there, but there appears to be no sort of scheme to help improve that. They just look poorly coached on that end, honestly.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

And yet Harden only (no Wall) line ups are producing the BEST offense in the NBA.

This is simply amazing for a guy who displays no effort. :rolleyes:

What is more dumbfounding is Rockets FO have completely abandoned their emphasis on analytics.

The lunatics are now running the asylum.

But you are right, Harden just doesnt care. :rolleyes:

#1662 D-rock, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    HP3 and Rocket River like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wall is supposed to be done after his injury.

Now he is just mediocre to above average.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree on the last paragraph.

No executive in any industry would squander an asset AND production like Silas is doing, no matter your future plans.

Its wasteful and bad for business.

HP3 likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Look, I understand you are not a deep thinker but even you could see that the Rockets failed to score 30 points in any quarter last night.

I do not recall a Rockets game in Harden era that has ever happened.

Defense is a problem for damn sure, but if you cannot see that the offense is underperforming almost as much when Harden is NOT on the court, blind does not even begin to describe you.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Your reading skills are out of whack partner.

7. Htown's Finest

Dude how is that hard to understand D-rock. You are a smart guy, why do you think Harden only lineups produce the most points? Because he is the iso king lol. That's not hard to figure out. But you'd have to be insane to think we should just keep giving the ball to Harden, and let everyone watch him dribble the ball 50 million times, and that will lead us to a championship. It don't work (in my bad english) bro. You've been watching Harden the whole 8-9 years he's been here too right? I bet you haven't missed many Rockets games as most of us haven't. Bro we've seen this guy play, we know his game, you honestly are going to say Harden is playing with the same amount of energy and effort bro? You can lie to me all day long brother but don't lie to yourself D-rock baby. He doesn't want to be here, and he is pouting on the court and it shows in his play, his numbers, and his interviews. This is common sense at this point...

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

It seems that Harden is only unleashed for 14 minutes a game under Silas.

Not winning vs. the best teams with that strategy.

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are ignoring the evidence to the contrary and continue to repeat the lie.

I understand that particular tactic is popular now but no matter how often you repeat it, the truth is that Rockets are at their best when Harden iso's.

And if the goal is a championship then why do you support lesser player(s) dominating the ball in a much less efficient system?

Even the Harden naysayers agree that this defense is abominable, so why does Silas get a pass on his offense?

HP3 likes this.
  10. Htown's Finest

Are you stupid or something (like you told me last night)? CHAMPIONSHIPS BRO CHAMPIONSHIPS...

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

You believe THIS system is bringing championships to Houston?

You are even more far gone than I thought.

HP3 likes this.
  12. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

At least you admit that Kawhi is better than Harden.

13. Htown's Finest

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you demand that Rockets trade Harden because he is not performing to level of expectations due to not being maximized in a system OR with a coach that you now admit is NOT championship caliber?

And you still believe that Harden is the problem?

You are completely hopeless.

HP3 likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is not that the Rockets are better when Harden ISOs. . . .
    but when HARDEN RUNS THE OFFENSE

There is literally nothing that WALL does better than Harden
    Maybe he can be better off the ball

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Ok cool. Maybe now Tilman can sell the team as it has regained some of its' value with the ability to restart the sell out now that Morey is gone.

HP3, D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  18. Htown's Finest

I'm hopeless now because I believe Harden is part of the problem LMAO? That's why nobody can have a responsible conversation with you because you are not a rationally thinking guy. You only see things from one perspective and that's a very very dangerous place to be in (all jokes aside). I don't wanna keep going in circles with you if you can't acknowledge that SOME of the problems this team has had over the years and currently is because of Harden. If you can't even admit that then we have nothing more to talk about.

19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You guys set mediocre goals to judge by. Just win the damn game. lol You do that by shooting better and playing better defense along with some semblance of boxing out.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are a savant.

HP3 likes this.