1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 5/2/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2021.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

You must have missed the game about a week ago against Denver. The game ended on 5 pages. Took a massive effort and a bit of spamming of one word posts by @Mr. Space City just to get it to the massive 8 pages where it currently sits.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/clutchfans-game-thread-rockets-nuggets-4-24-2021.311393/

hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  2. vator

Kind of makes me wonder where all of the we should trade this player and that player and fire MDA people ran off to. Where the "this team is more fun to watch" and "I'd rather lose and watch the Rockets playing team ball where everybody gets to share responsibility" folks are. Be careful what you ask for. Ironically, we probably won't be a good team again until we get another guy worthy of being ball dominant.

B-Bob, HP3, RHU525 and 6 others like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought we stopped talking like this months ago. dont be that guy, man.

we're all struggling.

its almost over.

4. vator

We mostly did, but look at the state of the game threads. This is game thread related. Where are they? Just wondering out loud. It's not like I started a whole thread about it. That would be uncalled for in my opinion, but they should be here suffering along with the rest of us since they had so much to say, but they probably aren't as invested in the Rockets as they claimed to be.

Now the Rockets are hands down the worst team in the association and they are nowhere to be found.

#124 vator, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
    jordnnnn, HP3, topfive and 5 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

they all dipped which was pretty predictable...all that BS they were spewing, got what they wanted, and then found out what they wanted was sh*t

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I didn't watch the last two games but saw KPJ did not follow up his 50 point performances with good games in either of them.

s3ts likes this.
  7. payaso

payaso Member

Nope, at best he shared a little Eric Gordon mojo with us.
    There's not a night-in, night-out transformational player to be seen in this team's future- we'll see a lot of sporadic heroics in between bad shooting and miserable defensive efforts for years to come, most likely.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

On the contrary, it has just begun.

Get used to struggling and suffering. It's what Tilman has bestowed on us all.

D-rock, HP3, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  9. vator

Yeah I was going to go back to address the "it's almost over" part of the response too, but I wasn't sure if he was referring to the season or the suffering. The season is almost over, the suffering almost assuredly isn't. One draft pick isn't going to fix this team. None of these guys are probably Lebron or Shaq level floor raisers. We need to hit on multiple good players. Look around the league and see how long it takes and how many high lottery picks teams have to go through before they are even viable to compete for an 8th seed.

D-rock, HP3 and topfive like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Right. Even a #5 pick D'Aaron Fox-level player won't help this team for 3-4 years, if then.

HP3 and vator like this.
  11. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Looking at the T Wolves, it doesnt look good.

payaso, B-Bob and vator like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What a dumb assessment of a 20 soon to be 21 year old. You do know besides someone like Lebron, players at that age are inconsistent?

You do know he's the youngest player in history to score 50 and double digit assists right?

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

which sitcom is that?

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Golden Girls .... it's a sit-com from back in the 1900s

15. payaso

payaso Member

I --did-- say "transformational player"; Which transformational players have been taken with the last pick in the 1st round? What in KPJ's game do you see that rises to that level? Is he at Ja Morant's level, even?

Nice that you're looking out for the kid, but for this team, post-Harden, a 50-10 game is an outlier- nothing more, nothing less- unless through magic, something infuses him with transformational tiger blood- and there's your guy other players hitch their fortunes to for a chip.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It shouldn't take us long at all. Adding a max player for next season would do the trick. They are actually in a good tanking situation where if they play their cards right, they can come out of this pretty much unscathed. Then if they hit this draft right they could really be on fire for next season.